Showers - how many use them? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2014, 11:33 AM   #21

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
We use ours all the time. We will use campground facilities occasionally but sometimes it is easier to just use the trailer. While boondocking last summer we used the outside shower as well.

Steve
2019 Chevy Silverado RST 1500, 5.3L
sjnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #22

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Have people come across campground showers that posed any issues with safety before?
Safety - hmmm.

The most "interesting" shower we've ever "visited" was when we still had our Harley and Lee-sure Lite Tent trailer. On route to Nelson we kept hearing about this awesome campground called "Toad Rock" - specifically bike friendly.

Yikes - Not only was it Harley Biker Central (not that there's anything wrong with that), every campsite seemed to belong to everyone - what's yours is mine - free for the taking and here have another beer, toke, dance, hoot-n-holler.

We were really tired after a long day's ride. Glenn went for a shower while I sat and trembled inside our tiny tent. Freaked out by what was going on all around me I went to look for him. More yikes. There was some kind of, um, "communal" shower going on in the single showers which Glenn was oblivious to and I was invited to join.

Holy Smokes. We left as soon as was humanly possible.

We are really really really glad to have our own shower!
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
We have not yet used the inside shower in our 19', but have used the external shower a number of times. I am sure that this year we will get the opportunity to use the inside shower. We do prefer to use campground showers when they are available, as there is usually more room and helps to conserve on fresh water and grey water tank usage. While at Okanagan Provincial Park last summer, I did have to share one campground shower with this very large spider (looked like a black widow) that was perched on top of the shower rod the entire time. Was a little unnerving, but managed to get clean without too much stress.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Rosemary, you and Glenn seem to find all the best places. I have never been invited into a communal shower at a campground before.

I have seen a sign for that campground, but never checked it out. Methinks that campround is in an element of its own. LOL
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan View Post
There were a few trailers I would have bought had they had a toilet/shower but had to pass to wait for the right one.
It's just the opposite for us. We were offered the Escape 19 that we were refered to; but declined since we want one built without a bathroom. However, we did ask for the external shower (and that is possible).
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
We use ours all the time, that said if there are nice ones at the campground we will use them or if its hot and there is a nice lake or river thats great too. Never really thought much about it before, we follow the if its there why not use it rule, this rule applies to indoor cooking and the toilet also. I guess for us it comes down to what ever is easiest or most convenient at the time. When our Escape was ordered we got things we wanted and would use as opposed to things for resale.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Last week we used the shower in our 17b for the first time. We were in the National Park Campground at Hot Springs, AR. A nice campground but no showers, Frankly, I was skeptical that it was possible to shower in such a small place, but it worked well. We prefer to use campground showers, but appreciate the flexibility. For us, much of the advantage of a trailer is avoiding the late night stumble to the campground rest rooms. As others have said, if you are going to have a toilet, you may as well have a shower.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #28

Trailer: 2001 Bigfoot 21RB/ 73Boler/Trillium 5500
I always use my trailers shower. I use the outdoor shower for washing pots and pans.
Chuck
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:06 AM   #29

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We've used showers in many of the parks we've camped in in our former lives and some were 'questionable', others very nice (Oregon State Parks get high marks in my book). Last night we camped in a park where we opted to bypass the camp showers because they were a little sketchy so I was glad I had the shower in our 19' as a backup. Was set to do it again; however, the park we're in in McMinnville has great showers ... and they're free!! Still, knowing we have the shower option in our trailer makes life a little easier in my book.
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:49 AM   #30

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
One experience that make me more likely to use our shower was picking up toenail fungus from a campground shower that otherwise seemed quite well maintained.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:01 AM   #31

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I always wear rubber crocs in cg restrooms and showers to try and eliminate the possibility of bring home a souvenir.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Always use flip flops in showers. Avoids picking up fungus etc.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:06 AM   #33

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I always wear rubber crocs in cg restrooms and showers to try and eliminate the possibility of bring home a souvenir.
Reminds me of the old Procol Harem song "A Souvenir of London"

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #34

I only remember "Whiter Shade of Pale" by them, late 60's?
Old 03-28-2014, 09:11 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I only remember "Whiter Shade of Pale" by them, late 60's?
The "Grand Hotel" album 1973...one of the underrated bands of their day IMHO

Old 03-28-2014, 10:19 AM   #36

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Flip flops, crocs, etc. are a must in any public facilities be it campground showers, pools, gym locker rooms, etc.
That saying "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas", not entirely true, just ask your doctor.
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #37

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Not to change the subject but just think of all the fun things you could get from toilet seats too
Old 03-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #38

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Catalina State Park north of Tucson has in the B loop has the nicest bathroom I've seen yet in any park. Looks brand new. Very popular park-better get reservations.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
Flip flops, crocs, etc. are a must in any public facilities be it campground showers, pools, gym locker rooms, etc.
I must be lucky, because I shower at least 3 times a week after yoga in a public shower, and never wear anything on my feet. In fact, almost nobody wears anything on their feet in the locker rooms I have used. Same anywhere I go, the gym, campgrounds, etc. However, I do often wash my feet good.

I have heard many warnings of bad things lurking, but thoer's report is the first confirmed one I have heard of. How many people are out there carrying these diseases anyway?

A report I listened to claimed door knobs to be the number one thing for transmitting bugs, yet not too many folks wear rubber gloves when opening a door in public.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:36 PM   #40

A report I listened to claimed door knobs to be the number one thing for transmitting bugs, yet not too many folks wear rubber gloves when opening a door in public
I avoid door knobs where possible via an elbow or a paper towel in my hand, always wash my hands upon getting home.