Refrigerator Drain P-Trap - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2019, 08:13 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Thanks guys.
I see another fridge mod blowing in.
Have you had any issues arise that would warrant it? We certainly haven't. The new fridge works like a charm in all climates so far. You know, the old "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
That is why I asked.
I have had some weird temperature variations on occasion.
However a couple of fans and a switch is under $10 Can...so I might be a big spender on spec.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:25 AM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I have the blue box one and war eagle's experience is the same as mine, but that batteries aren't too bad. I think I replaced once in 4 months of continuous use. It really made a difference in the humid east and southeast. It's temperamental. I'm gonna try the other one in the picture. thanks.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:45 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 -21-picked up in May 2019 / 2018 F 150 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
The fan wires were inserted into the terminal block in addition to the other leads already there. I’d prefer replacing the terminal block with one that has more ports, or whatever the correct term is. The existing one has two each of positive and neutral, and there are a few more wires than that shoved in there, even before adding the fan. Each wire does pass the tug-to-pull-out test though.
Thanks for that. I might try the fridge out first but that looks like an easy mod if needed.
yangstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:13 AM   #25

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by yangstyle View Post
Thanks for that. I might try the fridge out first but that looks like an easy mod if needed.

One of the shortcomings of our fridges is that they tend to cool unevenly throughout the compartment, particularly if your fridge is on the full vs empty side. Addressing that is the primary benefit of an internal fan, as opposed to most other fridge mods, which instead aim to increase the cooling capacity or the efficiency of the fridge. Even the lame-o blue battery box fan will help keep your lettuce from freezing by the cooler fins at the same time that your milk isn’t cold enough by the door.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:56 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
One of the shortcomings of our fridges is that they tend to cool unevenly throughout the compartment, particularly if your fridge is on the full vs empty side. Addressing that is the primary benefit of an internal fan, as opposed to most other fridge mods, which instead aim to increase the cooling capacity or the efficiency of the fridge. Even the lame-o blue battery box fan will help keep your lettuce from freezing by the cooler fins at the same time that your milk isn’t cold enough by the door.
Yes, most residential units have the internal fan already because that is what makes it "frost free". I remember defrosting many a refer/freezer unit by my parents.... and the fan makes it more efficient.