Showers - how many use them? - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #121

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Sorry Greg the half of this forum that use wash clothes won't associate with the other half that uses brushes...

Cheers Doug
Haha!!!!! If this was the Casita forum, somebody would have a "mod" for washing their back that doubles as a TV antenna!
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #122

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
Not so fast sir! A hotdog in a bun with mayonnaise is just plain wrong!!!
Shades of Seinfeld. And who appointed you to be the "hot dog Nazi?"
No mayo for you!!!

But mayo on a hot dog.......yuk. Might as well have a BLP (bacon, lettuce, and peanut butter).
Old 11-19-2014, 09:35 PM   #123

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Getting back to showers, just how much water or what kind of pressure does the pump put out? I spent most of October in a motel with one of those water saving showerheads and was thinking to myself that this is probably about how the shower will be in the trailer.
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #124

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
When boon docking and using the pump you're thinking about conserving water, not water pressure. You just get wet, shut off the shower head, soap down, and rinse.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:42 PM   #125

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
When boon docking and using the pump you're thinking about conserving water, not water pressure. You just get wet, shut off the shower head, soap down, and rinse.
I've gotten nuts enough to time how long I run the shower head to see how little water I can use. Less than 2 gallons I think ......maybe.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:43 PM   #126
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Getting back to showers, just how much water or what kind of pressure does the pump put out? I spent most of October in a motel with one of those water saving showerheads and was thinking to myself that this is probably about how the shower will be in the trailer.
Loren, I agree with Glenn that it's not so much about the pressure of the shower as it is the amount of water you use. But, some folks here have replaced the stock showerhead with the Oxygenics one (or had ETI install it at the factory), which is supposed to make it feel like there's more water volume/pressure without actually using any more. Here's a couple of links on the forum that discuss it:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...view-1125.html

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...head-4491.html
Old 11-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #127

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Camco makes a nice replacement one too. It's smaller than the Oxygenics which we liked about it.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-20-2014, 07:59 AM   #128

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
My wife has long thick hair, and for rinsing it where water savings are wanted. I will hold the spray nozzle close to her head, while she uses two hands to rinse. Same will sponge baths where she washes her hair outside. I will slowly pour the rinse water out of the pot. Works great.

For myself..........a wee wipe with a cloth on my hairless dome works great, and makes me feel great.
I can still remember the days of having long hair....those days are gone.

My SAIT ID from 1982, when I was a wee 25 year old.
(yes, my first name is Dick)

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #129

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Looks like you're still rockin' the mutton chops though, Jim.
My university ID photo looks much the same.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #130

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
The average home shower in the US lasts 8.2 minutes and consumes 17.3 gallons of water
The average American consumes between 80 and 100 gallons of water per day
Between 17% and 30% of the water we use per day is for showering
Taking a typical home shower in my estimation is not practical in a small fiberglass trailer .I have often wondered how 2 people can shower twice a day ( Information from past posts on several fiberglass RV sites) in their trailer without full hookups or filling their water tank and dumping their grey tank daily. I am NOT criticizing anyone for using their onboard facilities but in my estimation showering in your trailer daily may create as many problems as it solves . I must admit that I have used our trailers outdoor shower (Rinsed Off) and let the water drain on the ground ,which again has it's'own set of issues
I do not think the shower in our trailers will ever approach the luxury of a long ,hot shower at home
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #131

Steve, my thought is that most folks who do use the shower in their Escape don't shower twice a day. My guess it that when they do use it, it is most probably like GBaglo and I have described - essentially using the shower head to make a sponge bath easier- a quick wet down, turn off the shower and use a wash cloth, etc to wash off, then a quick rinse off of the soap.

Unless, of course, you are at a campground with full hookups.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #132

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Shower Usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Steve, my thought is that most folks who do use the shower in their Escape don't shower twice a day. My guess it that when they do use it, it is most probably like GBaglo and I have described - essentially using the shower head to make a sponge bath easier- a quick wet down, turn off the shower and use a wash cloth, etc to wash off, then a quick rinse off of the soap.

Unless, of course, you are at a campground with full hookups.
We are part of a camping group of 5 couples . We have a small 17 ft trailer ,the rest of the group have trailer starting at 32 ft and going up from there . The women in the group shower twice a day in their trailers and even with their 80 gallon grey tanks have to dump every other day. The group seldom if ever camps at sites without full hookups . We end up going to KOA' s ,.We would rather camp at State / County Parks but since they want the home shower experience ,that never happens . I agree with you that if one took a Navy shower , the shower in our trailers would be fine . I am not sure that taking a Navy shower satisfies most people
or meets their definition of a shower. There is definitely a different mindset between fiberglass trailer owners and the owners of a $250,000 motorhome
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
There is definitely a different mindset between fiberglass trailer owners and the owners of a $250,000 motorhome
THAT's for sure!

Old 11-20-2014, 02:52 PM   #134
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
I do not think the shower in our trailers will ever approach the luxury of a long ,hot shower at home
It may if you have hookups, and a tankless water heater.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #135

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... Conserve water... try "Dry Cleaning". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #136

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I agree with Eric - while the average home shower is not reasonably sustainable when operating from tankage, there is no need to use the same method.

I think it's well established that if a resource is not limited or expensive, it will be wasted, and that when the same resource becomes limited, people are motivated to use much less... and are capable of doing so without unreasonable sacrifice.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #137

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
There is definitely a different mindset between fiberglass trailer owners and the owners of a $250,000 motorhome
Perhaps, and obviously the choice of RV reflects the expectations of the owner, but neither group can be fairly represented by a single stereotype.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #138

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
I've taken about 235 showers since this thread started...probably about 30 in my trailer...
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #139

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
I've taken about 235 showers since this thread started...probably about 30 in my trailer...
Yea, but who's counting!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:54 PM   #140

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0
8 minutes for a shower? Goodness, I'm surprised they don't drown! I live on a small island. Any whisper of someone taking a "long, hot shower" is likely to find a very angry community on the doorstep! Not to mention a "snarl" in the local paper :-)
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote