low pressure propane quick connect - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-07-2017, 02:05 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Naples, New York
Trailer: 2007 Casita Spirt Deluxe
Posts: 186
low pressure propane quick connect

If I get the propane quick connect option what would i have to Do to hook up to this table top grill
https://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Hollow-...tabletop+grill



Or would i better to get a 5lb tank

hmmm..
__________________

NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 19,445
You will have to eliminate the pressure regulator attached to the unit, I'd contact the grill manufacturer, they may provide a low pressure attachment or have one to purchase.
__________________

__________________
Jim
It is not the years in your life but the life in your years Lincoln
cpaharley2008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
AKCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Posts: 407
looks to me like the regulator is part of the valve. I would just use 1 lb. cylinders and refill them or use the 5 lb. tank. I have a small Weber Q grill and I still use the small green cylinders. I think if I were full timing i would do something else though.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #4
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 5,770
As mentioned, you remove the high pressure regulator and adapt what is left to connect to the quick connect hose end. Here's a video on how to do it to a Weber Q grill. There are a million of them on utube, I just picked one. Note that when you remove the regulator on the Weber you still have the adjuster knob, this may not be true of all grills. Your chosen grill also needs to have a screw on regulator so you can match the threads, no idea if they are all the same. The video will give you the idea anyway.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 13,692
If you are going to use 1lb. tanks, bring them with you or bring your Visa card. Plus tax, plus environmental fee.
I use a 10 lb. tank. Used to have a 5 lb. which was OK too. I like that I can put my BBQ wherever I like ( in the lee of the trailer when windy for instance ).
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 1.17.26 PM.png (33.6 KB, 225 views)
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Iowa Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Benton County, Iowa
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Posts: 4,284
I0 pound tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
If you are going to use 1lb. tanks, bring them with you or bring your Visa card.
I use a 10 lb. tank. Used to have a 5 lb. which was OK too. I like that I can put my BBQ wherever I like ( in the lee of the trailer when windy for instance ).
Glenn, as previously discussed I went to the bulk tank this past season and can’t say enough good about it. I like the portability, volume available, refill cost versus 1lb cylinder cost etc. Heard from one of my kids this summer “ Hey dad, do you have any little green tanks? “Nope, sorry I gave you my last ones”
Dave
__________________
Strike while the iron is hot. Live every day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 13,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
“ Hey dad, do you have any little green tanks? “Nope, sorry I gave you my last ones”
Dave
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:05 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Naples, New York
Trailer: 2007 Casita Spirt Deluxe
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You will have to eliminate the pressure regulator attached to the unit, I'd contact the grill manufacturer, they may provide a low pressure attachment or have one to purchase.
I check with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCamper View Post
looks to me like the regulator is part of the valve. I would just use 1 lb. cylinders and refill them or use the 5 lb. tank. I have a small Weber Q grill and I still use the small green cylinders. I think if I were full timing i would do something else though.
Yes the valve and regulator is one part
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:42 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Posts: 318
ETI LP hose connection

I have two 20 pound tanks connected to my bbq through the ETI supplied LP hose. Funny thing, it never seems to run out.
__________________
Hugh
hughharden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:32 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,158
On my Dickinson BBQ I swapped out the regulator/valve for a simple volume control. One my Camp Chef stove and Outland fire pit, I just easily removed the existing regulator and hose. Each appliance got a male QC.

I know others scoff at this, but I just love the setup. I can have any two of the three appliances running at one time, and at 27-30 ' from the trailer connection.

I have used the little green bottles a lot in the past, and have come to loathe them. Regardless of the fact they are expensive and environmentally unfriendly, they also seem to run out mid grilling, and sometimes to find that I just used the last one.

If not going with the LP QC, I would bring an extra tank and hoses, though with either of these last two methods storage of the bottles is more of an issue than storage of my hoses.

Though, as long as the food gets cooked and tastes good, all is well.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:39 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 345
I also modified our Weber Q grill to accept the quick connect, as well as our Honda EU2000 generator. I like standardizing things, and the wonderful benefits: No gasoline to deal with, no little Propane bottles to deal with, etc,...

You DO have to have the correct hoses with the quick connect connectors though...Don't forget those !
thiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:05 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Naples, New York
Trailer: 2007 Casita Spirt Deluxe
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You will have to eliminate the pressure regulator attached to the unit, I'd contact the grill manufacturer, they may provide a low pressure attachment or have one to purchase.
I talked to them they don't sell that option. But I did find this one
https://jet.com/product/detail/4e8f4...xoCSrUQAvD_BwE

I almost sure that end will work on grill, but are the quick connect fittings all the same ? I know with air fitting ever manufacture seems to make sure they will not interchange


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
On my Dickinson BBQ I swapped out the regulator/valve for a simple volume control. One my Camp Chef stove and Outland fire pit, I just easily removed the existing regulator and hose. Each appliance got a male QC.

I know others scoff at this, but I just love the setup. I can have any two of the three appliances running at one time, and at 27-30 ' from the trailer connection.

I have used the little green bottles a lot in the past, and have come to loathe them. Regardless of the fact they are expensive and environmentally unfriendly, they also seem to run out mid grilling, and sometimes to find that I just used the last one.

If not going with the LP QC, I would bring an extra tank and hoses, though with either of these last two methods storage of the bottles is more of an issue than storage of my hoses.

Though, as long as the food gets cooked and tastes good, all is well.
when you say simple volume control do you mean just a valve. I dint think of that but it would work fine.

when you get the ETI quick connect does that come with a hose?
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:34 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Posts: 318
propane hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I talked to them they don't sell that option. But I did find this one
https://jet.com/product/detail/4e8f4...xoCSrUQAvD_BwE

I almost sure that end will work on grill, but are the quick connect fittings all the same ? I know with air fitting ever manufacture seems to make sure they will not interchange



when you say simple volume control do you mean just a valve. I dint think of that but it would work fine.

when you get the ETI quick connect does that come with a hose?
Yes comes with a 12 foot hose with quick connect to hook to the trailer one end and a 3/8" female flare fitting on the other end.
__________________
Hugh
hughharden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere, Florida
Trailer: 1804 Schooner
Posts: 1,642
There are low pressure propane fittings and high pressure propane fittings and although they have the same external profile, the internal passageways are not the same and are not compatible. Be sure to purchase low pressure fittings. Tejas Smokers (Google it) is a good source, though a bit pricey, for propane hoses and fittings. Like Jim, I can run two appliances and am able to use the Campfire-in-a-Can up to 35-feet away from the trailer.
__________________
“Quoth the Raven, ‘Nevermore’......” E. A. Poe
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Moyie Springs, Idaho
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
If I get the propane quick connect option what would i have to Do to hook up to this table top grill
https://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Hollow-...tabletop+grill



Or would i better to get a 5lb tank

hmmm..
Magma makes grills for marine and rv use. Here is their low pressure conversion valve...

https://www.amazon.com/Magma-Product...SIN=B0018Y6SZS
__________________
Keith & Lauren
2018 Escape 19
2019 RAM 1500 5.7L V8
New Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:02 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 11,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I talked to them they don't sell that option. But I did find this one
https://jet.com/product/detail/4e8f4...xoCSrUQAvD_BwE
I have no idea what the link was supposed to lead to (presumably a hose of some sort), but it doesn't work for me (and I'm not surprised, since it is full of codes that probably don't make sense except on the computer where it was saved).

Was there a manufacturer and part number for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I almost sure that end will work on grill, but are the quick connect fittings all the same ?
Yes, all of the low-pressure propane quick-disconnect fittings in North America (regardless of brand) are the same... but they're different from high-pressure fittings, and different from fittings for natural gas. This style is often called a "Model 250", because one of the manufacturers calls it that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
when you get the ETI quick connect does that come with a hose?
The hose which ETI supplies has a quick-disconnect plug (male fitting) on one end (to go into the outlet on the trailer), and a 3/8" female SAE flare fitting on the other end (intended to be left attached to the appliance, but could be adapted to other fittings.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:07 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 11,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
when you say simple volume control do you mean just a valve. I dint think of that but it would work fine.
It's just a valve, but it need to fit the appliance (Smoke Hollow grill in this case), and it needs to be suitable for controlling propane flow at low pressure. The valve used by Jim Bennett and the one from Magma are both specifically intended for this purpose, but neither of them would likely fit directly on the Smoke Hollow grill.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Chotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Naugatuck, Connecticut
Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I have no idea what the link was supposed to lead to (presumably a hose of some sort), but it doesn't work for me (and I'm not surprised, since it is full of codes that probably don't make sense except on the computer where it was saved).

Was there a manufacturer and part number for this?


Yes, all of the low-pressure propane quick-disconnect fittings in North America (regardless of brand) are the same... but they're different from high-pressure fittings, and different from fittings for natural gas. This style is often called a "Model 250", because one of the manufacturers calls it that.


The hose which ETI supplies has a quick-disconnect plug (male fitting) on one end (to go into the outlet on the trailer), and a 3/8" female SAE flare fitting on the other end (intended to be left attached to the appliance, but could be adapted to other fittings.
Link worked for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F2F09183-5B88-469B-96A9-781217015301.jpg (139.2 KB, 24 views)
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:34 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 11,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post
Link worked for me
Excellent
You never know what combination of OS, browser, installation details, and location are required for some of this scripted crap to work.

The image shows a Camco 57638, which is intended for one of Camco's Olympian grills. It is not in the current online Camco product catalog, although it is available from various online sources, including Walmart and Amazon (which has a clearly incorrect description). It appears to consist of a quick-disconnect extension (so its outlet is the same as the connector on the trailer) and a control valve.

The valve might work for another grill (if it is intended for the right propane flow range), and might physically fit another grill. Walmart lists a Camco valve which may be the same item; it has a M12x1.5 thread on the grill side, with some sort of gas connection which might be sealed with an o-ring. Would it fit the Smoke Hollow grill?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:01 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Naples, New York
Trailer: 2007 Casita Spirt Deluxe
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Excellent
You never know what combination of OS, browser, installation details, and location are required for some of this scripted crap to work.

The image shows a Camco 57638, which is intended for one of Camco's Olympian grills. It is not in the current online Camco product catalog, although it is available from various online sources, including Walmart and Amazon (which has a clearly incorrect description). It appears to consist of a quick-disconnect extension (so its outlet is the same as the connector on the trailer) and a control valve.

The valve might work for another grill (if it is intended for the right propane flow range), and might physically fit another grill. Walmart lists a Camco valve which may be the same item; it has a M12x1.5 thread on the grill side, with some sort of gas connection which might be sealed with an o-ring. Would it fit the Smoke Hollow grill?

Thanks for the tip on just the valve . I ordered that. I am sure it will work on my grill, well 90% sure.

looking at picture of the valve It appears I could take off the quick connect mail fitting and attach the adapter ETI supplies with hose.
the hose picture is from ETI and it appears its supplied with a adapter . can any one confirm that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg grill part.jpeg (15.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Quick Connect Hose.jpg (195.1 KB, 10 views)
__________________

NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×