RML8555 Replacement by Dometic - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-25-2015, 06:59 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Los Osos, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Posts: 2,422
Thanks; Doug (Jamman) incurred 3 hours; my tech is working through some hiccup in communication he received from Dometic. Will post how it all works out. $118/hr out here, so figure about $250. Main thing is they do it right!!
__________________

Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Main thing is they do it right!!

Exactly. I'd gladly pay more for a job well done.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:07 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
paulw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Marysville, Washington
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
Posts: 607
Reace & crew replaced mine yesterday...
They did the removal & new install, fixed a waterline leak, replaced a stabilizer I lost on the highway somewhere, checked the solar panel and replaced the sail switch in the furnace - I was there for about 4 hours.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:32 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Reace & crew replaced mine yesterday...
They did the removal & new install, fixed a waterline leak, replaced a stabilizer I lost on the highway somewhere, checked the solar panel and replaced the sail switch in the furnace - I was there for about 4 hours.
Man, I envy those of you who live close to the factory. Never know what you're gonna get taking it to a local shop here.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:41 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Reace & crew replaced mine yesterday...
They did the removal & new install, fixed a waterline leak, replaced a stabilizer I lost on the highway somewhere, checked the solar panel and replaced the sail switch in the furnace - I was there for about 4 hours.
Was any of that under warranty or did you have to pay for it all? Do you think you left the stabilizer down? I take it that your furnace had stopped working.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:30 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
Mike Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Santa Rosa County, Florida
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
He did NOT reuse the Texas fan, the new fridge has one installed from the factory. Also said the Texas fan option had the temp sensor in the wrong place, probably would never have gone on.
I'm glad this question was asked and answered, as I'm going to take my trailer to ETI on Monday to have the fridge replaced (I'm still in the area) and had wondered about the fan.

If I have problems crossing the border again I'll be sure to let everyone know. I made an afternoon appointment just in case.
__________________
Mike Lewis
She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie-- Propane.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:35 AM   #77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Los Osos, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Posts: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I'm glad this question was asked and answered, as I'm going to take my trailer to ETI on Monday to have the fridge replaced (I'm still in the area) and had wondered about the fan.

If I have problems crossing the border again I'll be sure to let everyone know.
Wha? Is there something we don't know?? Dude, you are a nomad, that's for sure.....kinda like Jim; it's a long way from FLA!
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:38 AM   #78
Senior Member
 
paulw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Marysville, Washington
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Was any of that under warranty or did you have to pay for it all? Do you think you left the stabilizer down? I take it that your furnace had stopped working.
I paid the $125 ETI quoted for the fridge swap as well as the cost of the replacement stabilizer.
I expected to pay for the sail switch, but Reace did it for free... Yes, it wouldn't fire up.

I must have lost the stabilizer when I hit a chunk of metal on the freeway a few weeks back. We were in traffic and no way to avoid it. I didn't notice it was missing until I went to lower it last weekend. Reace checked for other damage and said the spray foam likely saved the shower drain pipe and gray tank from damage as it was chewed up in that area.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:46 AM   #79
Senior Member
 
paulw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Marysville, Washington
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Man, I envy those of you who live close to the factory. Never know what you're gonna get taking it to a local shop here.
Ya - I feel pretty lucky too... unfortunately Reace and his guys have become adept at swapping fridges . Too bad this happened.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:51 AM   #80
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
I paid the $125 ETI quoted for the fridge swap as well as the cost of the replacement stabilizer.
I expected to pay for the sail switch, but Reace did it for free... Yes, it wouldn't fire up.

I must have lost the stabilizer when I hit a chunk of metal on the freeway a few weeks back. We were in traffic and no way to avoid it. I didn't notice it was missing until I went to lower it last weekend. Reace checked for other damage and said the spray foam likely saved the shower drain pipe and gray tank from damage as it was chewed up in that area.
Never thought about the spray foam being able to protect something like that. I guess it must have a little toughness to it.
__________________

__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.