Originally Posted by flatpick
The reasons I don't use it are many, the reasons I do are few.
- Number one reason is conserving water. If it needs to last for 5 days, then one quick shower might (though very rarely) be had. Don't really want to bring lots of extra water cans along.
- If in a campground facilities are available (which is rare in most we use), they are usually roomier, better spray head (though not always), and I don't have to wipe down afterwards.
- Most of my camping trips are 4 nights max, so a shower is usually not needed in that time. Everyone else all smells the same anyway. After all, we are camping, right?
- Sponge baths by your SO can be way more fun. Two cannot fit in the trailer shower.
- It is convenient should we be boondocking and from exertion get sweaty and dirty. Sometimes when real dirty, it can take even less water to shower, than to sponge bath.
Don't get me wrong, if one has a toilet anyway (a wifely requirement), it might as well be a wet bath with a shower, for those times you do need it.
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (someday soon, I hope
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln