Low Pressure Quick Connect Appliances - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2018, 07:46 AM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Personally, if I were worried about a connection within the trailer, I wouldn't run an unvented heater inside, but everyone has their own tolerance for different risks.
Brian, I tend to agree 100% with you on that. Honestly, I don’t even like to run the cook stove and do all of the cooking outside. The only time I use the cook stove is early morning when I have no shore power and I heat water for the 1 cup pour-over because I cannot use the drip coffee maker. Having a quick connect inside wouldn’t be of concern to me, however, from a safety standpoint. I don’t see it as a likely source of leaking propane any more than the connections on the refrigerator, furnace, water heater, or cook stove. I think if someone produced a cook top that could be used inside and disconnected for outside use a lot of people would go for it.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:24 PM   #42

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Brian: I was simply going off the description on their site that says:
“Safety System:........................Power exhaust venting removes 100% of combustion by-products. Automatic Safety Shut-off in case of malfunction. No open windows are required. Operates safely at altitudes above 5000 ft.”

I didn’t study how it’s actually built and if these claims are true.
Yeah, the claims are "interesting" and certainly misleading. This heater has been around for a long time, and has come up in similar discussions in FiberglassRV.

The first hint that it is all bull is the statement "No open windows are required": then with an exhaust and no intake where is the make-up air coming from?

To be fair, perhaps if the appliance were properly described on the vendor's website or supported by documentation it would turn out to be different from - and better than - what the published information indicates.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape 21 - Nov 2017 "Harvey"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
...the statement "No open windows are required": then with an exhaust and no intake where is the make-up air coming from?
You have your fiberglass RV blinders on. The vast majority of RVs (and therefore, customers) are stick built. So drafty that an open window is not needed if an exhaust fan is running.
jking1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:23 PM   #44

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
In the clinch

There’s a short shot to the body. I can hear the air coming out and feel the spit on the side of my head. Hey how about them Buckeyes, they snuffed out South Dakota State, on to Gonezage.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-23-2018, 01:05 AM   #45

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
New to LPQC

Hi!

New to the LPQC. I thought I found my perfect grill: Camp Chef Everest 2-Burner.

However, I've now learned that it is "high pressure".

Can it be easily modified to use the LPQC? I talked to customer support at Camp Chef and they said no, but that may just mean that they don't provide an option.

Thanks!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:53 AM   #46

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Hi!

New to the LPQC. I thought I found my perfect grill: Camp Chef Everest 2-Burner.

However, I've now learned that it is "high pressure".

Can it be easily modified to use the LPQC? I talked to customer support at Camp Chef and they said no, but that may just mean that they don't provide an option.

Thanks!
When I was looking for a good 2 burner stove that can be used with the LP QC, pretty sure the Camp Chef Everest was ruled out as not one that could be easily converted. However, their Ranger II is one that can very easily be converted. As well, it is by far the best camp drive I have used. A few of my friends now have one and love it, along with members here too. Burns hot, heats evenly and simmers great. Built well too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:08 AM   #47

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
We have the Everest. We like it. It will not convert with available conventional fittings. After a couple years of one pound cylinders, I went to an auxillary 11 lb tank that I keep in the storage box. Runs my campfire in a can, Everest stove, hanging propane lantern, or Weber Q. I don’t always haul all of these devices, I mix and match for the activities at
hand. Everest has been good though. We had the big Camp Chef stoves in Scouts. Bullet proof. The 30,000 x 60,000 two burner was very handy for heating water but would freeze up a partial propane tank if run wide open. And that’s how Boy Scouts do things if not supervised.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-11-2018, 01:53 AM   #48

