Water tank overflow - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2016, 03:07 AM   #41

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I know it's come up before, but everyone does use pressure regulators, right?
Old 06-26-2016, 05:59 AM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Pressure regulators are only beneficial with cg water supply, your on board pressure is controlled by your pump. Operating properly it is not necessary to turn on/off every use, the pump should operate itself based upon pressure, on and off. If not in use for an extended period or absence, I'd turn off the pump switch, but while the switch is on it should be fine. There is an accumulator tank which when added will cut down on your pump cycling on/off time intervals if wanted.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:35 AM   #43

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Please keep posted on your pump because the shurflo are junk . If you have luck with this one will change . Pat
My experience with a 2013 Shurflo is that it works fine. Does that mean they are all good? Probably not, but saying they are worthless based on a few very small sample size is really of little value.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:56 AM   #44

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Pressure Regulators

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I know it's come up before, but everyone does use pressure regulators, right?
Pump problems notwithstanding, pressure regulators when connected to a campground water supply insure that excessive standing pressure or spikes in the line pressure will not
damage the lines in the camper. I have encountered pressures in excess of 100 PSI. While I feel it is irresponsible to provide those excessive pressures on a system feeding campers, it does exist and a pressure regulator at the hose bib can and eventually will protect your camper. I usually check the provided water pressure with a gauge when I hook up but that's no gaurantee that a spike may not occur when you least
expect it. Camping essentials: gauge, regulator, toilet shutoff valve.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:15 AM   #45

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
My experience with a 2013 Shurflo is that it works fine. Does that mean they are all good? Probably not, but saying they are worthless based on a few very small sample size is really of little value.
Sorry our experience . Let's see been using pressure regulators for over 30 years on RV's so you tell me . Interesting side note except for internal regulator on pump nothing external for my 22 year old Shurflo pump . Hmmmm Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:47 AM   #46

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Pump problems notwithstanding, pressure regulators when connected to a campground water supply insure that excessive standing pressure or spikes in the line pressure will not
damage the lines in the camper. I have encountered pressures in excess of 100 PSI. While I feel it is irresponsible to provide those excessive pressures on a system feeding campers, it does exist and a pressure regulator at the hose bib can and eventually will protect your camper. I usually check the provided water pressure with a gauge when I hook up but that's no gaurantee that a spike may not occur when you least
expect it. Camping essentials: gauge, regulator, toilet shutoff valve.
Dave
Gregg if we are boondocking need to be careful with water . So pump is off most of the time. We mostly use fresh water for showers , that is when pump is on . Toilet you can use water if you have any from dishes , water from ice chest etc. Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:05 PM   #47

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Although a pressure regulator is only used with an external water supply, it is still relevant to the water pump, because it can prevent excessive pressure from damaging the pump's valves.

Our motorhome has a SHURflo pump - model 2088-422-144, from the now-obsolete Classic series, for which repair kits are still available. It is on almost all of the time, is used regularly for months at a time, and has never had an issue. It pulls water up from a tank outlet which is 30 to 40 centimetres below the pump inlet, and across the RV. It has the inlet filter, which has not leaked. It's installed incorrectly (discharges directly into PEX instead of into flex hose) so it's noisy, but it works fine. Some Shurflo pumps certainly fail, and some models may be junk, but mine works fine.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water system weirdness