Outdoor shower - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2016, 10:26 AM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Have to ask.... does washing food off dirty dishes at an outside the trailer shower at a campsite someone else will be using make good camping sense?
We've had to move from an assigned campsite on a couple of occasions because of muddy puddles or debris left behind by a previous camper with an outside shower. I like the idea of being self contained. You take your waste (including your waste water) with you. Or, you dump it down a sewer pipe instead of all over the ground. If I'm boondocking, it's not as critical.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2016, 10:32 AM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Having it on the driver side keeps it out of the way of the "living room" under the awning. Keeps from creating mud puddles where people need to walk ( I put an all-weather mat from the RAV on the ground to prevent mud splash ).
I presume if you are going to wash dishes outside ( frowned upon ) that you want a table for the basin. That will have to be moved within reach of the shower and moved somewhere else when you want to use that space.
Attached Thumbnails
exterior shower.jpg  
Old 08-17-2016, 11:14 AM   #23

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
The one thing that I really like about having an outside shower is that you can use it for a quick splattered bug removal off the front of the trailer when you get set up at camp (even when boon-docking) Notice I said quick (a quick scrub and a quick rinse). Nice to have those nasty bugs off the front before they bake on.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:16 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
We always try to do dishes outside, weather permitting. But, we use a plastic basin that we fill from the kitchen sink with a small Camco RV dish rack for drying. We dump the dish water in the black tank thus prolonging our boon docking. We do have the outside shower on the driver’s side that we mostly use to rinse off the dog. Scott

Scott and Lori
I like bikes!
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:22 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Guess I just don't get it. If you have the convenience of a sink inside why would you prefer to walk around the trailer and wash dishes at the outside shower then have to carry and walk back inside to dump the dirty water?
Old 08-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Guess I just don't get it. If you have the convenience of a sink inside why would you prefer to walk around the trailer and wash dishes at the outside shower then have to carry and walk back inside to dump the dirty water?
Well, the sink is pretty small. And the counter space is limited. Being able to wash dishes in a larger basin outside and have more room to maneuver might be beneficial. As long as the waste water isn't going all over the ground, I've no issue with it.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:46 AM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Think I get it... there would be more counter space for a bigger basin for them really big plates around at the shower?
Old 08-17-2016, 11:49 AM   #28

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Quote:
The wife likes to cook very elaborate meals, which means lots of pots, pans and dishes. Even though we have the counter extension there is not a whole lot of counter space, plus the sink is not huge. Just find it easier doing the dishes outdoors if the weather if fine and the bugs are leaving you alone.

This last weekend we were camping at Williwaw campground by Portage Glacier and the rain was blowing sideways for two days, so I did wash the dishes inside. Scott

Scott and Lori
I like bikes!
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:53 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Donna and Greg and Teresa -- I'm assuming the splitter would only be useful when you have water hookups? I couldn't figure out how else you would use it. We do our dishwashing in rubber maid buckets outside -- and Terry filled the buckets up inside when we wanted warm water. I like being outside for chores like that. Then if there is no service sink I do dump the water in the bushes -- but I don't always feel good about that. What I could have done for dirty feet is just keep a bucket of water by the trailer door with a chair.

So if I took the Escape to Chilliwack, could they retrofit an outdoor shower?
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:59 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Well, the sink is pretty small. And the counter space is limited. Being able to wash dishes in a larger basin outside and have more room to maneuver might be beneficial. As long as the waste water isn't going all over the ground, I've no issue with it.

Exactly. I have three tubs each twice the size of the sink. One of the tubs is black (dirty dishes), one is White (Wash), and the third is Red (Rinse). I do not dump them on the ground when finished, they are dumped in an appropriate disposal location. My question would be why would anyone want to do dishes in a sink that you need a magnifying glass to locate!
Old 08-17-2016, 02:10 PM   #31

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Ruthe, that would be correct. And that will be our way of camping most of the time, with water available at the site. I forget that others don't always camp like us sometimes...even though they should

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
Donna and Greg and Teresa -- I'm assuming the splitter would only be useful when you have water hookups? I couldn't figure out how else you would use it. We do our dishwashing in rubber maid buckets outside -- and Terry filled the buckets up inside when we wanted warm water. I like being outside for chores like that. Then if there is no service sink I do dump the water in the bushes -- but I don't always feel good about that. What I could have done for dirty feet is just keep a bucket of water by the trailer door with a chair.

GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:32 PM   #32

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:

Ruth, If you have Escape install the Shower and choose to have it installed on the passenger side make sure to have them install it behind the stove if possible. Mine was installed where the dishes are stored under the sink and it takes up some of that space. It would take up no space if it were below the stove.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #33

This was washday in the Tetons. We were super meticulous because of the bears. All our wash and rinse water was put down the service sink, which thankfully was located pretty close to our campsite. We had a fire going pretty constantly when we were in camp, so scraps of food got burnt.
Attached Thumbnails
Blog-Washday.jpg  
Old 08-17-2016, 04:26 PM   #34

Quote:
Ruthe, if you were going to The Chilliwack area for some other reason, they could install the outside shower. I wouldn't, however, drive all the way from NJ to BC to have an outside shower installed. Any reputable RV dealer's service people could easily install one. It involves cutting a hol in the wall and installing the unit and putting Ts in a hot and cold water line (should be in somewhat close proximity to the kirchen sink lines). Tell them to use Pex for the plumbing (almost all RV manufacturers including ETI use Pex) and tell them to seal around the shower houding with Proflex, NOT silicon.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:37 PM   #35

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Ruthe, if you were going to The Chilliwack area for some other reason, they could install the outside shower. I wouldn't, however, drive all the way from NJ to BC to have an outside shower installed. Any reputable RV dealer's service people could easily install one. It involves cutting a hol in the wall and installing the unit and putting Ts in a hot and cold water line (should be in somewhat close proximity to the kirchen sink lines). Tell them to use Pex for the plumbing (almost all RV manufacturers including ETI use Pex) and tell them to seal around the shower houding with Proflex, NOT silicon.
They're already in the Tetons and BC is a great place to go with a trailer, so....call ETI?
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
They're already in the Tetons and BC is a great place to go with a trailer, so....call ETI?
That being the case and if time is not an issue, I would agree. I would also have a toilet shut iff valve installed at the same time if it wasn't done during the build.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:20 PM   #37

We're actually not in the Tetons now -- but next summer we'll be back out west -- so maybe we'd do it then. I'm nervous about letting anyone cut anything. So far we've had so little trouble with the trailer -- I don't want to invite problems.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:12 PM   #38

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
which side did you guys put outside shower ? We put on Drivers side to help clean out sewer hoses ?
I could see it's use on other side also cleaning feet or washing dishes or Dog ?
What 's the preference for Escapees ?
Ours is on the driver's side in the standard place. We can fill buckets for cleaning. We would never use it for the sewer hose. Most dump sites have such hoses. The shower hose has lots of possible uses as people have mentioned.

If someone intends to have an RV place add one, might just check with Escape that nothing needs to be reinforced and ask exactly where one needs to be installed.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:18 AM   #39

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I intend to use mine on curb side as a dishwashing/feet clean area. The sewer hose gets cleaned at the dump. With the new style there is no gaping hole in your shell to allow cold air. It is a sealed unit and covered on the inside.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:01 AM   #40

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I intend to use mine on curb side as a dishwashing/feet clean area. The sewer hose gets cleaned at the dump. With the new style there is no gaping hole in your shell to allow cold air. It is a sealed unit and covered on the inside.
Jim what gaping hole ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote