Sewer Hose Questions - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2019, 03:31 PM   #181
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
i've been carrying the 15' Rhino too, and yeah, i could see using a 5' 90% of the time... hmmmm.
Yeah, but that's what's so cool about the Rhinoflex. Scrunched up it's that short. Can't do that with a cheap stock hose.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:05 PM   #182

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Yeah, but that's what's so cool about the Rhinoflex. Scrunched up it's that short. Can't do that with a cheap stock hose.
Had at least three 15' Rhinoflexs. I challenge you to clean out that 15' Rhinoflex and not have it expand. Can't be done. The expanding 15' Rhinoflex is why some of us want a 5' in addition to a 10 or 15', for convenience at the dump station.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 01-14-2019, 04:23 PM   #183
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Had at least three 15' Rhinoflexs. I challenge you to clean out that 15' Rhinoflex and not have it expand. Can't be done. The expanding 15' Rhinoflex is why some of us want a 5' in addition to a 10 or 15', for convenience at the dump station.
worse, if you DONT fully expand it before cleaning, ugh, stuff WILL be in the crevices, and not get rinsed out. yuck.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #184

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
worse, if you DONT fully expand it before cleaning, ugh, stuff WILL be in the crevices, and not get rinsed out. yuck.

Who inspects the crevices on the inside of the tube? Yuck, indeed [emoji2961]
Old 01-14-2019, 05:05 PM   #185
Site Team

I just want to thoroughly rinse the slinky so it doesn't accumulate waste. to do that with the Titan, I have to expand it before rinsing.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:08 PM   #186
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I guess I'm just not that particular about having a super clean hose. I give it a rinse and call it a day. They don't call it the "stinky slinky" for nothing. [emoji33]
Old 01-14-2019, 05:10 PM   #187

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Inspection

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
Who inspects the crevices on the inside of the tube? Yuck, indeed [emoji2961]
Help wanted:
Sewer drain tube inspector.
Usually performed in nice park area setting however best described as a crappy job.
Apply to Rinse-o-matic Enterprises LLC.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-24-2021, 01:41 PM   #188

Trailer: 2011 17B
I have a 2011 17B. I ordered a new hose on amazon (two 10') but the connection ends are too big for the 4" pvc storage

pipe on the escape! What to do?
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:45 PM   #189

Trailer: 2011 17B
How wide is the "new" sewer hose tube? 2011 came with a 4" pvc pipe but the new rhino hose with 5" adapter ends are larger and don't fit into the 4" pipe! What do you have and can you post a photo? Thank you
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:50 PM   #190
Site Team

this hose fits, you have to remove the 'funnel' that goes in the dump station drain, but that funnel will fit loose in the end of the storage pipe.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPHR2M4/

ooooh, I have a 2014, it might have a 4.5" ID pipe? hmmmm. the Rhinoflex fits in a 4" SQUARE bumper, like on the Casita, if you line the tabs up with the corners, but it needs a 4.5" round pipe.

note, this is a very high quality hose, but I do recommend double checking the ends where they are clamped onto the accordion hose, I loosened mine, made sure the hose itself was fully seated, then tightened the clamping rings hard, haven't had any issues. I've bought several of those sort of hose, for both my escape and a casita, plus 2 10 foot extension lengths, and of those 4 total hoses and 8 ends, one end was loose new out of box.

I don't think 2 10s will fit in the escape storage pipe, but a 15 will. at dump stations I often wish I had just a 5 footer, but its not that big of a deal. although I might dump with my 15" mostly compressed, I will fully stretch it out before rinsing it with the dirty-water hose..... I put one cap on, compress a few feet of the hose, insert that into the storage pipe, and compress a few feet at a time until the hose is fully compressed, THEN install the other end cap. the caps are air tight, so you can't compress an expanded hose with both in place.
Old 04-24-2021, 05:11 PM   #191

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
this hose fits, you have to remove the 'funnel' that goes in the dump station drain, but that funnel will fit loose in the end of the storage pipe.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPHR2M4/

ooooh, I have a 2014, it might have a 4.5" ID pipe? hmmmm. the Rhinoflex fits in a 4" SQUARE bumper, like on the Casita, if you line the tabs up with the corners, but it needs a 4.5" round pipe.

note, this is a very high quality hose, but I do recommend double checking the ends where they are clamped onto the accordion hose, I loosened mine, made sure the hose itself was fully seated, then tightened the clamping rings hard, haven't had any issues. I've bought several of those sort of hose, for both my escape and a casita, plus 2 10 foot extension lengths, and of those 4 total hoses and 8 ends, one end was loose new out of box.

I don't think 2 10s will fit in the escape storage pipe, but a 15 will. at dump stations I often wish I had just a 5 footer, but its not that big of a deal. although I might dump with my 15" mostly compressed, I will fully stretch it out before rinsing it with the dirty-water hose..... I put one cap on, compress a few feet of the hose, insert that into the storage pipe, and compress a few feet at a time until the hose is fully compressed, THEN install the other end cap. the caps are air tight, so you can't compress an expanded hose with both in place.
Love the Rhino hose. Two 10 foot hoses and the fittings, including the funnel, fit in my ETI holder. I rarely need both sections, and one 10 foot section compressed is nice and short at dump stations.
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 05:23 PM   #192

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
A few years back this discussion included someone who worked at a marina. He said there was always someone watching the clear "window" in the hose that emptied the boats.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:19 PM   #193

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19 / 2011 Nissan Frontier
Kimber, you need to file or cut off the 'tab's that stick out the side of the two end caps.
bookerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:34 PM   #194

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
I've got the same problem as Kimber. 2011 17B with the white storage tube. The rhino flex I had for the Casita isn't even close to fitting so I bought a Valtera dominator cause it has round ends but it's a no go as well. Even if I file down the the little nubs it still won't work cause the other end is way too big. Is there anything except h those horrible flimsy things that fits in these older tubes or is my first mod going to have to be a larger stinky slinky holder?
77FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:39 PM   #195

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I used the one that came with my Escape for probably six years before replacing it. When I did replace it, I bought a heavy duty hose at Canadian Tire, with no ends, and replaced the hose, keeping the old ends.
If you go this route, warm the hose with hot water so it stretches and is easier to attach.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:59 PM   #196

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Thanks for the suggestion gbaglo, but I think if I'm going to have to modify something I'll probably just get a bigger tube so I can use a rhino flex cause I have really liked it if one can like a stinky slinky.
77FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:05 PM   #197

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
When we received our 21C in January it came with a rinky dink sewer hose and a 20’ camco Dominator hose. Never expected that. We prior to receiving trailer purchased a 10’, 5’ Valterra silverback hose and put the Dominator in the extra pipe storage. The 5 & 10’ have been all we need so far. All hoses fit in tubes without modification. ETI is staying on top of most things with the new trailers.
So don’t assume that any advice from someone with a prior year or later trailer has not been already addressed.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:28 PM   #198

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Yes, Rhino hoses fit in the current tubes. (Except for the angle fittings, of course.)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:04 PM   #199

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17B
Question Connectors for 2 sewer hoses?

Hi Everyone,
Any suggestions for what parts to get to connect the 10' Camco RV sewer Hose Kit that has pre-attached fittings to my other 20' sewer hose that has one end with a bayonet to attach to the camper's outlet and nothing on the other end of the hose?

I have these parts:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bayonet2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	56322
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bayonetend.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	56323

It would be nice to have another part that I could take on and off the longer 20' hose when I use it to empty the tanks into somewhere that needs it. (So far, I have not needed the elbow end.)

I am traveling in a couple weeks across the country and can see me needing it in a more civilized camping situation that I've used in the past.

This has been confusing me as I get conflicting advise. I think I need the Camco Twist Connect Kit Sewer Fitting using the part that is smooth except for 4 of knobs on the outside. I am guessing this is where a bayonet fits?

But what about when I only want to use the longer end? Will the knobs get in the way of the dump station or is there another something I have to get?

Any sage wisdom will be appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Old 06-28-2021, 05:13 PM   #200
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleinAirCedar View Post
Any suggestions for what parts to get to connect the 10' Camco RV sewer Hose Kit that has pre-attached fittings to my other 20' sewer hose that has one end with a bayonet to attach to the camper's outlet and nothing on the other end of the hose?
my sewer hoses have a translucent right angle which attaches to a threaded adapter that goes down the drain of the dump station. only about half the dumpstations have the right threads so most of the time,, I just stick that end into the drain, and let the weight of the dumpstation's lid hold it in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG