Outdoor shower - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2016, 10:26 AM   #21

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Have to ask.... does washing food off dirty dishes at an outside the trailer shower at a campsite someone else will be using make good camping sense?
We've had to move from an assigned campsite on a couple of occasions because of muddy puddles or debris left behind by a previous camper with an outside shower. I like the idea of being self contained. You take your waste (including your waste water) with you. Or, you dump it down a sewer pipe instead of all over the ground. If I'm boondocking, it's not as critical.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Old 08-17-2016, 10:32 AM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Having it on the driver side keeps it out of the way of the "living room" under the awning. Keeps from creating mud puddles where people need to walk ( I put an all-weather mat from the RAV on the ground to prevent mud splash ).
I presume if you are going to wash dishes outside ( frowned upon ) that you want a table for the basin. That will have to be moved within reach of the shower and moved somewhere else when you want to use that space.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exterior shower.jpg (241.5 KB, 31 views)

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:14 AM   #23

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
The one thing that I really like about having an outside shower is that you can use it for a quick splattered bug removal off the front of the trailer when you get set up at camp (even when boon-docking) Notice I said quick (a quick scrub and a quick rinse). Nice to have those nasty bugs off the front before they bake on.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:16 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA Classic (Old School)
We always try to do dishes outside, weather permitting. But, we use a plastic basin that we fill from the kitchen sink with a small Camco RV dish rack for drying. We dump the dish water in the black tank thus prolonging our boon docking. We do have the outside shower on the driverís side that we mostly use to rinse off the dog. Scott

Scott and Lori
I like bikes!
Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:22 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Guess I just don't get it. If you have the convenience of a sink inside why would you prefer to walk around the trailer and wash dishes at the outside shower then have to carry and walk back inside to dump the dirty water?
Old 08-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #26

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Guess I just don't get it. If you have the convenience of a sink inside why would you prefer to walk around the trailer and wash dishes at the outside shower then have to carry and walk back inside to dump the dirty water?
Well, the sink is pretty small. And the counter space is limited. Being able to wash dishes in a larger basin outside and have more room to maneuver might be beneficial. As long as the waste water isn't going all over the ground, I've no issue with it.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:46 AM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Think I get it... there would be more counter space for a bigger basin for them really big plates around at the shower?
Old 08-17-2016, 11:49 AM   #28

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA Classic (Old School)
Quote:
The wife likes to cook very elaborate meals, which means lots of pots, pans and dishes. Even though we have the counter extension there is not a whole lot of counter space, plus the sink is not huge. Just find it easier doing the dishes outdoors if the weather if fine and the bugs are leaving you alone.

This last weekend we were camping at Williwaw campground by Portage Glacier and the rain was blowing sideways for two days, so I did wash the dishes inside. Scott

Scott and Lori
I like bikes!
Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:53 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Donna and Greg and Teresa -- I'm assuming the splitter would only be useful when you have water hookups? I couldn't figure out how else you would use it. We do our dishwashing in rubber maid buckets outside -- and Terry filled the buckets up inside when we wanted warm water. I like being outside for chores like that. Then if there is no service sink I do dump the water in the bushes -- but I don't always feel good about that. What I could have done for dirty feet is just keep a bucket of water by the trailer door with a chair.

So if I took the Escape to Chilliwack, could they retrofit an outdoor shower?
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:59 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Well, the sink is pretty small. And the counter space is limited. Being able to wash dishes in a larger basin outside and have more room to maneuver might be beneficial. As long as the waste water isn't going all over the ground, I've no issue with it.

Exactly. I have three tubs each twice the size of the sink. One of the tubs is black (dirty dishes), one is White (Wash), and the third is Red (Rinse). I do not dump them on the ground when finished, they are dumped in an appropriate disposal location. My question would be why would anyone want to do dishes in a sink that you need a magnifying glass to locate!

"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote