Sewer drain issue - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 19'
Sewer drain issue

During last week's trip boinked the sewer hose holder & fractured both ends. Anyone know dimensions of replacement holder? (so I can tell RV place?).

Additional Sewer related question....since purchase when opening cap to dump, there is always a bit of (hopefully) gray water that gushes out. Well last time I emptied tanks, there was about a quart or more of not just "gray" water. I will contact Escape but want to be able to describe that the gate valve is not working properly. Is this the correct terminology?
Thank you once more!
Julie
Old 05-16-2018, 12:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
a little water comes out of mine too when i first open it
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Additional Sewer related question....since purchase when opening cap to dump, there is always a bit of (hopefully) gray water that gushes out. Well last time I emptied tanks, there was about a quart or more of not just "gray" water. I will contact Escape but want to be able to describe that the gate valve is not working properly. Is this the correct terminology?
Yes, gate valve or waste valve is the correct terminology. Until you get the situation corrected I wonder if there is room with your arrangement to twist on one of these to the main outlet? Just call it your master valve.
www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Valterra/T58.html?feed=npn&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-6X-vJ-42AIVB0sNCh3hZgNcEAQYASABEgKaifD_BwE

This thread might help too:
www.escapeforum.org/forums/f38/slide-valve-leak-on-a-2017-a-11985.html
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
It's not unheard of for little campground mischief-makers to go around looking for campers with their sewer cap still in place, then pull open the valves, let the lower drain section fill, then close the valves. To the owner, all looks well, until they take the cap off and out gushes the contents of the lower section. Or it could just be that something is clogging one or the other or both valve paths and not letting it/them close. You could try including a clear section of drain tube in order to observe ($6.00 at WalMart; https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-RV-...&wl13=&veh=sem), then fill, drain, fill, each tank with fresh water and see if any leaks past either valve.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:39 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
We have a clear valterra cap on the outlet coupler. It also has the garden hose thread on it. In some campgrounds there are grey water dumps where you can “decant” grey water into buckets and give your grey tank some freeboard. We have done this on a few occasions and have decanted grey and dumped grey into the toilet (Black tank) to give ourselves an additional shower day or two. The clear plastic endcap eliminates the calm comment “ well this is certainly a revolting development” if there’s backfill behind it. And it fools your camping neighbors into thinking they are camped next to an unexcitable, gentleman camper who does not know how to swear. Until he walks around the back of his Highlander and bangs his shin. #£+~~¥@?/!!!
Iowa Dave
Old 05-16-2018, 04:46 PM   #6

I had not been aware of these until Iowa Dave mentioned it. I think I might just order one.
https://www.campingworld.com/clearvi...CABEgJpJPD_BwE
Could certainly help eliminate unwelcome surprises.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Yes, gate valve or waste valve is the correct terminology. Until you get the situation corrected I wonder if there is room with your arrangement to twist on one of these to the main outlet? Just call it your master valve.
www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Valterra/T58.html?feed=npn&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-6X-vJ-42AIVB0sNCh3hZgNcEAQYASABEgKaifD_BwE

This thread might help too:
www.escapeforum.org/forums/f38/slide-valve-leak-on-a-2017-a-11985.html
Thank you rubicon. So if I understand, this connects permanently to the outflow & acts as an additional end point gate valve?
Old 05-16-2018, 06:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Thank you rubicon. So if I understand, this connects permanently to the outflow & acts as an additional end point gate valve?
I don't believe it is "permanent". You just twist this onto your camper's exit port (where the cap normally twists on), then twist your hose onto this. In this location, it would block both the gray and black water, so you'd need to be sure you don't let black water flush back up into your gray water piping. It's just a temporary additional gate valve for when you think you want to use it.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:32 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Hello War Eagle.
Picked up one of those see trough clear sewer outlet extensions from Campingworld
last year.Easier on my back and knees and I can see what is going on when emptying tanks.
I glued it on permanently to avoid any mishaps.Put on my disposable gloves and gave it a good cleaning yesterday, nice and shiny now inside out.Happines is clean tanks.
Allan
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote