Refrigerator question - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Well... I guess the question that needs answering is a two-parter: 1. will your fridge come with fans or not and, 2. how many fans do you need?

Guessing part one is learned through the Product info number.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape 15 2013
Core failure on dometic refrig

E have a new escape 15 purchased last April and after 10 months the cooling core has failed despite always being leveled. When I tried to register on Dometics site it was flagged out because the refrig Reece installed was produced in 2009. I discussed this with Reece and for the first time I was not entirely pleased with their help. He reassured me that Dometic would honor the warranty from the date of purchase, but I'm still uneasy with buying a new trailer with a 3-4 year old refrig that has already failed. Dometic has been a little more difficult because of the production date of the refrig. And require much more documentation when we stop in Yuma on our way home to have the core replaced. We have been in baja for the past 5 months and of course we didn't have all our paperwork with us but Tammy was able to email me our bill of sale and all should work out in the end. My advice from all of this is to check the year of production ( the first or first and second number on the serial number) and carry a copy of your bill of sale with you if you have a refrig more than three years old from date of purchase to the purchase date of your new trailer.

Bill
Hogawill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #23

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Well... I guess the question that needs answering is a two-parter: 1. will your fridge come with fans or not and, 2. how many fans do you need?

Guessing part one is learned through the Product info number.
Might add a 3rd, what direction are all these fans blowing?
Old 03-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Looking at the Dometic warranty (http://67.238.126.140/pdf/referwarranty.pdf) and from our own experience, Dometic warranties are pretty specific. While you are covered from the date of purchase, you are required to have documented, annual service performed by an authorized Dometic representative.
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Interesting, my warranty is only 2 years and I purchased a 3 year extension. Nowhere does it specify nor require a yearly inspection at the owner's cost. It is dated 2008 and it replaces 3108636.30, so there maybe revisions. This number supersedes 3108443.031/ year 2002 mentioned in the above attachment.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 19. Birthing date June 23
I guess before my build is complete i should make sure my Dometic fridge was not manufactured 4 years earlier or my AC
PAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #27

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAB4 View Post
I guess before my build is complete i should make sure my Dometic fridge was not manufactured 4 years earlier or my AC
Or, you could just confirm that the warranty is from date of purchase, not date of manufacture.
If the fridge was a banana, I'd be more worried about when it was made.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #28

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Interesting, my warranty is only 2 years and I purchased a 3 year extension. Nowhere does it specify nor require a yearly inspection at the owner's cost. It is dated 2008 and it replaces 3108636.30, so there maybe revisions. This number supersedes 3108443.031/ year 2002 mentioned in the above attachment.
Another post refers to the same subject ... but it too was written in 2001: Dometic Refrigerator Service Tips. I do know that our 2007 Dometic went out of warranty almost immediately because it's maintained by the marina staff, who aren't authorized reps.
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape 15 2013
True a banana four years old would be more worrisome, however everything has a shelf life as well as a functioning life and we should strive to keep stuff moving along as best we can. My only point with this thread is that Dometic thinks that greater than three years from production to installation is unusural enought to keep the owner from registering the warranty on line, and while the 2 year warranty starts at the purchase date they are a bit more suspicious that you might be trying to slip something past them and you need to be prepared for a bit of paperwork.

Bill
Hogawill is offline   Reply With Quote