Probably a redundant ? about toilet leak - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2016, 12:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 17B
Probably a redundant ? about toilet leak

Hi all, I can't find the answer so I'll ask what's probably a redundant question. About a leak in the Aqua Magic V. We just had the water valve replaced and now the leak is happening again. Here's what happens: when the pump is on, there is a slow leak in the supply pipe directly in back of the toilet. It does not make it worse to flush. And the bowl does hold water. Short term solution is to turn off the pump and not use ANY water inside. Not a good solution! Since we replaced the valve last week, what is going on now?? Any theories welcome! Thanks!
E-pad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Where the supply line connects to the toilet, the connection is supposed to be finger tight. If that is where it is leaking, first make sure it is actually finger tight and then CAREFULLY tighten it slightly more with pliers. CAREFULY, not too much.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:36 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Where the supply line connects to the toilet, the connection is supposed to be finger tight. If that is where it is leaking, first make sure it is actually finger tight and then CAREFULLY tighten it slightly more with pliers. CAREFULY, not too much.
I had the same problem, but had to remove the toilet to get the connection tight enough. Hopefully that WAS the problem, but the jury is still out.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 17B
Thanks Carl and Santa. Since we couldn't seem to tighten it ourselves (or take the toilet out), we took it back to the shop. The fella had to remove the toilet again and found nothing wrong. Tightened everything up and put it back in place. He said they sometimes just get off kilter. We suspect that's what was wrong in the beginning. The problem started about 6 wks ago immediately after driving down I-95. There is a section south of I-26 in SC that will just beat you to death. Everything works fine right now and we were not charged for the 2nd visit to the shop. Thanks for your input!
E-pad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:20 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Pinhole leak on supply line

Just a heads up if anyone has the "rigid" plated metal toilet supply line. Was working on the trailer today to add the pump silencing kit and when I tested the system under pressure I was lucky to hear a slight hissing sound near the front of the trailer. I investigated and found a pinhole leak in the toilet supply line just past where it comes through the bathroom wall into the front dinnette storage area. This was problematic and a lucky catch as it was spraying water and there is the converter and a lot of wiring under there. It was nice that there was a toilet shutoff valve there to isolate the leak. I'm not sure if it was a defective hose or the stress from where it came through the wall, but we pulled the toilet and put on a new 16" flexible stainless braid hose. The Thetford toilet has a 1/2" FIP connection so the hose is actually what is considered for a faucet connection. Pulling the toilet out was actually very easy.

Shop Watts 3/8-in Compression 16-in Stainless Steel Faucet Supply Line at Lowes.com
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote