Refrigerator question - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #11

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
On my 2009 17B, the higher the number the colder it gets. Tammy told me I could put it up to 5 to cool it down quickly, for a bit, but to go back to 3 under temperate conditions. That has worked for me with the 3 cu ft. one. I'm one of the "fridge off" drivers, and after the initial start-up, I can travel with the door closed and it stays cold for quite awhile, unless it is super-hot outside.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Just received a reply from Dometic customer relations.

and I quote...... "...by going by the model and serial number your refrigerator does not have ventilator fans if you can provide us with your mfg. or product number which should start with a 921XXXXXX or 958XXXXXX then we could breakdown your unit further to see if the fans were installed during production or not, generally if they were installed your refrigerator would say for example RML8551R2F. Please advise "
Thanks,
Anthony Rodriguez
Customer Support Center
800 544 4881
edometic.com
Dometic Corp

So it is looking like my Dometic refrigerator does not come with circulating fans in back. The data sheet (found pasted inside bottom rear, behind pull-out tray) clearly states RM 8551. Guess Escape's including that erroneous addendum was due to clerical error. Anyway, I just emailed Mr. Rodriquez with my Prod no info and my thanks, and asked him where I could find the bolts securing the unit to the trailer cabinet.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
I wonder if dometic offers a fan kit for the 8551.

Dave
dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
For those wishing to install a refer exhaust fan and have the roof exhaust, I recommend this Amazon.com: Camco 42165 Refrigerator Solar Roof Vent System: Automotive
Old 02-27-2014, 04:08 PM   #15

My plan was to install this here quiet computer fan in back but, if dometic has a fan kit I will have to consider that. It probably makes tying into the fridge thermostat easier.

Just read some review comments on that Camco solar 42165. Don't look to me like an option because, a.) I got a huge vent housing already up on the roof, b.) Evidently there are serious issues with product reliability. c.) I hesitate to remove the fridge even one time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fan.jpg (174.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #16
Site Team

Exactly, it is far easier to remove a vent cover than the whole refer.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:55 PM   #17

Well now I just got the following email from Dometic:

"Myron, your product number you provided does have fans installed in back of the refrigerator I show your model being RML8551L2F if you have poor circulation that is probably due to ventilation or the installation. Unfortunately we do not install our refrigerators sometimes the ventilation is overlooked I suggest maybe getting a hold of a service center and have them inspect. If you need assistance locating a dealer you can always
go to our www.edometic.com website select dealer service locator which will bring up a search engine so you can locate a dealer in your area. Below is your parts list of your RML8551L2F."

How about them apples! Mr. R also emailed an 11 page .pdf spare parts manual to me and here is a detail from page 8, clearly illustrating two fans are there.

I must not forget this information was contingent upon knowing the "Product Info number" on the fridge data label and not merely the model number or serial number.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fanscan01.jpg (62.9 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #18
Site Team

Myron, can you forward these pdf. manual files to the forum so we can all have access? Thanks
Old 02-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #19

Let's see if this works:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DometRML8551l2f parts Man..pdf (365.3 KB, 44 views)
Old 02-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #20

Trailer: 2014 19. Birthing date June 23
Texas fan

I ordered the "texas fridge fan" as a option. Is that not the solution? Is anyone using that product installed by Escape?

PAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote