Sewer Hose Questions - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2015, 07:40 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape 5.0 - 2012
Check out the Sewer Solution - there are several posts about it. Real easy to use and no muss or fuss. You'll still have to carry a stinky-slinky to use when the dump station you're at doesn't have a garden hose fitting.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:56 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrob View Post
Check out the Sewer Solution - there are several posts about it. Real easy to use and no muss or fuss. You'll still have to carry a stinky-slinky to use when the dump station you're at doesn't have a garden hose fitting.
I got behind someone at an RV dump that was using one of these. While there is merit to the concept, like being able to dump a bit up hill, this fellow seemed to take forever to dump compared to all the other RVs. In this situation I think he should have just pulled out the slinky.

After dumping many, many times now, I don't find the process that messy at all. The only time was in my last trailer, where the grey water valve leaked a bit, and you got some water when you opened the cap. This would still be the case no matter what system you hooked up. I keep a small bottle of dish soap handy, and wash up after dumping all the time anyway.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:29 AM   #23

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21
sewer hoses

I believe a sewer solution will be in the door prize area if Tammy says ok. It is new and complete.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Watched a fellow dump a Casita with the 'sewer solution' at the Bluebonnet Rally. Easy to use but in the time it took for him to dump his black tank, we could have dumped both black and grey, rinsed out, stowed, and probably hitched up.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:11 PM   #25

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Watched a fellow dump a Casita with the 'sewer solution' at the Bluebonnet Rally. Easy to use but in the time it took for him to dump his black tank, we could have dumped both black and grey, rinsed out, stowed, and probably hitched up.
I think you could also have filled a freshwater tank with the fresh water that he dumped straight into the sewer. According to the instruction manual, this system uses about 40% to 50% of the waste tank content volume in fresh water... and that's without adding water to the waste tank to fill it.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:14 PM   #26

Trailer: None
Quote:
We encountered the same issue with someone using a sewer solution. It was on a Sunday afternoon and he caused quite a backup at the dump station. With parts of the US in a drought condition , and limiting water usage , the sewer solution wastes too much water for what it accomplishes .IMHO
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I think you could also have filled a freshwater tank with the fresh water that he dumped straight into the sewer. According to the instruction manual, this system uses about 40% to 50% of the waste tank content volume in fresh water... and that's without adding water to the waste tank to fill it.

I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We encountered the same issue with someone using a sewer solution. It was on a Sunday afternoon and he caused quite a backup at the dump station. With parts of the US in a drought condition , and limiting water usage , the sewer solution wastes too much water for what it accomplishes .IMHO

True. Why waste water?

Another "dirty" little secret: the manufacturer of this and other systems claim to be able to clean the tank via water from the sewer drain. They really can't. Lots of YouTube videos where they've constructed a clear tank show that most of the water never reaches the tank, let alone cleaning it out. I'll stick with the "hose through the window into the toilet" technique for that, although the tornado seems to work well too.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:25 PM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
A bag of ice down the hopper and some digester... under tow works for me. But, I only put liquids down and Scotts. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
A bag of ice down the hopper and some digester... under tow works for me. But, I only put liquids down and Scotts. YMMV

Here's an interesting video about using the bag of ice method.

https://youtu.be/iH6acEmqvcw

Not really effective if there are solids, and if it's only liquids, you probably don't need the ice to begin with.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #30
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Here's an interesting video about using the bag of ice method.

https://youtu.be/iH6acEmqvcw

Not really effective if there are solids, and if it's only liquids, you probably don't need the ice to begin with.
May not, but at destination there's water in the tank (and chemicals) and just makes me feel better about using the flushy from the "get go"

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote