Teach me about toilets... - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Old 04-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #31
Hi: dbailey... I get a little flushed at the thoughts of toilets. Having been left standing in a piddle at the dump stn. wasn't on my bucket list...but I survived. Wasn't the trailers fault!!! No sewer donut in the world would have held back "Vesuvius". As I've said before you can't jump backwards while crouched down!!!
The older I get, the more aware of towing my own, I am!!! In an emergency all the dumping you have to take care of is worth it!!!
We have yet to use either shower we have...but next winter we plan on being in an RV Pk. in Ft. Myers Beach for 2 months, and that will change everything.
Camping styles have a habit of changing faster than you change fiberglass trailers. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #32
Trailer: 2012 Escape 15
We seem to have read a post by Donna D. at least once " different strokes for different folks " , couldn't agree more . We've had trailers with and without bathrooms . The 15A 's roominess was more appealing to our needs and wants than the bath in the 15B ( the steps to the portapotty are the same as to the bathroom).
We really don't have any concerns about resale value in a trailer this size without a bathroom , there are surely plenty of people who would want this set up - after all they do make and sell 15As as well as 17As , actually somewhere there is a thread with someone having viewed a 19 with a portapotty in a closet . Would be interesting to know whether there are more 15As or 15Bs sold . We like this size of trailer ,very roomy the 15A ..... way less work to empty the portapotty ( no tank cleaning ) and as for not wanting to walk it over to the bathrooms ... well ....... we all walk ourselves over to the bathrooms ! We tow with a Liberty (with factory tow package -5000# cap. 500# Hw ) and would not like to tow anything bigger or heavier - we mostly head for the hills and the Liberty wheelbase ( in our opinion ) would not be good for anything close to it's listed cap.
Having said that if we were to want a 17 or larger we would probably want that bathroom in there - seems to us - it might have a greater impact on resale value there . However if we were able to go south for several months in winter we'd likely want the new 21 ( only because of hot weather ) which would mean bigger vehicle as well - maybe Jeep Commander or Cherokee ( or maybe a truck ) . Just our thoughts ......

All things in life are easier to swallow with a good cup of tea .....
gabeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #33
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
I suspect that those who are relating the resale ease/difficulty without a bathroom to the size of the trailer are on to something. I would guess that somebody in the market for a small trailer isn't expecting to have a bathroom, while somebody looking for a larger trailer is expecting to have a bathroom. For 15' and smaller, you're probably safe (resale-wise) without the bathroom. 19' and bigger, it seems the market wants a bathroom.

The question is up in the air for 17', but I observed when trying to find a 17A to take a look at that they are a lot rarer than 17Bs -- that must mean something.

I was happy going without a bathroom. Would have been happy in a 19 without a bathroom. But, the wife had her say, and we settled on the 19 with a bathroom. And a queen-sized bed -- that had more to do with the decision.

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2012 Nissan Frontier
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #34
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner
Doug, my thoughts, too. I would be shocked if most 19's, and 17's, don't have baths. As for the 15's, I wonder if it's more even and also the 13's, of course. And, yes, if it's a must-have for at least one, it's going to be there, that or you will no doubt hear a lot of griping.

Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote