RML8555 Replacement by Dometic - Page 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2015, 06:59 PM   #201

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailseeker View Post
We tried it both standalone and vehicle connected and running. Tried button combinations and holding battery selector button for 3 seconds, etc. I checked the tow plug and it has the correct pin with 12v aux/charging voltage.
I wish I could be of further help, unfortunately have a 4.3 fridge. The junction block or buss on the 4.3 has wires on both sides of each terminal connection and I think that yours should also. Request a 6.7 owner to check the B+ connection their buss/junction block

Old 07-30-2015, 07:23 PM   #202

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
I don't seem to get the AC working unless I turn off the propane at the tanks first- same thing for the old fridge too. The alarm sounds and the caution icon is blinking. Turn it off & it works. Might try that for the DC.

Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:33 PM   #203

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Hey guys,

Am I missing something on the fan settings. We had our frig put in by ETI last week. The temperatures in Portland the last few days have been a rare 100 to 101 degrees. The frig has maintained between 38 and 40 on AC set at 4 bars. Should we worry about the fans?

Thanks,
Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:43 PM   #204
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Not sure, do you know what your thermostat reading is and can you hear any fans running in the rear refer compartment? Are you empty? I can maintain 38 on 4 bars but I would like to see the fans come on and maybe make that 3 bars instead. There are 2 fans on the rear.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:45 PM   #205
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
Hey guys,

Am I missing something on the fan settings. We had our frig put in by ETI last week. The temperatures in Portland the last few days have been a rare 100 to 101 degrees. The frig has maintained between 38 and 40 on AC set at 4 bars. Should we worry about the fans?

Thanks,
Kathie
Kathie, mine went in yesterday. Hillsboro was 104 today, trailer in full sun closed up and at least that hot inside. Dunno about any fans as I didn't hear any, but it's running 19/37F at 4 PM on AC, switched over to LP and will see where it's at in the morning before I bring it home from the shop.

Personally I would rather not need any fans; one less mechanical device to make noise and depend on.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:14 PM   #206
Site Team

Charlie, what setting are you using #5 on thermostat?
Old 07-31-2015, 10:01 PM   #207
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Charlie, what setting are you using #5 on thermostat?
Yup, running 5 on the prove-out tests before I accept their work; it's still at the shop.

I won't accept it until it's run 24 hours on AC (good so far) and 24 hours on LP. Also confirming all the controls work - it did switch over to LP by itself when I pulled the AC cord.

I wanted it tested when the cabin was unbearably hot as the door is the greatest heat loser; temp sensors were up against both doors.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 08-01-2015, 10:45 AM   #208

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
We are happy with the frig so far. The only glitch we had was on the way home from Chiliwack. We had the frig on AC all night, ran it on LP on the way home. Checked the sensor, all good. After lunch, almost home, when I checked the temperature reading had jumped up and by the time we were home it was 53! We unhitched and got out the manual. Under trouble shooting there was a suggestion that if there is an air bubble in the line you might have to restart it 3 or 4 times. Reace had done a complete check of all our gas lines so that may have been it. After one restart it's been fine. Actually we have been pretty impressed at the temps it is maintaining in this heat (don't hear any fans running). Jim, We do have a few things in it for test purposes only (beer)
Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:59 PM   #209
Commercial Member

Report on Camping World service center at Hillsboro, Oregon - about 30 miles west of Portland. Did a nice job on the changeout, 24 hr proveout on electric and 24 hr on propane. They were concerned they could not force the fans to blow without using a heatgun on the switch/sensor. When I explained the issue with the 150F switch installed, they were relieved not to have to pull the fridge out again. Temps were good with the switch jumpered on a 104F day with the trailer closed up (probably as hot inside.) So they installed a manual fan switch at no charge for now - until I can get the proper range sensor installed. Great folks, I've used them before. Total charge for all the work, including modifying the baffle for the larger cooling unit, was $129.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 08-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #210
Site Team

Wow, great deal, mine was almost double that w/o the switch. But I had them add insulation around the sides and top ( I assume they did this, I'll never know) but my baffle had to be modified also.