Sink trap on 17A models - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2018, 02:17 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Sink trap on 17A models

I've been prepping our 17A for the next camping trip, and found that our sink drain was plugged. So, for the benefit of Escape A-model owners, here's what I found.
Under the sink is a small trap that then is connected to the flex hose that goes to the exterior hose connection to a drain bucket. The small trap is a J R Products 95195 "Exterior Evacuation Drain Trap". I removed it to clean it out, and found that I didn't have to. There are two phillips screws that hold the bottom half to the top. If you disconnect the flex drain hose and remove the two screws, the bottom of the drain trap can be removed for cleaning. It is a close fit, and can be rotated back and forth to assist sliding it off the top part. There is no seal; just a snug fit. (If it breaks, they're available for about $14 US). Here it is:
Attached Thumbnails
2018-05-15 11.16.33.jpg  
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:19 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 17a - now sold
Thank you for that info - we are getting ready to pick up our 17'A on Monday - and camping soon after. You saved us solving that mystery.
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Thanks! I will record that info in
My binder.

Don I picked up my 17A last thurs and have been in Lynden since then organiczing and reorganizing. Thanks so much for your kind assistance through the process. I hope to thank you in person someday.

I am over the moon with how it turned out—fabric, floo, and upholstery. I’ll send you some pics in message.