Sewer Hose Questions - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2018, 01:25 PM   #141

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCO View Post
On a 2017 5.0 TA: Crosswise on the underside of the frame, behind the rear axle, forward of the bumper.

Thank you!
Old 09-30-2018, 02:58 PM   #142
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Hello,
John is it the 15' Rhinoflex tube kit that you have? We have the same size and year Escape and went camping in it for the first time about 2 weeks ago and yes the crap hose it came with needs to go.

BIG THANKS,

Steve
yeah, the 15 foot.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPHR2M4
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:11 AM   #143

Trailer: 2018 19'
Will the 20' rhinoflex fit in the 17b (2017) holder or best to just get the 15? The existing hose provided by Escape is 20'. Thank you!
Old 12-05-2018, 09:33 AM   #144
Site Team

I have a 15 on my E21, and I don't think I've *EVER* needed a hose that long, indeed most of the time, a much shorter hose would be more convenient. I doubt the 20 would fit in a 17, the 15 fits easily in the 21 (and barely fits in a casita 16 with the elbow removed).
Old 12-05-2018, 09:34 AM   #145

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Will the 20' rhinoflex fit in the 17b (2017) holder or best to just get the 15? The existing hose provided by Escape is 20'. Thank you!

The 20’ Rhinoflex will not fit.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #146

Trailer: 2018 19'
Thanks for the info, am writing to Santa today & want to ask for the correct item! Jules
Old 12-05-2018, 10:05 AM   #147

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
We received our 5.0 TA on October 26 and traveled/camped until November 30. We did NOT haul our 15' Rhinoflex hose, that is used at our permanent campsite .8 mile from our home, because it's just too long for the camping we do (only dump at dump stations). Because of space limitation in our tug we went without a hose knowing we would be getting a cheap dump hose with the 5.0.

After a week of using that 20' (?), blue, cheap hose, we purchased a 5' Rhinoflex, with a clear 45 degree adapter, and a 90 degree multiple-size fitting to go in the drain hole. I got tired of fiddling with our 15' hose we use at our seasonal campground site to dump 3-4 feet away. For the final four weeks of our maiden voyage we dumped the tanks at least ten times and NEVER needed a longer hose, but for years we also have carried a one foot clear extension, if we need to get that extra foot.

The sewer hose carry tube Escape supplies is about a foot narrower than the camper (about six feet long). On the passenger end we shoved in the blue, cheap hose supplied by Escape. On the drivers (dump) side we have plenty of room for the 5' Rhinoflex and could easily insert the 7', if not the 10', Rhinoflex if desired. Yes, BOTH sewer hoses fit in the Escape supplied hose carrier underneath the camper! So, if on the rare occasion we need a longer hose we can use that cheap blue hose.

Food for thought!

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 12-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #148
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I guess I'm confused about statements where the 15' Rhino hose is too long or not needed when fewer feet away from the sewer dump. The Rhino is collapsible, only stretch out what you need. OR am I missing something...
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #149

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Christmas list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Thanks for the info, am writing to Santa today & want to ask for the correct item! Jules
Reading this post and having tasked myself with picking up some Christmas gifts in the next few days, my twisted mind thought of the Eartha Kitt classic “Santa Baby”
I think it needs another verse but thought what rhymes with Rhino Flex? Then I got as far as “bring me a new Rhino and a durable rack because I’m a wino”. A cretin with a bike ran over my hose, I hope he crashed and broke his nose. Needs work, I know.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #150

Trailer: 2005 Casita
So I should buy the one that ETI provides, the Deluxe Sewer Tube Kit with adapter or buy elsewhere?
Shibumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:44 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
So I should buy the one that ETI provides, the Deluxe Sewer Tube Kit with adapter or buy elsewhere?

The Deluxe Kit provided by ETI at one time came with the Rhino hose, but they have switched it at least once, and unless you contact them direct you cannot be assured of exactly what type of hose you will get, except that it will be a better nose tram the default, limp noodle stinky slinky that you will get if you do nothing. The specific hose provided in the Deluxe Kit does matter though. In the case of the Rhino (15’), the entire assembly will fit in the sewer tube, including 90* adapter, whereas other kits will not. The deluxe hose kit we got from them last year was one of the latter. The hose fits ok, but the 90* adapter does not.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:48 AM   #152

Sewer Hose Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
We received our 5.0 TA on October 26 and traveled/camped until November 30. We did NOT haul our 15' Rhinoflex hose, that is used at our permanent campsite .8 mile from our home, because it's just too long for the camping we do (only dump at dump stations). Because of space limitation in our tug we went without a hose knowing we would be getting a cheap dump hose with the 5.0.

After a week of using that 20' (?), blue, cheap hose, we purchased a 5' Rhinoflex, with a clear 45 degree adapter, and a 90 degree multiple-size fitting to go in the drain hole. I got tired of fiddling with our 15' hose we use at our seasonal campground site to dump 3-4 feet away. For the final four weeks of our maiden voyage we dumped the tanks at least ten times and NEVER needed a longer hose, but for years we also have carried a one foot clear extension, if we need to get that extra foot.

The sewer hose carry tube Escape supplies is about a foot narrower than the camper (about six feet long). On the passenger end we shoved in the blue, cheap hose supplied by Escape. On the drivers (dump) side we have plenty of room for the 5' Rhinoflex and could easily insert the 7', if not the 10', Rhinoflex if desired. Yes, BOTH sewer hoses fit in the Escape supplied hose carrier underneath the camper! So, if on the rare occasion we need a longer hose we can use that cheap blue hose.

Food for thought!

Enjoy,

Perry

Another solution is to have ETI install a second sewer tube. Then you can fit a full 15’ Rhino for normal use, and put the blue floppy noodle in the second tube, for those rare situations where you need more than 15’. Or you can use the second tube for fishing poles. Or a collapsible ladder.

We have three tubes on our trailer [emoji51]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0237.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	35522
Old 12-05-2018, 11:49 AM   #153

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
With previous RV’s the supplied hose worked just fine.

My plan with my on-order Escape is to start with the supplied hose.
Should it prove to be unworkable, other hoses are ready available at Walmart, Amazon,etc.

Ed
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I guess I'm confused about statements where the 15' Rhino hose is too long or not needed when fewer feet away from the sewer dump. The Rhino is collapsible, only stretch out what you need. OR am I missing something...
Perhaps I should have said, "longer than needed." Even collapsed you must snake the hose around to hit a drain only 3-4' away. Then you have more hose to rinse. The hose should be stretched to be properly rinsed. It is ten times easier to rinse a 5' hose than a 15' hose.

Until you own and use a 5' you'll never really understand why that's all you need if you only use dump stations when on the road. However, if you mostly camp at commercial campgrounds, with a sewer dump at each site, you probably can ignore what I'm saying.

Our 5' Rhinoflex, with 45 degree elbow and 90 degree dump tank fitting is really 6', and if we decide to add our 1' clear extension, 7' .

We have a 15' Rhinoflex at our seasonal camp site, so this spring/summer I'll see if I can fit both the 15' and 5' Rhinoflex's in the Escape provided tube.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 12-05-2018, 11:59 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
Another solution is to have ETI install a second sewer tube. Then you can fit a full 15’ Rhino for normal use, and put the blue floppy noodle in the second tube, for those rare situations where you need more than 15’. Or you can use the second tube for fishing poles. Or a collapsible ladder.

We have three tubes on our trailer
In my post that you quoted, we have BOTH the 5' Rhinoflex and the Escape provided blue hose, and there still was room to stick in our 1' clear extension and more in the single Escape provided sewer tube holder underneath our 5.0. These sewer tubes collapse quite a bit.

We wish we had purchased a second (and third) sewer tube. We tried and found both our outside rugs could fit inside our existing Escape provided tube.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 12-05-2018, 12:38 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
We wish we had purchased a second (and third) sewer tube. We tried and found both our outside rugs could fit inside our existing Escape provided tube.
You can purchase them here: https://www.dwincorp.com/product/sup...le-super-tube/

Interesting to see on their website that they picture it with a Rhino hose snaking out.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:54 PM   #157

Quote:
You can purchase them here: https://www.dwincorp.com/product/sup...le-super-tube/

Interesting to see on their website that they picture it with a Rhino hose snaking out.
Thank you!!!

Terry and I will be walking down to the camper so we can find out what size we need.

Again, THANKS!

Perry
Old 12-05-2018, 03:22 PM   #158

Trailer: ?
Quote:

For a do-it-yourself version you can use a 5” vinyl fence post like this

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Veranda-...0700/202084745

And attach it wherever you find it most convenient to access. Even in the bed of a truck. There are caps to close off the ends.

Ed
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #159
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
you want to expand it out when you rinse it out after using.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:30 PM   #160

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
5 inch vinyl fence post for the sewer hose.
Made one up for the hose.And yes, got it from Home Depot.Even put the fittings in there.Got the end caps.Used a pin to hold one end in place.Works like a charm and looks good.
Installed on my 2005 17 footer, now sold.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote