Sewer Hose Questions - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #121

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
... The bear was a problem for campers at this site and others in the area, and was ultimately put down by the park ranger a few days later.
"Put down" or trapped and relocated? I sincerely hope the latter. I've never known federal or state agencies to kill a bear for simply taking advantage of the faults of humans. Attack and/or kill a human, then yes. But not for simply foraging through our mismanaged rubbish.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #122

Trailer: 2017 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
"Put down" or trapped and relocated? I sincerely hope the latter. I've never known federal or state agencies to kill a bear for simply taking advantage of the faults of humans. Attack and/or kill a human, then yes. But not for simply foraging through our mismanaged rubbish.

Usually they are trapped, collared and relocated.. but the repeat offender will be put down. For example Yosemite NP had a few already if you believe what the ranger said, because they become very persistent and keep coming back to the same area.
caddoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:42 AM   #123

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Unfortunately, once the bear has been deemed human friendly, more than likely they are put down. It is the modern day way police sometimes deal with wild animals, not with compassion, but with their weapons Maryland deputy shoots groundhog as it crosses the road in Carroll County; video of incident goes viral - Baltimore Sun
Old 06-11-2018, 10:23 AM   #124

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
History

There are signs posted and warnings printed on literature in many areas of the United States noting “ a fed Bear is a dead bear.” I know returning bears are sometimes dealt with in a lethal manner and remember two in the summer of 1969 when I worked for the US Forest Service in Idaho. The interaction with children, pets or adults is a liability that an aware representative of the managing agency does not want to have as a responsibility if an attack is possible. No doubt sad to many, but a fact of operation where animals and humans occupy the same area. The traditional range of bears in the USA is being repopulated on a gradual but steady basis.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #125

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
This is one of the best responses to blm gray dump in AZ.
https://rvtravel.com/more-on-the-gra...the-gray-tank/
Only two areas in AZ BLM are specifically prohibited, Quartzsite isn’t on prohibited list, but is subject to AZ Regs. Gray dump is ok if no kitchen scraps. However, you can do dishes in a tub in AZ then dump the tub, go figure. That is why I had the quick connect spout this year at Q and did my dishes in a tub outside so both my gray dump and dish dump met the regulations. I do go one step further and dig a small hole near a tree or bush and bury the kitchen dump.
One must remember, in AZ the last few years we are in an extreme drought, and if done properly and within regs, gray dump is very beneficial. We recently redid our laundry at our cabin and dump the washer into a rock river along side the cabin. It is helping the trees tremendously on the back half of the lot, but as Robert said you need to use bio detergents.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #126

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
The bear we encountered was a problem bear. We had been warned by the Provincial Park authorities before back country hiking in the area that this bear was present and had been bothering campers. While we were staying in the campground, the bear broke into another campers tent in search of something to eat, scavenged through the grey water disposal pit (and would not leave even when yelled at by a group of 4 campers), and followed another group of hikers for several kilometres up the trail. I ran into the same bear two days in a row at two campgrounds. I suspect there were other incidents that I was unaware of. On our way back down the mountain on our 4th day, I met a parks ranger hiking up the mountain trail carrying a rifle in his pack. He mentioned to me that he had been called in to "deal" with a problem bear. It is unfortunate that something like this has to happen. I agree that the best approach is to not give bears the opportunity to become used to people and their food. But, I personally would rather have a problem bear "dealt" with than have somebodies kids attacked because they look too much like food.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:03 PM   #127

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
Yes, by "snapped" together, is the same thing as it staying tight while being stowed. Sometimes, we are parked very close to the sewer drain, and its a pain when you have to snake the whole 15' around rather than keeping it tight and only using the length you need while the rest stays tight or "snapped" together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
I found I was having to "walk the hose" the full length because like you say, water in the hose would expand it.

For my recent two month trip, I started to use my Titan sewer hose. Well, I had used it before, but not that much. I got it for it's touted use of being easier on the hands for connecting at the sewer connection. Yeah, well, that really wasn't the case.

At first I wasn't using a Sidewinder as I didn't use it last year at the sites I was in. So, I left it at home. Yep, had to end up purchasing one as many of the sites I was now staying at had the sewer connection higher up than I had seen before.

Even after using the Sidewinder, I found that the Titan hose was not compressing back into a shorter length. I don't know if it was due to not using the Sidewinder to start with or it's the hose itself. It was very annoying when the sewer connection wasn't very far away, but I'd still have to snake it all over the place. And it developed this weird kink in it so it wasn't laying in the Sidewinder very easily.

Has anyone else had this problem with a Titan hose? I saw that a RhinoFlex was mentioned as being able to compress back into a shorter length (as opposed to all stretched out, like the Titan was doing). Is that the experience of everyone else?

In looking on Amazon, I see there's a 3' RhinoFlex. That sure would have been nice as one campsite had the sewer connection almost literally next to where my hose connects to the trailer. Then another campsite I had to hook up from the other side of the trailer and I was very glad I had another length of hose (each is either 15 or 20').

I only hooked up when I knew I needed to dump the tanks. I'm sure glad I don't have multiple tanks to hook up - boy, what some of those big rigs had to do for dumping. Multiple hoses all over the place. Jeez.

Thanks everyone!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:13 PM   #128

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
In looking on Amazon, I see there's a 3' RhinoFlex. That sure would have been nice as one campsite had the sewer connection almost literally next to where my hose connects to the trailer.

In reading the description further, it's for connecting up to a portable container, not the campground's sewer connection. Poop!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:27 PM   #129

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
my Rino seems to stay the length i open it to.-(pretty much)
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #130

Trailer: 86 travlite pop up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I don't know what to think. I was parked at a military "FamCamp" near Spokane. I'm eligible to use these because I am a retired DoD civilian, but it's the first time I've tried one. I got a "boondocking" spot on a hill away from the area with hookups, since I didn't need hookups and it was much cheaper.

There were only two other RVs near me during my stay. The first one was already there when I arrived. It was a ramshackle, tiny travel trailer that I guess the owner only uses for a "fishing camp" on weekends. It looked like it had been there for a long time. He was only there the day I arrived and returned the day before I left.

The second RV arrived the day before I left. It was a tiny, ancient motorhome with windows missing. It was filled with junk, some of it sticking out of the missing windows. Apparently a young guy owned it; I saw him outside a couple of times. The last night I was there I heard him arguing with a woman outside; she accused him of stealing stuff out of her house. The whole situation made me quite uncomfortable, as you can imagine.

So there you have it. All I know is someone took my slinky and I had to buy a new one. I didn't accidentally leave it somewhere because the hatch was latched shut.
I have camped with just a tent on the back seat of my motorcycle, then graduated to a tiny pop up camper, and have rented a truck slide in. I also have been in Law enforcement since April 1977. Nothing surprises me anymore about what will be stolen. I have taken reports on the copper gutters and downspouts being stolen off a farm house while the owner was in hospital. I have had to respond to camp sites for thefts of tents while owners were site seeing. . This is why I no longer use the iron butt camp sites ( picnic table at a park) Too many low lifes out there that want something you have and they dont
kniterider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:49 AM   #131
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniterider View Post
I also have been in Law enforcement since April 1977. Nothing surprises me anymore about what will be stolen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniterider View Post
Too many low lifes out there that want something you have and they dont.
It's part of the reason I left law enforcement many years ago. You're not supposed to take it personally or get emotional. Too often I found myself doing just that. I simply cannot abide a thief.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:16 AM   #132

sewar hose

The Camco RhinoFLEX 15ft RV Sewer Hose works well but it does not fit into the hose tube because the ends are too big. anyone have a work around?
dcollison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:21 AM   #133

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcollison View Post
The Camco RhinoFLEX 15ft RV Sewer Hose works well but it does not fit into the hose tube because the ends are too big. anyone have a work around?

Mine fits perfectly, except for the screw-in, orange adapter, which must be stored separately. Wait, what year is your trailer and what size is your sewer tube? Is it black with a hinged door or white with a screw in cap? The older white tubes were too small for the Rhinos but the new black, hinged-door tubes fit them fine.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #134

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hose holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcollison View Post
As posted the Rhino doesnt fit the white tube but will fit the black tube with the threaded cone taken off. On the 19, where it would not fit, I got a plastic shoe storage box at Walmart and put all three “adapters” in the box and kept it in one of the exterior hatches. Now with the 21, I don’t use the threaded cone real often so I put it in one end of the storage tube (passenger side) and feed the hose and other two pieces attached in from the drivers side for ease of access when needed.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-23-2018, 02:03 PM   #135

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I had to shave down the splines for your fingers on the Rhino a bit, but that's on a 2014.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:29 PM   #136

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
We have the black tube, and ours fits just fine, including the orange adapter disconnected and slid in separately.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC09533.jpg   DSC09535.jpg  
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:57 PM   #137
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
ditto with my 2014 21's black tube and the exact same slinky.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:50 AM   #138

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Hello,
John is it the 15' Rhinoflex tube kit that you have? We have the same size and year Escape and went camping in it for the first time about 2 weeks ago and yes the crap hose it came with needs to go.

BIG THANKS,

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:24 AM   #139

Trailer: none
Where is the black tube located on Escape's, specifically the 5.0TA?
Old 09-30-2018, 01:02 PM   #140

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA, pulled w/ 2003 Dodge 3500 Cummins 4x4 SRW LWB
Carry Tube Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
Where is the black tube located on Escape's, specifically the 5.0TA?
On a 2017 5.0 TA: Crosswise on the underside of the frame, behind the rear axle, forward of the bumper.
SWCO is offline   Reply With Quote