Sewer Solution - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Re: Sewer Solution

Mine's more like the 45, Liz.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-adapter/16835

Old 09-15-2011, 06:56 AM   #22

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19

Thanks a lot, Memobug. That's what we'll get. --Liz
Old 09-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #23

Trailer: 2011 19' Escape

Is there really a need to get a clear pipe? :P
I would go for a black one and listen for the flow to stop. Am I missing something?
robinwstebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #24

The product called Sewer Solution is nothing like a "stinky slinky" if that's the flow you're thinking of. If you want to see how Sewer Solution works, this is a good video: The purpose of the extension that Memobug recommends is not necessarily to see the flow, but to move the Sewer Solution hose away from the tire for ease of use.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #25

Trailer: 2011 Escape 5.0; previous 2008 Escape 17'

Just stayed at an RV site in Oregon and they don't allow the use of this type of device as it apparently creates to fine a particle that clogs their filters!
Conuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #26

On our maiden voyage with the new 19 we encountered several places, such as some national parks, which don't have a threaded connection on their non-potable hose line. There was also one dump station with a threaded connection but insufficient water pressure. The Sewer Solution was an impossibility in those instances. We used the stinky slinky when there was no other choice.

Even so, we are becoming huge fans of the Sewer Solution for its ability to backfill the tanks and re-flush them as often as you wish. See my next two posts on this topic.

--Liz
Old 05-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #27

Some websites recommend installing the Sewer Solution with the green striped hose at the bottom, as shown in the photo here. We found that this works well for emptying the tanks, but not well for backfilling the tanks because so much of the flushing water goes straight out the green striped hose instead of into the tank.

See the next post for a better approach.

(The solid green is the water supply. The picture also shows the clear extension we bought from Camping World to eliminate interference with the tire.)
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02705sm.jpg  
Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #28

We found that connecting the Sewer Solution with the green striped hose at the top works best of all the positions we tried. In the emptying mode, it removes almost all of the contents from the tank. In the backfilling mode, it puts enough water in the tank for a reasonably good flush before water flows from the green striped hose due to gravity. This configuration can easily be used to completely fill the tank just by holding the end of the green striped hose higher than the water level in the tank.

The only downside is that the Sewer Solution doesn't completely empty the tank or the discharge pipe. However, if the tank valves are closed before disconnecting, the only water that dumps on the ground is clean water from flushing.

Attached Thumbnails
DSC02710sm.jpg  
Old 11-18-2012, 03:53 AM   #29

I also want to boondock, often at places where the nearest dump station is a few miles away. Don't want to re-hook the trailer and drive it from the CG, so I'm thinking of putting a portable waste tank in the bed of my pickup truck, then using a macerator pump to pump the waste water up into the tank, then driving the truck with the tank inside to that dump station. Are there tanks made to put inside a truck bed, or should I just use one of those wheeled/trailer style pumps - even though I'm carrying it, not towing it? Ideas?
blugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
All the sewer tanks I have seen are "portable" vs permanent mount tanks. You mention
boon docking which implies no hookups so the macerator pump will not work without water. Either way, a portable tank is an alternate to moving the rig, but remember liquid waste weighs 8 lbs/gal so a 20 gal container will not be easily lifted into your truck bed.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
If you have AC, here is an interesting solution: DIY RV Macerator Pump.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #32

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
For a while we were leaving our old trailerAt a spot with no hook ups and using a portable tank to empty and transport the waste to the dump station. I believe our portable tank is 20 gallons and when it is close to full
It is really heavy and about as much as two people can lift into the bed of a truck . The old trailer was high enough that I could hook it up and gravity would drain it into the portable tank. I don't think that with escape trailers this would work as they are much lower .
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #33

Quote:
You mention boon docking which implies no hookups so the macerator pump will not work without water.
Jim, Are you sure the macerator pumps won't work without water? Most of them are DC powered. I wouldn't want a "sewer solution" type because that relies on water power from a hose, and a real boondock-type CG might not have hose-friendly water power.
As for lifting, I could just put the empty tank in the pickup bed and pump the macerated waste up to it, right? Ones like Flo-Jet, etc. advertise that they pump it uphill. But then again, I may be newbie-ignorant.
-Gene-
Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #34

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes there are 12 and 120v and water powered pumps, I assumed you were talking about the water powered pump, the subject of the thread, But since 120v is out so you will have to use 12v while "roughing it" so to speak.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #35

Thanks Jim. Being a newbie, I'm not sure where/how to post new questions like the one I had (a forum format question I asked about in the newbie thread), so I just went to the thread closest to the topic I had questions about.
I gather an input hose, even in a 12-v powered macerator pump, would still be desirable for cleanout when available, but when not, running more water through the emptied tank could probably temporarily suffice. I'll learn a whole lot more after we take delivery of our new 19' Escape.
-Gene-
Old 11-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #36

tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
All the sewer tanks I have seen are "portable" vs permanent mount tanks. You mention
boon docking which implies no hookups so the macerator pump will not work without water. Either way, a portable tank is an alternate to moving the rig, but remember liquid waste weighs 8 lbs/gal so a 20 gal container will not be easily lifted into your truck bed.
CP you should have bought the tank on 4 wheels that can be towed to the dump station.
hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #37

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I've only had to do it a couple times, but the Old Bag stays at camp reading a book and I hitch up and haul the Toad to the sani-dump. Then I stop at the beer store to make sure we have enough fluids to refill the tank.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:03 AM   #38

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
Baglo, I would have to agree that just hooking up the trailer and taking it to the dump statin seems easier. I am sure that it would be faster, easier and more sanitary.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:49 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave macrae View Post
Baglo, I would have to agree that just hooking up the trailer and taking it to the dump station seems easier. I am sure that it would be faster, easier and more sanitary.
I guess I'll learn. Hooking up the whole trailer and moving it, then taking it back to the CG, re-leveling, etc. seems like more of a task to me than driving a tank in the back up my pickup to a dump station at some nearby (several miles) CG or other facility. In my area, there are many Forest Svc. CGs that have no hookups, no dump stations - but ample nice campsites. Usually there's a dump station somewhere in the greater region.
-Gene-
Old 11-20-2012, 12:58 AM   #40

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
To clarify. "Toad" is the name of my trailer. I hitch up the trailer "Toad" and drive it to the sani dump. It is equipped with two 15" wheels. Makes more sense to me than pumping into a tank and driving the tank to a sani dump to empty.