low height pull down faucet? - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Greggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Solvang, California
Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Posts: 764
low height pull down faucet?

We're on the hunt for a pull down faucet that isn't too tall (under12") and will work with a bar sink. Selection seems pretty limited.

They have to be out there somewhere??

Greg
__________________

__________________
Some who wander are not lost...
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:21 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
NW Cat Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 2,492
I got the Blanco Torino, Jr. faucet off Amazon. Mind you, we don't have our trailer, so I don't know how it'll work in real life, but it's low and it'll fit the Blanco sink we ordered through Pioneer. The Junior style of faucet wasn't available in Canada, so I bought it and will haul it up to ETI when the time comes.

It comes in other colors, besides the black (anthracite) that I got - biscotti, truffle, cafe brown, cinder and maybe something else. It measures a smidge over 6" high and has a reach of 7.75". My husband printed out to scale the side view Blanco has on their web site and I plunked it over an area the same size as the sink and it looks like it'll work just fine.

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QLCOTO/...+torino+faucet
__________________

__________________
Laura and Dirk and Spike (the cat)
www.UnderKittySupervision.com
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:29 PM   #3
Member
 
huskersteffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
Posts: 81
I found this "RV" faucet online for our 21: Brushed Nickel Single Handle Pull Down Hybrid Kitchen Faucet with Spray Shut-of

I ordered it through O'Connor RV in Chilliwack: RV Dealership near Abbotsford l New & Used Motorhomes l O'Connor RV

They then delivered it to Escape. Hopefully, I will see how it turned out in a few weeks.
__________________
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
Theodore Roosevelt
huskersteffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:16 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Greggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Solvang, California
Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Posts: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I got the Blanco Torino, Jr. faucet off Amazon. Mind you, we don't have our trailer, so I don't know how it'll work in real life, but it's low and it'll fit the Blanco sink we ordered through Pioneer. The Junior style of faucet wasn't available in Canada, so I bought it and will haul it up to ETI when the time comes.

It comes in other colors, besides the black (anthracite) that I got - biscotti, truffle, cafe brown, cinder and maybe something else. It measures a smidge over 6" high and has a reach of 7.75". My husband printed out to scale the side view Blanco has on their web site and I plunked it over an area the same size as the sink and it looks like it'll work just fine.

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QLCOTO/...+torino+faucet
Thanks Laura. I'll order it and have a look.

We ordered one from Home Depot that turned into quite a comedy. Apparently it wasn't "California compliant" whatever the he*l that means so HD substituted another that was huge and reminded me of a fire hose nozzle. At 16" tall, we realized we really need to stay under 10-12" max.

We were just about to give up. Seems the faucet world has an amazing selection of faucets that are mostly alike. Hopefully this one will work.

Greg

Ps-got the LAST one! Thanks again.
__________________
Some who wander are not lost...
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:20 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
NW Cat Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 2,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
(snip) We were just about to give up. Seems the faucet world has an amazing selection of faucets that are mostly alike. Hopefully this one will work.

Greg

Ps-got the LAST one! Thanks again.
Yeah, I looked at a ton of faucets, both online and in person, before I found this one. I wanted something that wasn't as high as what others are using and I wanted a pullout style. I also didn't want stainless, which really limited me. I stumbled across this one when I was at the Blanco site, reading up about the sink I was ordering. And thought "well, lookie here, this is just what I want", had Dirk print out the diagram, tested it and then ordered it from Amazon. It's in my stash of stuff for the trailer. It looks really nice in person and I'm sure it'll look really nice in the trailer.

If you get yours installed before ours, be sure to let me know how it looks and works in the trailer. Ours isn't due until end of Dec (although we're hoping for earlier), but I'm busy getting stuff now.

And the silly thing costs more than the sink! But they're the same color so they'll look really nice together (I think!).

Glad I could help.
__________________
Laura and Dirk and Spike (the cat)
www.UnderKittySupervision.com
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:00 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Greggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Solvang, California
Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Posts: 764
We're going on the wild side, even adding a soap dispenser! Cooooool!
__________________
Some who wander are not lost...
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:14 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Los Osos, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Posts: 2,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskersteffy View Post
I found this "RV" faucet online for our 21: Brushed Nickel Single Handle Pull Down Hybrid Kitchen Faucet with Spray Shut-of

I ordered it through O'Connor RV in Chilliwack: RV Dealership near Abbotsford l New & Used Motorhomes l O'Connor RV

They then delivered it to Escape. Hopefully, I will see how it turned out in a few weeks.
Looks much better to me than the blanco as it doesn't spray at about a 45 degree angle. Folks, these sinks are small.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:44 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Greggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Solvang, California
Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Posts: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Looks much better to me than the blanco as it doesn't spray at about a 45 degree angle. Folks, these sinks are small.
Ross, next time we're camping at MDO, you can come by and do the dishes to try it out!

Greg
__________________
Some who wander are not lost...
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:04 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Los Osos, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Posts: 2,419
That's funny- the newbies we met recently had similar dual plastic tubs we use in our sink. They said a family member gave it to them- calling it a dishwasher.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:24 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Greggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Solvang, California
Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Posts: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
That's funny- the newbies we met recently had similar dual plastic tubs we use in our sink. They said a family member gave it to them- calling it a dishwasher.
I know some Casita people who use a black plastic trough inside the trailer and call it a bathtub! For real!
__________________

__________________
Some who wander are not lost...
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.