As many have already posted, we found the problem with the container for the sewer hose to be problematic.
There are some things that are standards in the RV world. The size of sewer hoses and their containers is one such standard. Why Escape Trailers did not follow that standard is quite a puzzle. Granted, it is much cheaper to buy 4" PVC pipe (measured from the outside) and just stick connectors on the ends. Unfortunately, this will not accommodate the standard size of hoses for RVs.
We purchased a very, very nice sewer hose since the super-thin material on the one that came with the trailer had sprung a leak almost immediately.
Being newbies, we were clueless as to why it did not fit. We assumed there were multiple sizes and that we had mistakenly gotten the wrong one. This proved to be incorrect. Our nice new hose was the standard size. We tried to modify it and ended up just throwing it out when we could not get it to fit. (Bad -- lotsa $$$ gone. It was a pricey hose, after all.)
As we have learned (from you guys, actually), Escape Trailers, et.al., modified the hose that came with the trailer to get it to fit into that white holder on the back. We decided that having to use a Dremel and sand down the connectors was not a good idea for the long term. It does weaken the connectors, but moreover, it doesn't solve the issue of having a plastic sewer connector on the other end (the one that fits the sewer hole in the ground.) Of course, the hose that came with the trailer had no such end connector, but that meant the hose just drops down the sewer pipe. We really wanted standard connectors.
Furthermore, the wood that was used as a saddle was just a thin piece of pine. Subject to deterioration and failure.
Our solution was to purchase a standard sewer hose container from Camping World. We threw the original, non-standard container away. We tried drilling new holes into the wood and the pine split into pieces.
Then we decided to just drill into the metal instead. We bought metal plumber's tape and got self-tapping (aka 'self-drilling') screws from the hardware store and just attached the new container to the metal frame. We left the remaining wood saddle there, but probably will replace them at some point since they surely will deteriorate eventually.
I will post pictures of what we did soon.