omitting A/C and replacing it with a second fan - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2016, 11:36 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
Me too. I can see a remote being useful on one of those big class A RVs where the ceiling is 8 feet high, but it seems like overkill on an Escape, at least to me.
At least you can brag about having one to those big fellows
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:40 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
Yes, definitely planning on keeping the A/C option open for a future buyer, or even myself if I later decide that it was a terrible idea not to include it.

I do have another backup plan of eventually putting in one of the 5000 BTU Frigidaire A/C units where the Microwave is often put, but I haven't threshed that one out yet.
www.noriahome.com

I'm keeping an eye on this A/C. It should sell for $499.00 and probably be available in April 2017. I won't be thinking about needing A/C until mid 2018.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 05:33 AM   #23

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
www.noriahome.com

I'm keeping an eye on this A/C. It should sell for $499.00 and probably be available in April 2017. I won't be thinking about needing A/C until mid 2018.
There's also this portable 12 volt A/C that uses the Danfoss/Secop compressor. But at only 3250 BTU using 36 amp, I think it's safe to say it will remain a niche product. Maybe someday in the future when we all have dual lithium ion batteries it will make more sense.

SW CUBE / U-Go [same manufacturer]
SW CUBE - Truck air conditioner - Indel B
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:12 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The remote with the fan upgrade comes with a holder, just like the new awning, where you can mount anywhere, probably near the bed area for the fan. The upgrade also includes the smoke cover which is more clearer than than the stock cover. You can still control the fan from the fan itself, the remote just allows a second place of control.