Our solar panel blew off!! - Page 24 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2016, 10:35 AM   #461

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I kinda like our Escape. I even expressed that on Fiberglass yesterday. Got
some positive feedback from other Escape cheerleaders. My Daughter was a high school cheerleader, now she would like to get a fiberglass camper. She's a graduate of the Fisher School of Business at Ohio State. Some day I will have her explain to me all about business models. Nut don't roll too far from the tree they say.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:41 AM   #462

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Alf, it also seems like a solution for the self-medicated.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:50 AM   #463

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Alf, it also seems like a solution for the self-medicated.
Hi: MyronL... The interior's of both seem institutional to me... but then I'm only an Escape "Cheerleader". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #464

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
You stumpted me, Jubal. Where's Oliver getting this model? Camping World doesn't list it. They do have an "Elite" on sale for $2,799.97 but it don't seem to be an RM2454 and they don't give its dimentions. Dometic does mention an Americana single door RM2454, but it is a whopping 4.28 cu.ft.
Myron,
It's the same size as we have now for all real life purposes. Key factor if it can get thru the door, and is the freezer is removable. I know it works better than what we have now because I went thru an Oliver last summer, their fridge was running well at about 3 dots while mine was on 5 dots and just at 40 degrees.

Dave
dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:02 AM   #465

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I guess that I am also a cheerleader.

Reace was proactive in identifying a potential issue with the solar panel attachments and recommended a fix for all affected trailers even though problems had been encountered by only a small percentage. In my opinion, that is good proactive thinking on his part. I stopped in at ETI last August to have them do their recommended upgrade on improving the attachment of the solar panel to the roof of my 2013 19'. When they were done, their method of attachment was not visible from the inside of the trailer and from the inside I could not see any signs of holes, bolts, buttons, etc. Based on my experience, I don't think that anyone needs to worry about the impact of the ETI "fix" on the interior looks or usability of their trailer.

The Escape trailers are by no means perfect (nothing is), but Escapes are definitely well made, especially in comparison to other brands with similar features. It seems that a couple of the most negative posters on this forum have had issues with their Escapes that have been understandably troubling to them, but for the most part, those problems are not widespread and are certainly not indicative of the experience of most Escape owners. The refrigerator cooling issue that had caused grief for a number of Escape owners in the past couple of years is due to a faulty product supplied by Dometic, and has no relevance on the overall quality of the Escape build. Reace et al. at ETI have taken an active role in working to resolve the fridge issues, and many of those impacted by the faulty larger Dometic fridges did in fact have their fridges replaced through a deal struck between Reace and Dometic.

It is Reace's interest in making sure customers are happy with their trailers that is one of the greatest things about the overall Escape product.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:03 AM   #466

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
"As a prospective buyer researching the solar option, just got through reading this whole thread. It was disheartening to read about the issues the owners of these trailer's who purchased the solar panels option have had. "

You should consider an Oliver Trailer. Following the "helpful suggestions" of several members "to sell our trailer and cut our losses if we are dissatisfied", we have been pursuing that path. We spent 2 weeks using my brothers Oliver Legacy EliteII travel trailer to gain some perspective. We also took a tour of the factory.
With the exception of the increased weight and cost, the Oliver was superior to the Escape 19 in every way ! Yes, the refer does work at temps above 85 degrees F. and would fit through the ETI trailer entrance door.
By supplying the parts to repair the solar panels mounting and the frame, ETI shifts the responsibility (culpability) to the owner. After the problems with the solar panels, frame, and wiring we are seeking a better way to spend our free time.
While it could be construed as a "shift", I would also like to believe Escape was just trying to provide a fix as quickly as possible considering the product defect was maybe rolling around North America somewhere. I was just sharing my perspective as a prospective buyer which in hindsight may have been a mistake and sort of expected some of the responses.... just like kicking a fire ant bed or mentioning certain silicon vendors on engineering forums. Guessing you do not go to the Escape rallies based on the love the other Escapes heaped upon on you for your response in this thread. Visited another trailer mfg that was being considered and they even recommended the company you speak of for buyers that wish to delve into how a trailer is designed....just looking for something that is reasonably well built/designed and worth the expenditure in the price range one is willing to dump into a trailer...maybe now, maybe later...or maybe never.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #467

