Showers - how many use them? - Page 12 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #221

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
My original shower head doesn't really shut off, it only goes down to a dribble. I know some have replaced theirs, what have you used? does it work with the original wall mount or did you need to swap that too?
The dribble is a safety feature to avoid scalding when the water is turned back on. (Which drives me nuts - I like a full shutoff.)

I installed this full shutoff: Danco 9D0080782X Shower Shut-Off Valve 1/2-Inch IPS - Pipe Fittings - Amazon.com)

I have also modified an Oxygenics twist shutoff to not leak by taking it apart and adding many layers of superglue to the channel which bypasses the shutoff to allow the dribble. But it works a bit stiffly and I can't tell by looking if it is on or off.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #222

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
The dribble is a safety feature to avoid scalding when the water is turned back on. (Which drives me nuts - I like a full shutoff.)...
Am I misreading your post? If your shower head leaks, I suspect that it is because there is a defect in it rather than a built in safety feature. Why would anyone want the shower head to be leaking water whenever the bathroom sink is being used? Our shower head does not dribble.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:01 AM   #223

There is a shower head shutoff in the shower head. That does not shut off completely. This is different from the diverter valve in the faucet assembly.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #224

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Jim, STOP THE MADNESS! Please! This thread is like a bad drug, I can't stop reading it! I have laughed so hard it's been "killing me". I would love to meet some of you sometime , especially while around the campfire sharing random thoughts....and, oh, tequila would have to be involved! I don't know what this says about me, but the humor on this thread is hilarious!
Please Jim....Stop the madness! LMAO
LoriH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #225

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm still here and I'll do what ever the consensus wants, it's your game.
No, not yet! I would like to know what others use to clean Poutine stains off the shower walls.
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #226

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
Am I misreading your post? If your shower head leaks, I suspect that it is because there is a defect in it rather than a built in safety feature. Why would anyone want the shower head to be leaking water whenever the bathroom sink is being used? Our shower head does not dribble.
It dribbles when you turn off the water flow at the shower head to soap up, not when using the sink. The diverter is fine.

Jim, I got a couple answers so I'm good to go if you want to put this creature to rest.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #227

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Back to those showers folks, what's the best way get that water out from behind the toilet?[/QUOTE]

I hang the rest of the shower curtain (the half that is not on hangars that slide in front of the door) upon suction hooks, and drape it in front of the toilet across to the other side. That way, I don't have to dry the back area around the toilet. There is enough curtain, so if I choose, I can sit on the closed toilet. When done, it goes back to the corner and meets the part that covered the door. To also help, I usually have the shower spray facing toward the wall with the light fixture. After I squeegee the walls, then dry with a designated hand towel. I then let the towel air dry as I don't wish to grow anything inside a plastic bag.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #228

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
No, not yet! I would like to know what others use to clean Poutine stains off the shower walls.
Lutefisk works really well on those Poutine stains...

And Lori, tequila goes really well with Poutine I've heard.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #229

Quote:
How did you get poutine stains on your bathroom wall? No, hang on, please don't answer that, I do NOT want to know.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #230

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
I'm getting Sonny and Cher flashbacks, "and the beat goes on......". I'm going' camping!
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #231
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Lutefisk works really well on those Poutine stains...
Must be the Lye.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #232
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Antibacterial soap
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote