wfco converter battery charge amps out - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Old 02-28-2015, 09:15 PM   #11
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
The Blue Sky was an original install, it did not replace a Go Power controller. Also, I choose to install the unit inside the curbside dinette. I had the Trimetric battery monitor surface mounted by Escape where it was eye level so did not need to read the display of the Blue Sky. I will say the Blue Sky display is a pretty good one and there is nothing wrong with using it as a standalone battery monitor and skip the Trimetric, the draw back of any solar controller is it should be mounted within three feet of the battery. That means bending over or on the 19 mounting it low on the driver side dinette so you can view it when opening the outside door.

The Blue Sky takes an opening of 4.63" W x 3.61" H, unfortunately Go Power provides a printed template to make the cut for the opening, there are no dimensions. I measured the printed template and had 6 1/16" W x 3 13/16" H, so too big an opening. However, Blue Sky sells a mounting box for their unit to cover an existing large cut out and then surface mount the Sun Charger 30. It would cover the opening properly.
Ah, now I remember seeing your earlier post and this photo. Thanks for the info.

"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote