Showers - how many use them? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2014, 03:39 PM   #41

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
Many restrooms now place paper towel or tissue dispensers near the doors so people can use them to open the doors.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I alo carry a small portable bottle of hand santi- cleaner with alcohol in the tow vehicle.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #43

Trailer: 2001 coachmen
Having yet to see a 17b in person...the specs on the bathroom look a bit small. Do you have to squeegee or wipe the walls? Is there actually room enough to take a shower or does one have to sit on the toilet?

Our class c had a separate shower. Driving across the USofA we used both KOA showers and ours. OMG flip flops are a must in any public shower! We're so strict on having no fungus among us! Ewww... Anyhow continuing on.

Sometimes It was so nice and convienent to just shower in our rig.

I know a bathroom/shower is a very important feature...a must in my book.
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:30 PM   #44

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I use a squeegee. The way I look at it is "killing two birds, with one stone".
Clean myself and the bathroom.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #45

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I alo carry a small portable bottle of hand santi- cleaner with alcohol in the tow vehicle.
I also carry one in my pocket when I go into restaurants. After handling the menu etc. I usually give my hands a wipe before holding my burger. Then the waitress comes with my glass of water, holding it by the rim.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:45 PM   #46

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Just to be oppositional, as a kid I lived in East Africa for a few years. All the parents carefully washed everything and took their quinine pills, and got sick.
We kids ate unwashed fruit and veg and bought beef (? ) samosas from a mud hut that even we had to duck to enter. We didn't get sick.
It's good to eat dirt from time to time. Keeps your antibodies in shape.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I use the shower in my Escape 21; I discovered that the trailer's gray water tank is the first to fill up, at least in my case, so to extend its life when traveling I started showering every other day. I recently explained this strategy to a friend of mine, a college professor:

Me: I've noticed that people are friendlier on the days I don't shower, especially women. It must be pheromones or something.

Her: You see patterns where none exist.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #48

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
using grey water for flushing

I was at a meeting this week where a lady talked about how she saves the water from doing laundry, carts it up stairs and then uses it for flushing the toilet. She was a Peace Corps volunteer when she was young, and got in the habit of saving water. Very commendable, I thought to myself, but I am probably not going to do that in my own two story home.

But it did occur to me that reusing the grey water to flush the toilet would be a practical alternative when boon docking which would minimize water usage. Can anyone see a downside to this?
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #49

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Not unless you just washed the pot you cooked your pasta sauce in. Then you might get that cool orange tinge all over the toilet bowl.
GerriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #50

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
I was at a meeting this week where a lady talked about how she saves the water from doing laundry, carts it up stairs and then uses it for flushing the toilet. She was a Peace Corps volunteer when she was young, and got in the habit of saving water. Very commendable, I thought to myself, but I am probably not going to do that in my own two story home.

But it did occur to me that reusing the grey water to flush the toilet would be a practical alternative when boon docking which would minimize water usage. Can anyone see a downside to this?
I know a guy on an acreage that had to use a cistern to hold trucked in water. At some point as things developed around him, municipal water was brought in, and he hooked up to that. He then replumbed all the sink and shower drains in his house to the cistern, and used that for irrigation, which they needed if they wanted stuff to grow, as they were in a real dry area.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #51

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
I use camp showers if they are reasonably clean and not too far away. Otherwise, I take 2-gallon showers in the fiver.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:25 PM   #52

Trailer: 2014 5TA/ *012 17B (previous)
WE use the outside shower the most, washing our hair, filling up large pots, buckets to wash the vehicle etc, washing dishes outside, washing the dog.
We mostly use the CG showers but, if they are dirty, or it is too cold out we use the one in the trailer.
'Have No Regrets'
Chapitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #53

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
We use the outside showers when weather is good and not too many others are in close vicinity. Other times, we use the inside shower.

It is actually surprising how little water you actually need to take a shower if you are trying to conserve.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #54

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
In our 19 we used our shower all the time, if the tank filled we drained it. The one thing we found was that we never used our outside shower, when we ordered our 5.0TA we dropped the that option. We never really found that the gray tank filled to fast showering but as others have mentioned you don't need that much water to shower with. BUT if one has full hookups then thats another story.

Cheers Doug
Old 11-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #55

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Sure we do. Why not?
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:11 PM   #56

Trailer: '15 Escape 5.0 TA
We have a very active Australian Shepard and we love to go camping at the beach. The outside shower gets used often and the dog will actually stand still with warm warm water. Standing still is something she is not good at!
"How can I be lost, if I have no place to go"
t-twnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #57

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
In our 19 we used our shower all the time, if the tank filled we drained it. The one thing we found was that we never used our outside shower, when we ordered our 5.0TA we dropped the that option. We never really found that the gray tank filled to fast showering but as others have mentioned you don't need that much water to shower with. BUT if one has full hookups then thats another story.

Cheers Doug
I used the outside showers on my campers that had them, but not for "showering." I find the outside shower useful for rinsing sand off my feet if I've been in the water, and also used it for dishwashing, which we don't do often due to the convenience of disposable plates and plasticware. My 5.0TA build list currently specifies the outside shower to be on the door side (essentially under the cook stove). Moving it to this location is easy because the water supply is nearby (sink) and it allows for an inside shut-off. And when dishwashing is necessary, it can be done under cover of the awning.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #58

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
why not? sure CG showers work, if convenient, if not the shower inside works well. we lived in a 27' boat fo a number of years and the head in the 19 is way bigger and more comfy!

steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:47 AM   #59

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
We use ours all the time and love having it.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:44 AM   #60

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatpick View Post
why not?
The reasons I don't use it are many, the reasons I do are few.

- Number one reason is conserving water. If it needs to last for 5 days, then one quick shower might (though very rarely) be had. Don't really want to bring lots of extra water cans along.
- If in a campground facilities are available (which is rare in most we use), they are usually roomier, better spray head (though not always), and I don't have to wipe down afterwards.
- Most of my camping trips are 4 nights max, so a shower is usually not needed in that time. Everyone else all smells the same anyway. After all, we are camping, right?
- Sponge baths by your SO can be way more fun. Two cannot fit in the trailer shower.

- It is convenient should we be boondocking and from exertion get sweaty and dirty. Sometimes when real dirty, it can take even less water to shower, than to sponge bath.

Don't get me wrong, if one has a toilet anyway (a wifely requirement), it might as well be a wet bath with a shower, for those times you do need it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote