Showers - how many use them? - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #81
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
My great grandma had a wasp nest in one corner of her outhouse. Advice was "just don't bother them." We didn't dally in there!

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #82
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Hummm. I don't think I've answered up on this thread.

Owning an all molded towable that is fully-self-contained (FSC), do I "usually" use the shower. Not a chance. I prefer to keep all the moisture out of my trailer.

I learned to swim in a cattle trough... true story. Don't touch the sides, and don't put your feet down!

No matter how gross the shower house is, if the water is plentiful and hot... I'm good to go. I have shower shoes!

But, it's nice to know I have everything I need to shower inside Ten Forward, if needed.

As is said, better to have it and not need it than not to have it and need it.

YMMV.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #83

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We live in a lake cabin in Northern Wisconsin . We still have an outhouse (one holer ) and a outdoor shower which utilizes,lake water (cold showers only) The cabin is heated with wood which we cut ,split and stack. We only got the internet / cable TV in our area about a year ago.Thank you for allowing me to join the Brotherhood of Bottom Feeders ,I am sure I am in Good Company .
Sounds like our property, we have an outhouse to use there, and a 20x32 cookhouse with an old wood stove, and a propane heater (should we stay overnight during winter). We don't have internet or cable. There is a power line feeding a gas pump on the land, but we choose to use a gen set for the few times we want electricity. It is housed well away from the cookhouse, and we can't hear it, and barely when outside and nearer it.

You are a most welcome member of the BBF. Wear the badge with pride.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #84
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Bottom feeders are stellar. No expectations and happy with whatever hand is dealt. AND usually have a Plan B.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:53 PM   #85

Trailer: Escape 19 26/May/2014 Sold New trailer 2016 Bigfoot 25B21FB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hummm. I don't think I've answered up on this thread.

Owning an all molded towable that is fully-self-contained (FSC), do I "usually" use the shower. Not a chance. I prefer to keep all the moisture out of my trailer.

I learned to swim in a cattle trough... true story. Don't touch the sides, and don't put your feet down!

No matter how gross the shower house is, if the water is plentiful and hot... I'm good to go. I have shower shoes!

But, it's nice to know I have everything I need to shower inside Ten Forward, if needed.

As is said, better to have it and not need it than not to have it and need it.

YMMV.
I prefer to keep all the moisture out of my trailer. Danna I 100% agree with you on keeping out all the moisture you can. Like you said we too use shower shoes so don't have to worry about catching some kind of foot disease.

Mark & Karen Van Tiem 2014 Escape 19 sold, Now a Bigfoot 25B21FB Travel Trailer
markvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #86

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Nine pages and counting on taking showers. One thing you can say about Escape owners is we have to be the cleanest campers in the campground!
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:52 PM   #87

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
Nine pages on taking showers and counting. One thing you can say about Escape owners is we have to be the cleanest campers in the campground!
Yep! Every 3 or 4 days whether it's needed or not!
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #88
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
The shower is there because its designed to be used. If there are campground showers, I would probably use those because of the better supply of hot water. Either way, not a biggie.

Our trailer will not be a museum. It will get used.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #89

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
We do use the inside shower in our 19' and I am not at all concerned about moisture inside the trailer (the bathroom vent, windows, and Max-fan do a great job managing that). I do find that the bathroom is a bit small for a big guy, and I find it easier when showers are available at a campground to make use of those facilities. The outdoor shower on my 19' does provide more elbow room than the inside shower, but you do have to be a bit more daring to use it.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #90

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
The shower is there because its designed to be used. If there are campground showers, I would probably use those because of the better supply of hot water. Either way, not a biggie.

I thoroughly agree with this. If you do not use the toilet, stove, or shower, you might as well just pull a box behind you to sleep in. With a little bigger trailer you have room to live in it. Ours is definitely going to be used as built, weeks at a time. And the way winters are getting, it might be longer than that where there are palm trees. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:00 PM   #91

Quote:
Nine pages and counting on taking showers.
Not quite to the bottom of page 3 with my settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Just because we prefer to rarely use our shower, does not mean we don't use our trailer. It is just a matter of choosing what works best for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
If you do not use the toilet, stove, or shower, you might as well just pull a box behind you to sleep in.
Seriously? Because of the choices I prefer to make, you think I should sleep in a box? Just a thought, but maybe you could leave that up to me to decide, okay. I do like to have nice things to use, should we need them.

We all have our own preferences, mine is to enjoy the outdoors to the fullest extent possible, socialize with the people around me, and not to hole up in my trailer. Nothing wrong with either choice, everyone should do as they please. It is just that though.....a choice. I will use the toilet, stove, or shower, when necessary. Otherwise I CHOOSE to do what works best for me, expect everyone else to do the same, and not be slotted into a lesser category of camper because I do so.

Rant over. Even us bottom feeders have a bit of pride.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #92

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Nine pages and counting on taking showers. One thing you can say about Escape owners is we have to be the cleanest campers in the campground!
No big deal!
I think I counted 9 pages on 'paper towel holder' selections! At least it seemed like that!
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #93

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Jim,
I think you are correct and that several members here need to read BigFoot Mike's
Elegance of behavior" over on Fiberglass RV
Elegance of Behavior - Fiberglass RV
Old 11-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #94

I had forgotten about that. It is for the most part a well written post, and a good lesson in tolerance of others.

*and yes, even I need to be reminded too *
Old 11-19-2014, 03:58 PM   #95

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
...BigFoot Mike's
Love it.

Name:  2.4.gif
Views: 153
Size:  105.0 KB

One of my favorite things about this place has been, for the most part, people follow Mike's advice. I've seen the other side of the spectrum online and it ain't pretty!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:05 PM   #96
Site Team

I re-read the posts above, and for the life of me I can't find anyone being denegrated or thought of as a 'lesser camper'. It was a simple opinion. We all make different choices, and I wouldn't have it any other way. How boring life would be if everyone was the same.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #97

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Not quite to the bottom of page 3 with my settings.

Just because we prefer to rarely use our shower, does not mean we don't use our trailer. It is just a matter of choosing what works best for us.

Seriously? Because of the choices I prefer to make, you think I should sleep in a box? Just a thought, but maybe you could leave that up to me to decide, okay. I do like to have nice things to use, should we need them.

We all have our own preferences, mine is to enjoy the outdoors to the fullest extent possible, socialize with the people around me, and not to hole up in my trailer. Nothing wrong with either choice, everyone should do as they please. It is just that though.....a choice. I will use the toilet, stove, or shower, when necessary. Otherwise I CHOOSE to do what works best for me, expect everyone else to do the same, and not be slotted into a lesser category of camper because I do so.

Rant over. Even us bottom feeders have a bit of pride.
We have a kitchen in our trailer but choose to cook outside . We have a toilet in our trailer but choose to use the campground's facilities during the day . We have a shower in our trailer but choose to use the campground showers .We choose camp sites with electricity and do not dry camp . Each are our personal choices and reflect how we prefer to camp . That said; it does not make our choices anymore valid than anyone elses. Expressing one's personal preference is not a condemnation of other people's preferences . OFF MY SOAPBOX
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:07 PM   #98
Site Team

Well said.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #99

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Jim,
I think you are correct and that several members here need to read BigFoot Mike's
This is why Moderators close many threads. They start going in circles then someone drives it off into the ditch! In real life, we just walk out of the room.
Attached Images

Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #100

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Please take a moment and read the reference post in #93 Elegance of Behavior - Fiberglass RV
and try to follow it's doctrine.