omitting A/C and replacing it with a second fan - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-06-2016, 11:03 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 9,223
Definitely keep the A/C option open, if not for yourself, for a buyer. Include the digital thermostat.
__________________

__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:11 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Trailer: 2005 Casita 17
Posts: 21
And oars out the windows?
__________________

Mandomary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:17 PM   #13
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandomary View Post
Change that to 2 hr east. Can't go 2 hr west.
I wondered about that.......lol
__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:20 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Front Range, Colorado
Trailer: Eureka Equinox 6 person tent. (with a broken zipper) 5.0 TA on order July 2017 delivery
Posts: 250
Airxcel | AC, Heating & Appliances for Industrial and Personal Use

There is a MaxxFan Plus and MaxxFan Deluxe. I believe the Plus is the standard one Escape installs and for $100 or $125. you can upgrade to the Deluxe which directs the air up, over and sort of down. I am thinking of the Plus in place of the A/C and the Deluxe where the MaxxFan is normally located.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:11 AM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Seattle, Washington
Trailer: 17b - March 2017 Towed by: Volvo XC90 2017
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
Airxcel | AC, Heating & Appliances for Industrial and Personal Use

There is a MaxxFan Plus and MaxxFan Deluxe. I believe the Plus is the standard one Escape installs and for $100 or $125. you can upgrade to the Deluxe which directs the air up, over and sort of down. I am thinking of the Plus in place of the A/C and the Deluxe where the MaxxFan is normally located.
I'm pretty sure that the default MaxxFan is the Deluxe. The upgrade on the build sheet is for adding a remote. More details:

Maxfan
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:16 AM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Seattle, Washington
Trailer: 17b - March 2017 Towed by: Volvo XC90 2017
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
Especially if you have the spray foam insulation on the bottom. Might need to fill the grey and white tanks for ballast though.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:17 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 9,223
Never understood the remote. I'd walk further trying to figure out where I left it.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:24 AM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Seattle, Washington
Trailer: 17b - March 2017 Towed by: Volvo XC90 2017
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Definitely keep the A/C option open, if not for yourself, for a buyer. Include the digital thermostat.
Yes, definitely planning on keeping the A/C option open for a future buyer, or even myself if I later decide that it was a terrible idea not to include it.

I do have another backup plan of eventually putting in one of the 5000 BTU Frigidaire A/C units where the Microwave is often put, but I haven't threshed that one out yet.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:27 AM   #19
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
Yes, definitely planning on keeping the A/C option open for a future buyer, or even myself if I later decide that it was a terrible idea not to include it.

I do have another backup plan of eventually putting in one of the 5000 BTU Frigidaire A/C units where the Microwave is often put, but I haven't threshed that one out yet.
Interesting idea. That could be made to work, although the mini-split heat pump idea (another thread) sounds even better.
__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:31 AM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Seattle, Washington
Trailer: 17b - March 2017 Towed by: Volvo XC90 2017
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Never understood the remote. I'd walk further trying to figure out where I left it.
Me too. I can see a remote being useful on one of those big class A RVs where the ceiling is 8 feet high, but it seems like overkill on an Escape, at least to me.
__________________

paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.