Propane sensor alarm malfunction - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane

Old 08-01-2016, 02:54 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: C&G in FL... Just a quick question. "After screwing around with it for 15 minutes in the middle of the night, it is difficult to fall asleep again". Does that activity set off your motion detector too? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Actually, it sets off the adrenaline which in turn kicks my brain into high gear. Motion detector can be set off by a lot of rocking in the trailer but moving the trailer always sets it off. But that is not a big concern as it sends a text message to my cell phone informing me motion has been detected and the exact location. Once moving, the texts come periodically but I can go online snd see the trailers exact location overlaid on Google Maps. My phone beeps, I see that the trailer is moving and I'm not moving it, I call the police and they have the trailer thief in short order. By the way, this is off topic!

"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Actually, it sets off the adrenaline which in turn kicks my brain into high gear. Motion detector can be set off by a lot of rocking in the trailer but moving the trailer always sets it off. But that is not a big concern as it sends a text message to my cell phone informing me motion has been detected and the exact location. Once moving, the texts come periodically but I can go online snd see the trailers exact location overlaid on Google Maps. My phone beeps, I see that the trailer is moving and I'm not moving it, I call the police and they have the trailer thief in short order. By the way, this is off topic!
Hi: C&G in FL... Sorry... I get that way a lot!!! Could have used a propane detector while at Boot Hill Country Jamboree Boot Hill Camping & Country Music Festival Jamboree this past weekend. Couldn't figure what was wrong with our fridge. Worked fine... then the temp started to rise. Running on propane... nice blue flame... enough propane to light the stove, but not enough to light the Barbie!!! Red flags on the regulator. Had to manually change it over, then back into green. Slowly the fridge came back down into range. Hmmm. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:53 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2016 Ram Eco-diesel 4WD Crew
I just thought I'd report that I am now a convert to the "battery gassing" theory. Our trailer is stored indoors, connected to 120V and thus keeps the 6v batteries charged. We close it up with all windows and top vent closed while running a mini-dehumidifier.
Propane tanks have been off for weeks.
Recently went to check on something, and the propane alarm was blaring. Bearing in mind that this is our third alarm, and that it is 3 inches from the battery box, I have left the top vent open and the kitchen window, to get a little air, and no sounds since.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:14 PM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I just had my propane alarm go off for no apparent reason. I'm at an RV park with electric service, and it's a sunny day with sun on my panels. The batteries are fully charged. I shut off the propane at the tanks, opened the windows, and put the ceiling fan on "high". Still, the alarm went off one or two more times before it quieted down.

I was bewildered until I read this thread. Now I have some ideas of what is going on, and I'll deal with it after I drive home tomorrow. The Escape Forum comes through again.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:24 PM   #45

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner
Unfortunately, the first guess that I would have to make is that something is wrong with the propane lines necessitating checking with soapy water or having an RV place check the column reading to see that it is in the right place.

It certainly does sound as if the batteries are a problem this way but the propane may be.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:02 PM   #46

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
I copied someone else here and cut one of the leads and put in a connector so I can just kill it when I wish. What good is a safety device that no one trusts?
Old 10-16-2016, 06:16 PM   #47

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
What good is a safety device that no one trusts?
Or, what good is an instruction manual that nobody reads? Says to regularly vacuum the face and to wipe it with a damp cloth. It wasn't until I got a "false" alarm that I read the instructions.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:27 PM   #48

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Good idea, I'll have to talk to she who vacuums the trailer about this.