Showers - how many use them? - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2014, 04:33 PM   #101

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
I think there have been a few posts misread or misinterpreted by some (I hope) and on my part miswritten (if thats a word)....
When I said we use our shower mostly all the time I guess I should have also mentioned thats its because the places we like to camp discussion don't have showers.

We do our cooking where ever the fancy strike us and depending on what we are cooking as everyone knows hotdogs are ALWAYS BEST cooked over a campfire. (not open for discussion in my mind)

Like others we love our Escape products because they are the finer things in life as far as we are concerned and the fact they can be personalized to each owner is awesome (big thanks to Reace and Tammy).

Always room for bottom feeders at our fire, maybe even a drink or two.

Cheers Doug
Attached Thumbnails
fire1.jpg  
Old 11-19-2014, 04:41 PM   #102

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I don't get the problem here.
I read the post about 'might as well tow a box' and did not feel an affront. It was just a description to get a point across.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #103

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post

Always room for bottom feeders at our fire, maybe even a drink or two.

Cheers Doug
*did I just hear someone call my name?*
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #104

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
I think it's very easy to misinterpret a poster's thoughts on forums. The use of punctuation, spelling, grammar etc., all have a bearing on how something is read. Moderators have volunteered their services and have the onus of deciding what is and what isn't fitting within the guidelines of "Elegance of Behavior". It's the way the system works.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #105

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I re-read the posts above, and for the life of me I can't find anyone being denegrated or thought of as a 'lesser camper'. It was a simple opinion. We all make different choices, and I wouldn't have it any other way. How boring life would be if everyone was the same.
My view exactly - well said.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Each are our personal choices and reflect how we prefer to camp . That said; it does not make our choices anymore valid than anyone elses. Expressing one's personal preference is not a condemnation of other people's preferences . OFF MY SOAPBOX
Exactly!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
This is why Moderators close many threads. They start going in circles then someone drives it off into the ditch! In real life, we just walk out of the room.
Yes, but in a forum there is an equivalent to leaving the room... stop reading. I realize that's hard if one is being personally attacked (which isn't happening here), or if potentially harmful blatant misinformation is being presented (again, not happening in this case).

(and... great photo! )
Old 11-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I realize that's hard if one is being personally attacked (which isn't happening here)
True, it was not one, but a segment of people for their choices. And I definitely did not see it as an attack either, just an opinion that I (and a few others) disagreed with. Pretty sure we don't all agree on everything, and have stated so on these forums.

Akin to what rbryab said, it would be boring if we all agreed with everything.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #109

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Yes, but in a forum there is an equivalent to leaving the room... stop reading. I realize that's hard if one is being personally attacked (which isn't happening here), or if potentially harmful blatant misinformation is being presented (again, not happening in this case).

(and... great photo! )
Nah, read the city-data.com/forums. Classic example of forums out of control.

Hey back to ground, we're all pals here. Let's just take a breath and get back to happy talk! We LOVE our trailers!!!!
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
True, it was not one, but a segment of people for their choices. And I definitely did not see it as an attack either, just an opinion that I (and a few others) disagreed with.
One member said, essentially, if you don't use stuff in the trailer at all, then they might as well not be there. Another member said that he has this stuff, so when it suits him he will use it. We seem to agree that these statements are not an attack on anyone, any group, any trailer, or anything at all... they're just lines of reasoning. No one is being put in a "lesser group".

So... does anyone use the toilet for solid wastes? No seriously, that's just a rhetorical question - we don't need that big a sidetrack!
Old 11-19-2014, 05:20 PM   #111

Quote:
Hey back to ground, we're all pals here. Let's just take a breath and get back to happy talk! We LOVE our trailers!!!!
Old 11-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #112

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Jim, heck yes! This was just a little detour from our on and on shower discussions.

Why don't we refocus in a different direction? What kind of back brush do people use in their trailer showers? Me? Ann bought a plastic one at the 99 cents store! How about you?

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:48 PM   #113

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Quote:
Jim, heck yes! This was just a little detour from our on and on shower discussions.

Why don't we refocus in a different direction? What kind of back brush do people use in their trailer showers? Me? Ann bought a plastic one at the 99 cents store! How about you?

Greg
Why would I want to brush my back??
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #114

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I don't get the problem here.
I read the post about 'might as well tow a box' and did not feel an affront. It was just a description to get a point across.
I did not feel an affront either, but I can understand why a statement like "you might as well sleep in a box" could be interpreted as an affront. We must remember that we all have our own preferences, which should be respected by everyone else. Hey, I have an acquaintance that will put a hot dog in a bun with mayonnaise as the condiment of choice. Just because it doesn't meet my tastes doesn't mean it's wrong. And just like we all have different preferences, we all have different triggers and reactions to those triggers. We over-react sometimes. Actually, I didn't view the response as coming from a point of anger, either. I read it as the respondent saying "Hey, wait a minute. I'm entitled to use my property as I see fit." Unfortunately, exchanging ideas on the forum is not like exchanging ideas over a glass of wine sitting around the campfire where statements with the potential to offend can be questioned and clarified immediately. But having been guilty of making written statements that have been misinterpreted, probably because I wrote them hastily, I have come to the conclusion that at least 99% of the members here, while they may offend other members, do not do so intentionally. Just keep in mind that everyone here is different, we all think differently, and we all have a right to our choices. They may not be someone else's choices but each to their own.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #115

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
I did not feel an affront either, but I can understand why a statement like "you might as well sleep in a box" could be interpreted as an affront. We must remember that we all have our own preferences, which should be respected by everyone else. Hey, I have an acquaintance that will put a hot dog in a bun with mayonnaise as the condiment of choice. Just because it doesn't meet my tastes doesn't mean it's wrong. And just like we all have different preferences, we all have different triggers and reactions to those triggers. We over-react sometimes. Actually, I didn't view the response as coming from a point of anger, either. I read it as the respondent saying "Hey, wait a minute. I'm entitled to use my property as I see fit." Unfortunately, exchanging ideas on the forum is not like exchanging ideas over a glass of wine sitting around the campfire where statements with the potential to offend can be questioned and clarified immediately. But having been guilty of making written statements that have been misinterpreted, probably because I wrote them hastily, I have come to the conclusion that at least 99% of the members here, while they may offend other members, do not do so intentionally. Just keep in mind that everyone here is different, we all think differently, and we all have a right to our choices. They may not be someone else's choices but each to their own.
Not so fast sir! A hotdog in a bun with mayonnaise is just plain wrong!!!
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:08 PM   #116

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
There was no offense intended for anything that I said about not using all of the assets in the trailer. The main thought is after doing without in tent camping, these luxuries will be oh so sweet. And in a lot of places where we are going to be, the facilities in the trailer will be our only option. And we are also ordering options in the trailer that we probably won't use, but the next owner will. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:10 PM   #117

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We live in a lake cabin in Northern Wisconsin . We still have an outhouse (one holer ) and a outdoor shower which utilizes,lake water (cold showers only) The cabin is heated with wood which we cut ,split and stack. We only got the internet / cable TV in our area about a year ago.Thank you for allowing me to join the Brotherhood of Bottom Feeders ,I am sure I am in Good Company .
Do you keep a toilet seat behind the stove all warmed up and ready to take outside for use on the one holer? A warm seat is very much appreciated by all as I recall from my youth on the farm. Big trouble for the person who forgets to bring it in for the next use.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRietkerk View Post
Do you keep a toilet seat behind the stove all warmed up and ready to take outside for use on the one holer? A warm seat is very much appreciated by all as I recall from my youth on the farm. Big trouble for the person who forgets to bring it in for the next use.
What we use, is a piece of 1" rigid Styrofoam cut to the shape of a toilet seat on the inside. 1/10 of a second after the skin hits it, it warms right up.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #119

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I'm glad I kicked this thread into life again, even if it was just to relay a funny conversation I had.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #120

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:

Greg
Sorry Greg the half of this forum that use wash clothes won't associate with the other half that uses brushes...

Cheers Doug