Water-saving shower heads? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2018, 05:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Water-saving shower heads?

I've read the forum threads concerning replacement shower heads. I didn't see a comment if any of those mentioned have a water saving feature. I'm trying to extend the time between dumps of my gray water tank. Does anyone have any info on water-saving shower heads that would work in my trailer? Thanks.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:51 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I've read the forum threads concerning replacement shower heads. I didn't see a comment if any of those mentioned have a water saving feature. I'm trying to extend the time between dumps of my gray water tank. Does anyone have any info on water-saving shower heads that would work in my trailer? Thanks.
Mike the oxgenics cut our usage in half . 2 adults 2gal from 4 gal per showers .We also use them at home showers because we have to watch water use . We bought the white for trailer . Chrome for home . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Mike the oxgenics cut our usage in half . 2 adults 2gal from 4 gal per showers .We also use them at home showers because we have to watch water use . We bought the white for trailer . Chrome for home . Pat
When the trailer moves we wrap in small towel and hang on sink pipe . Doesn't move a bit
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0446.jpg  
Old 08-24-2018, 06:23 PM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I put on one of the Oxygenetics too, sort of fits the stock hanger. I just wanted one that have a good shutoff on the head, which the RV one does.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I put on one of the Oxygenetics too, sort of fits the stock hanger. I just wanted one that have a good shutoff on the head, which the RV one does.
They are excellent . At home had to get a better shut off because of the daily use . Found a brass chrome one on Amazon . Pat
Old 08-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Going the other way, I carry a standard, non water saving showered in my shaving bag, and have been known to temporarily replace a water saver in a campground shower if the water saver has so fine a spray that the water is cold by the time it hits you...

I did put a Oxygenetics shower head in my 17, but it was heavy enough that I had to keep it in the sink after it fell off the wall mount a few times. Other than that, it was great!
Old 08-24-2018, 07:22 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Handed the Oxygenetics shower head to Escape and they installed it before we left the factory. This is the one to get..But when traveling, I put it in the sink as it bounces out of the holder. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:27 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Thanks to all. Just what I needed to know.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Handed the Oxygenetics shower head to Escape and they installed it before we left the factory. This is the one to get..But when traveling, I put it in the sink as it bounces out of the holder. Loren
Loren I put ours in a little towel and it fits right over the sink pipes . It never has fallen going down the road . Pat
Old 02-12-2020, 07:22 PM   #10

Trailer: 2019 Newell Coach p50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I've read the forum threads concerning replacement shower heads. I didn't see a comment if any of those mentioned have a water saving feature. I'm trying to extend the time between dumps of my gray water tank. Does anyone have any info on water-saving and good pressure shower heads that would work in my trailer? Thanks.
AquaDance shower head is not only a shower head with pressure boosting function, but also a shower head with water saving function. The water pressure inside the main pipe is good and it sets the rain and fog just right. They provide enough pressure to make you really feel clean after scrubbing the soap, but not too much pressure. The water saving pause function did save me some water bills.
elieliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Loren I put ours in a little towel and it fits right over the sink pipes . It never has fallen going down the road . Pat
Made another change for the long Oxygentics shower head . Made a a aluminum bracket for travel . Some of the bumpy roads , the shower head started to end up on the floor . Pat
Old 02-12-2020, 11:08 PM   #12

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Purchased an Oxgenics for our 5.0. Before removing the stock shower head from ETI I filled our 2 gallon water bucket we use for coffee water for 45 seconds. Installed the Oxgenics and ran it for 45 seconds. It filled the water bucket to the exact same spot. NO DIFFERENCE! Took the Oxgenics off, put the ETI shower head back on and guess what: the ETI filled the bucket in 45 seconds to the same spot. Switched heads again and again the Oxgenics filled to the same spot. Ours doesn't save even an ounce of water!

The Oxgenics does have a slightly better shutoff and looks pretty, so it is still installed.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 02-13-2020, 12:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Purchased an Oxgenics for our 5.0. Before removing the stock shower head from ETI I filled our 2 gallon water bucket we use for coffee water for 45 seconds. Installed the Oxgenics and ran it for 45 seconds. It filled the water bucket to the exact same spot. NO DIFFERENCE! Took the Oxgenics off, put the ETI shower head back on and guess what: the ETI filled the bucket in 45 seconds to the same spot. Switched heads again and again the Oxgenics filled to the same spot. Ours doesn't save even an ounce of water!

The Oxgenics does have a slightly better shutoff and looks pretty, so it is still installed.

Enjoy,

Perry
Something just doesn’t seem right . We have to conserve water or get penalized at home . Have those shower heads installed at home too. We use 1/2 the water each taking shower every night . Works for us . Pat. One post here number 3 on one shower at home .
Old 02-13-2020, 04:54 AM   #14

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Something just doesn’t seem right . We have to conserve water or get penalized at home . Have those shower heads installed at home too. We use 1/2 the water each taking shower every night . Works for us . Pat. One post here number 3 on one shower at home .
The major reason we purchased the Oxgenics was to conserve water. It didn't happen. The test was rather simple and reliable.

I do like the way the Oxgenics shuts off vs the cheap ETI supplied shower head though. Perhaps I shouldn't have tested the two. Ignorance is bliss!

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 02-13-2020, 10:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
The major reason we purchased the Oxgenics was to conserve water. It didn't happen. The test was rather simple and reliable.

I do like the way the Oxgenics shuts off vs the cheap ETI supplied shower head though. Perhaps I shouldn't have tested the two. Ignorance is bliss!

Enjoy,

Perry
In our real world when boondocking , watching our water use , when we go from 4 1/2 gal use a day , because 2 taking a shower everyday down to 2 1/2 gal a day that is our real test of our Oxygenics shower head . We only have a 20 gal fresh tank in our trailer so we monitor our water use very carefully everyday.
At home we are on water restrictions so also very carefully watch our water use . Putting in Oxygenics shower heads in the 2 baths really helped cut down our water use . Being we aren’t on a 20 gal water tank just know by the water bill use going down in a home of 46 years .
The trailer fresh tank use is our test .
Pat
Old 02-13-2020, 11:46 AM   #16

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I’m getting same results as Pat with the Oxygenics. I shower every day at Quartzsite for a week.(I’m sure some are glad to know that) Before the change I’d have to dump the grey about day 5, last two years with the Oxygenics, the grey tank has made it the whole week.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
I’m getting same results as Pat with the Oxygenics. I shower every day at Quartzsite for a week.(I’m sure some are glad to know that) Before the change I’d have to dump the grey about day 5, last two years with the Oxygenics, the grey tank has made it the whole week.
Hey Greg , Must have the same shower head to get same results ! Thank goodness ! Pat
Old 02-13-2020, 04:02 PM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Are there different models of the Oxgenics and that's why some can save water and others can't?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Are there different models of the Oxgenics and that's why some can save water and others can't?
Donna we have the long handle shower , I think original , There is a shorter one that adjusts but am not familiar with that one . Maybe there is ? Pat
Old 02-13-2020, 06:51 PM   #20

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Is it possible that the Oxygenics shower head has better pressure so you don't need it turned on as much as the stock shower head? meaning that at full on it uses as much water as the stock head but has a lot more pressure so you don't need full on?

I note that Oxygenics has 2 models of shower heads specifically for RV use.
Mark B1 is offline   Reply With Quote