Screens - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-17-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 5,249
Screens

A couple things in this topic. Just got an email that Seiki is back to selling parts for the screen doors for the old body style retracting Vist Plus door. Application Control Violation
No idea how to change the name of the link, but it still works.

Was talking to someone at the Spring Fling rally, he mentioned he had had all the screens replaced with a smaller mesh at the hardware store. He can now leave the fan running at night without sucking in the no see-ums. Not a bad idea.
__________________

__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:22 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 5,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
A couple things in this topic. Just got an email that Seiki is back to selling parts for the screen doors for the old body style retracting Vist Plus door. Application Control Violation
No idea how to change the name of the link, but it still works.

Was talking to someone at the Spring Fling rally, he mentioned he had had all the screens replaced with a smaller mesh at the hardware store. He can now leave the fan running at night without sucking in the no see-ums. Not a bad idea.
It never occurred to me that the screens needed changing. Think we need to do that but doubt we will get to it soon.
__________________

__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #3
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
It never occurred to me that the screens needed changing. Think we need to do that but doubt we will get to it soon.
I think it depends on where you camp. We've never been anywhere where the bugs were getting into the trailer through the screen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:50 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 5,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I think it depends on where you camp. We've never been anywhere where the bugs were getting into the trailer through the screen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
We have and I was miffed as to how they were getting in, as I checked the screens and they were closed well. Glad you mentioned this, padlin.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:55 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
We have and I was miffed as to how they were getting in, as I checked the screens and they were closed well. Glad you mentioned this, padlin.
Hey Cathy what does this mean exactly ? Sometimes I can be a little dense . PT
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:01 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 5,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hey Cathy what does this mean exactly ? Sometimes I can be a little dense . PT
The screens do not have a fine enough mesh to keep everything out, in some areas.

Some finer mesh screens might be just taped into place temporarily for the windows we might keep open and that would be much less trouble than replacing the present screens. If it happens again.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:26 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Chapitre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Trailer: 2014 5TA/ *012 17B (previous)
Posts: 442
We replaced all the screens with tighter mesh in our windows. The no seeums were getting in while in Florida last year. We were lucky we had a friend who owns a window company and did them for us, I'm sure most window places could do it.
__________________
Min D
Chapi II
--------------------
'Have No Regrets'
Chapitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:41 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
The screens do not have a fine enough mesh to keep everything out, in some areas.

Some finer mesh screens might be just taped into place temporarily for the windows we might keep open and that would be much less trouble than replacing the present screens. If it happens again.
So if I have it right all our screens ? Haven't had a issue yet . Small knots next to a lake last summer but they only came in from the door . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:05 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 5,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
So if I have it right all our screens ? Haven't had a issue yet . Small knots next to a lake last summer but they only came in from the door . Pat
Yes, if you want them all open. Depends upon how hot it is. We often have only the two small windows open at night but in bad heat, we could want most open. You would have to be in certain places with this problem and I do not know where we had it. Florida for Chapi II.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:08 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Yes, if you want them all open. Depends upon how hot it is. We often have only the two small windows open at night but in bad heat, we could want most open. You would have to be in certain places with this problem and I do not know where we had it.
Don't you just love spell correct ? Knot's instead of nat's ? Not going to worry about it then . Like you just a few windows open . Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.