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
I have modified our camp chef fire pit to have a low pressure hose to plug right into the escape. I would love a high pressure to low pressure quick disconnect adapter, so I can quickly just connect a regulator to be able to connect directly to a tank. Has anyone done this?
drjenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:16 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenk View Post
I have modified our camp chef fire pit to have a low pressure hose to plug right into the escape. I would love a high pressure to low pressure quick disconnect adapter, so I can quickly just connect a regulator to be able to connect directly to a tank. Has anyone done this?
I really don't think there is such an animal, but what I do is carry one hose and regulator that can quickly adapt my fire pit, stove or grill in a couple minutes should I have need for a high pressure connection.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-11-2018, 04:16 AM   #50

Quote:
If my perception of what you want is correct, yes, I have made one. I purchased a regulator with an acme connection (at Lowe’s) that attaches to the tank and added a female low pressure QD fitting to the outflow side. It allows me to use my grill and fire pit (which have been converted to low pressure) away from the trailer’s low pressure fitting. It cost @ $30 to assemble. Be sure to use a low pressure QD female fitting. While the look the same externally, low pressure and high pressure fittings are NOT interchangeable.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:29 AM   #51

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
If my perception of what you want is correct, yes, I have made one. I purchased a regulator with an acme connection (at Lowe’s) that attaches to the tank and added a female low pressure QD fitting to the outflow side. It allows me to use my grill and fire pit (which have been converted to low pressure) away from the trailer’s low pressure fitting. It cost @ $30 to assemble. Be sure to use a low pressure QD female fitting. While the look the same externally, low pressure and high pressure fittings are NOT interchangeable.
This is exactly what I want to do. Did you find the correct threading on the low pressure QD fitting to fit the regulator? Is there an intermediary adapter? I've been scouring amazon and haven't seen something that gives me the idea it would work. I should go to Lowes as well and see in person.
drjenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #52

What am I missing here? You have to then use a regulator, and it takes but a short moment to undo the flare fitting to the male LP QC on the appliance, and replace it with a hose and regulator built in. Would not using low pressure connections have the potential for mix ups?

Since using LP appliances on my trailer for the last 9 years, I have only twice now had to do this swap, once with the BBQ for tailgating, and once for the firepit and a backyard party during a fire ban. But, I am ready when needed.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:06 AM   #53

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
We are very happy with the convenience of the low pressure gas connect on our trailer. We have used it for our Magma Adventurer series grill and for our Camp Chef 2 burner stove. Magma makes a low pressure valve to use instead of the regulator that comes with the grill. Since we have the Magma regulator and the low pressure valve we have the option of using it close to the trailer or farther away if needed.

Adventurer_Series
New Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:36 PM   #54

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Yup I put one together. Buy a low pressure female fitting use the disposable tank fitting and regulator, just get fittings to connect the two and you are ready to use your grill away from the camper!
Attached Thumbnails
20180711_132925.jpg  
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #55

Quote:
This is exactly what I want to do. Did you find the correct threading on the low pressure QD fitting to fit the regulator? Is there an intermediary adapter? I've been scouring amazon and haven't seen something that gives me the idea it would work. I should go to Lowes as well and see in person.
If I remember correctly, the output threads on the regulator were1/4-20 and the lip pressure female QC had male 1/4-20 threads, so it was just a matter of applying sealant (or Teflon tape) and threading it together.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
What am I missing here? You have to then use a regulator, and it takes but a short moment to undo the flare fitting to the male LP QC on the appliance, and replace it with a hose and regulator built in. Would not using low pressure connections have the potential for mix ups?

Since using LP appliances on my trailer for the last 9 years, I have only twice now had to do this swap, once with the BBQ for tailgating, and once for the firepit and a backyard party during a fire ban. But, I am ready when needed.
Just trying to confuse you, Jim!

Actually, all of my appliances have male fittings that plug directly into the regulated QC fitting supplied by ETI. By making up the “adapter,” I can attach to any propane tank and plug my grill/fire pit/Camp Chef with their male fittings dirextly in without having to disconnect fittings. I just find it convenient and extremely fast. It works very well with my 5-pound tank which is much lighter than a 20-pound tank.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:38 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Just trying to confuse you, Jim!
Well stop it, you know how easily that can happen!