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I am a member of the Oliver Forum and have seen all their models over the past 5 years in Tennessee. They are heavy and expensive, at least $15k more than the Escape. That said they do have some nice features. I met Mr.Oliver and Robert Partee, the sales manager 3 years ago when they brought the Legacy II prototype to Townsend. It had storage drawers built into the aluminum frame, really nice. I suggested the vented heat to the bath room since my 19' Escape bath was not heated. They do build a nice product, but money and weight keeps me away.
On the forum they have issues with their windows leaking and electrical issues which are worked out since they are a growing company with growing pains.
PS,
The Oliver forum is no where as nice as this one nor are the members as friendly, very cold.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:20 AM   #468

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Is that "Ant Hill Country" Freespirit? Wow, you sure got some feisty responses here; not too surprising though

So here's an idea for the Rally, just remember who suggested it

I could see this actually being done and with the alcohol consumption professed by many there could even be a few attempted front flips (or faceplants)
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #469
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
PS,
The Oliver forum is no where as nice as this one nor are the members as friendly, very cold.
The Oliver Forum is owned by the manufacturer. Maybe that's the difference?
Attached Thumbnails
Oliver.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:37 AM   #470

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Nut don't roll too far from the tree they say.
Dave
You saying your daughter is nuts too?

Sounds kinda like my own daughter and me!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
PS,
That's because they don't have poutine.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-14-2016, 11:40 AM   #472

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Is that "Ant Hill Country" Freespirit? Wow, you sure got some feisty responses here; not too surprising though

So here's an idea for the Rally, just remember who suggested it

I could see this actually being done and with the alcohol consumption professed here there could even be a few attempted front flips (or faceplants)
decided better to change location and I don't think Labrador has fire ants ....just wanted to be on the safe side...could hear some friendly Escapes on this thread fixin to lock and load while uttering "lets get that varmit"!
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:44 AM   #473

I like the idea of cheerleader training. I needs to learn me some new moves.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #474

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Our solar panel blew off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

Obviously we need an amateur night at the next rally, probably after going to the Sage pub would be appropriate. [emoji23]

Cheers

Doug
Old 03-14-2016, 11:53 AM   #475

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Daughters

What you mean "too" Tonto. I guess sons have an automatic percieved responsibility to somehow emulate their father's positive traits but when you get two tent camping, beer drinking, independent daughters who both married great guys, you feel like you hit the lottery every day. The real positive is that all my kids and their spouses can either show me how to run modern electronics or help me move heavy stuff around. Some both
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:54 AM   #476

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:32 PM   #477

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
"As a prospective buyer researching the solar option, just got through reading this whole thread. It was disheartening to read about the issues the owners of these trailer's who purchased the solar panels option have had. "

You should consider an Oliver Trailer. Following the "helpful suggestions" of several members "to sell our trailer and cut our losses if we are dissatisfied", we have been pursuing that path. We spent 2 weeks using my brothers Oliver Legacy EliteII travel trailer to gain some perspective. We also took a tour of the factory.
With the exception of the increased weight and cost, the Oliver was superior to the Escape 19 in every way ! Yes, the refer does work at temps above 85 degrees F. and would fit through the ETI trailer entrance door.
By supplying the parts to repair the solar panels mounting and the frame, ETI shifts the responsibility (culpability) to the owner. After the problems with the solar panels, frame, and wiring we are seeking a better way to spend our free time.
Jubal was wondering what you were up to. Really like the Oliver's myself . Wish I could afford their trailers . I actually like their interiors too. There is so many items I love on their trailers . To long of a list to go into . Glad you are finding a trailer you can be happier with . Good luck to you and take care . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:15 PM   #478
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Glad you are finding a trailer you can be happier with . Good luck to you and take care . Pat
Pat for President. Your attitude is admirable.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:18 PM   #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Obviously we need an amateur night at the next rally, probably after going to the Sage pub would be appropriate. [emoji23]

Cheers

Doug
I'm in!
Old 03-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #480

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
I kinda steered an old boss into buying an Oliver in 2008, the year after we bought our Casita. They were immediately drawn to the fine features and the quality build. At the time, they paid double what we did for our Casita. Since they only live a quarter of a mile from us, I still see it every day on my way to work.

Over the years, they have taken it down to Oliver for various things, and each time they came back telling fantastic stories of exceptional customer service.

Oliver replaced their an axle for free because Oliver thought the axles they originally put on were too close to the max weight, and they also replaced defective stabilizing jacks with brand new ones. Free of charge. They also did some requested mods.

Still doesn't mean I like the Oliver any more than the Casita we owned or the Escape we are getting. But their customer service seems to right up there.

To me, that's the beauty of having Casita, Scamp and Escape out there. Allows people to find the perfect "Goldilocks" company...
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote