RV Water Hose - 1/2 or 5/8 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
I'm a hoser Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
I personally do not like the blue 5/8-inch Camcorder hose. I had one and found it too stiff and therefore to difficult to roll up, especially in lower temperatures. I also would agree with the previous posts that state that the small diameter of the pex plumbing does not require a diameter greater than 1/2-inch for adequate flow and pressure internally. And as far as placement of a filter is concerned, while I generally connect the regulator to the source followed by a filter, I do not see filter location as an issue because I always flush my hose/hoses before rolling and storing.
All that being said, I have two 25-foot hoses; both are 1/2-inch. One is a drinking water safe coil hose that I got at Camping World. That is my hose of choice unless the source is more than 15 or 20 feet away from the trailer. In that case, I have to use it in tandem with my other hose. The other is a "conventional" vinyl hose which is round when full but somewhat flattens out when drained. It is easy to cool through a wide range of temperatures. Unfortunately, I have had it for years, do not know who made it, and haven't seen one in an RV accessories store in recent memory.
Hi: C&G in FL... Doesn't matter what kind of water hose, power cable, rope or twine I get my hands on it snarls!!! Trying to put them away is a losing battle for me. They always want to wind in the opposite direction than I want them to go. I GIVE UP!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:36 AM   #22

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Regarding the Zero-G hose, from the documentation on Lowe's website, it states:

"Drinking Water Safe - Manufactured with FDA sanctioned materials"

Of course, who knows if that is completely accurate or not. But I'm still alive![emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Alf
I'm a tanglied up winder too. When I was with the parks in Council Bluffs years ago my Horticulturist insisted on perfect coiling. Each hose coiled with the
same number of coils, ends screwed together and three cords tied with a Bow knot equidistant on each hose each time a hose was used. I think he might have been slightly OCD. I got to thinking about hoses after my last post and found that AZJack had sent along just what I needed with the new to us 21. So I'm set.
Water hoses, electrical cords
I even mix up my leveling boards
Put it all away, make sure it ain't damp
It's what you do when you retire and camp
Tenny's Son
Dave
Old 08-24-2017, 11:47 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
As many others have said, use two 25 ft. hoses. Fifty feet is to big of a pain to coil up as one. The ones I have are white ones for potable water from Camping world. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:12 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
We recently purchased a Zero-G Marine\RV hose but returned it because of the following verbiage on the container. All hoses may come with that warning but seeing it was enough to convince my wife to take it back and use a different hose for now.

Warning: do not leave hose under pressure while unattended

Mark
Drumstick63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstick63 View Post
We recently purchased a Zero-G Marine\RV hose but returned it because of the following verbiage on the container. All hoses may come with that warning but seeing it was enough to convince my wife to take it back and use a different hose for now.

Warning: do not leave hose under pressure while unattended

Mark
Hi: Drumstick63... Under threat of being returned... My wife won't leave me... under pressure while unattended either!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic #7
My Setup:
Drinking Water Supply:
Purchased 1 25" 1/2 Hose and cut it into 10' and 15' lengths ... keeps all that extra hose out of the way .. We've never had to park more then 25' from water supply.

Utility:
got one of the "As Seen on TV" shrink to nothing hose so it is easy to store. works great to rinse off trailer and solar panel
7th Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote