Opolar F511 USB fan / 600 mA ok to draw? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2017, 09:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Question Opolar F511 USB fan / 600 mA ok to draw?

Hi all

On our 21’ 2017 Escape…. would it be a problem to plug in a USB device that draws 600 mA (the fan listed below, running on high) into one of the built in USB outlets?

or ... into one of the built in cigarette lighter style outlets (into a USB charger that is in a built in cigarette lighter)

and…. for what it is worth - the Opolar F511 USB fan is supposedly good, and quiet, and is currently $23 on Amazon.com

The Opolar F511 is a 9’’ diameter, three-blade desktop fan with two speeds and a built-in stand.

https://www.amazon.com/OPOLAR-Enhanc.../dp/B06WGLGJ94

On low speed, the F511 pulls about 200 mA. On high, about 600 mA.

The fan is driven by a 5 V brushless motor and on low, it is virtually silent, I have read from a review on a trusted magazine.

I think it might be good for the Escape - both inside, and while sitting under the awning.

Thoughts?

thanks

John
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Hi all

On our 21’ 2017 Escape…. would it be a problem to plug in a USB device that draws 600 mA (the fan listed below, running on high) into one of the built in USB outlets?

or ... into one of the built in cigarette lighter style outlets (into a USB charger that is in a built in cigarette lighter)

and…. for what it is worth - the Opolar F511 USB fan is supposedly good, and quiet, and is currently $23 on Amazon.com

The Opolar F511 is a 9’’ diameter, three-blade desktop fan with two speeds and a built-in stand.

The fan is driven by a 5 V brushless motor and on low, it is virtually silent, I have read from a review on a trusted magazine.

I think it might be good for the Escape - both inside, and while sitting under the awning.

Thoughts?

thanks

John
Shouldn't be a problem. The ports are rated at 2.1 amps.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Shouldn't be a problem. The ports are rated at 2.1 amps.
Thanks Jon - good to know

and

I know that Fantastic Vent Endless Breeze Fan is popular - but it is $65-ish and the Opolar F511 is less than 1/2 the price, even if you have to buy a cigarette to USB adapter.... am I missing something?

other than one more speed, and slightly different form factor.... any reason to buy the Fantastic Vent Endless Breeze Fan?

thanks.

John
Old 07-30-2017, 08:30 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I had the Endless Breeze, it was very noisy on any speed other than low, very big. I think with the MaxxFan overhead it would be redundant. There are a variety of USB fans though that are very quiet will work inside/outside the Escape. I had good results with this one in my 21 on the foot shelf by the bed- https://www.amazon.com/Anpress-Elect...words=12v+fans
Old 07-30-2017, 10:40 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
The quietest fan I've found is the usb powered 4 or 5 inch from walmart. About $10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxoco View Post
The quietest fan I've found is the usb powered 4 or 5 inch from walmart. About $10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cool.

I just ordered the 9" Opolar... I'll report back on Tuesday.... how the sound and the air flow differ between the $13 6" Opolar (1 speed) and the $23 2 speed 9" Opolar - when on low.

I own the 6" already, and it is pretty quiet.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:27 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
We use our Endless Breeze about 95% outside, plugged into a 12V outlet with a long extension cord so it'll set on or near the campsite table or sitting area running on low - nothing beats a light breeze to keep the mosquitoes away.....

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
We use our Endless Breeze about 95% outside, plugged into a 12V outlet with a long extension cord so it'll set on or near the campsite table or sitting area running on low - nothing beats a light breeze to keep the mosquitoes away.....
holy cow that is a brilliant idea.

thanks.

john
Old 07-30-2017, 12:59 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
holy cow that is a brilliant idea.

thanks.

john
Easy to add a 12V outlet next to the rear awning lower mount on the old 21 as the battery is right there. Dunno where the new battery is. The Endless Breeze feet fold flat against the fan and it fits underneath the benches sitting upright. I bungee it against the bench support to keep it in place.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:15 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Hi all

Thoughts?

thanks

John
Picked this up at HomeDepot for less than 10 bucks. 2 speed, can use with stand or clip. The dog loved it. Got another 1 for the wife.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:35 PM   #11

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
I know that Fantastic Vent Endless Breeze Fan is popular - but it is $65-ish and the Opolar F511 is less than 1/2 the price, even if you have to buy a cigarette to USB adapter.... am I missing something?
Perhaps only that 600 mA @ 5 V is 3 watts for the Opolar on high, while 1.2 A @ 12 V is 14.4 watts for the Endless Breeze on low. There might be some difference in efficiency, but the Endless Breeze will certainly move more air.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Perhaps only that 600 mA @ 5 V is 3 watts for the Opolar on high, while 1.2 A @ 12 V is 14.4 watts for the Endless Breeze on low. There might be some difference in efficiency, but the Endless Breeze will certainly move more air.
But at about 1/2 the price - I bet TWO Opolar 511 would be awesome.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:39 PM   #13

Update - the $23 Opolar usb powered Fan, on low, is insanely quiet, and yet moves a decent amount of air if it is next to me

I am really happy. It would run hours on a little portable USB battery pack.

It is as the review I read said it was - amazing.

On low it moves almost as much as the 6" one speed opolar 502 $13 but is WAY quieter.

The Opolar 511 is almost inaudible if next to me. .

Highly recommended.

John