What was the Solar Ready option - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-09-2015, 11:45 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Salinas, California
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19, 2007 Tacoma 4X4 V6 tow package
Posts: 57
What was the Solar Ready option

Just checked with ETI and Crystal said they no longer offer the 'Solar Ready' option.

Anyone get this before? I'm wondering exactly what was included/done for that option. If model specific I'm mostly wondering about the 19.

I'll be modding some kind of solar in future and just wondering for reference now.

Thanks,
Jeff
__________________

Jeff in Salinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:51 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
santacruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 686
I believe they ran the wiring from where the controller would be located to where they would feed through the roof to the panel, and from the controller to where the battery/batteries would be located.
__________________

__________________
2009 Tacoma Crew Cab, TRD 4WD
2007 Tundra Double Cab TRD 4WD
2014 Escape 19
2007 Norwegian Elkhound "Baxter"
santacruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Federal Way, Washington
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21/ 09 2015
Posts: 75
What if it is still included in a pending build sheet for 2015 delivery?
luckyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
santacruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 686
You're asking the wrong people, you need to go to ETI to find out what they're doing.
__________________
2009 Tacoma Crew Cab, TRD 4WD
2007 Tundra Double Cab TRD 4WD
2014 Escape 19
2007 Norwegian Elkhound "Baxter"
santacruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:54 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Salinas, California
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19, 2007 Tacoma 4X4 V6 tow package
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyone View Post
What if it is still included in a pending build sheet for 2015 delivery?
Good question and probably only ETI can answer that. If they are dropping it I'd guess unless the build list is locked in they might not but...?
Jeff in Salinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:28 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 3,818
1 year ago it was 2 single conductor cables run from the location of the battery (under the dinette in the 5.0TA) through the roof to the area where ETI normally installs the solar panel. The roof end is terminated with MC4 connectors, the battery area end was just cut off cables. Looks like #10 solar cable.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Salinas, California
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19, 2007 Tacoma 4X4 V6 tow package
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
1 year ago it was 2 single conductor cables run from the location of the battery (under the dinette in the 5.0TA) through the roof to the area where ETI normally installs the solar panel. The roof end is terminated with MC4 connectors, the battery area end was just cut off cables. Looks like #10 solar cable.
I was wondering if something basic like that. I can potentially run that myself at some point if can get wires pulled. For the 19 it would have to be from front storage box all the way back to rear.

Wonder why they don't offer that anymore. Probably with all the recent issue about panels coming off and them redesigning how mounting panels. May just not want any involvement unless they do the whole job?

Jeff
Jeff in Salinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:51 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Posts: 997
I have seen time and time again that the best results are achieved when all options are added during the original build. If you are contemplating a solar panel in the future, have it installed when it is built and be finished with it. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:06 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 3,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in Salinas View Post
I was wondering if something basic like that. I can potentially run that myself at some point if can get wires pulled. For the 19 it would have to be from front storage box all the way back to rear.

Wonder why they don't offer that anymore. Probably with all the recent issue about panels coming off and them redesigning how mounting panels. May just not want any involvement unless they do the whole job?

Jeff
You want them run from the location of the solar controller to the panel/s. The last 19 I looked at the controller was in the dinette bench. You'd then need another pair of correctly sized cables from the controller to the batteries, or maybe they pick up the battery leads at the converter.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Salinas, California
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19, 2007 Tacoma 4X4 V6 tow package
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
I have seen time and time again that the best results are achieved when all options are added during the original build. If you are contemplating a solar panel in the future, have it installed when it is built and be finished with it. Loren
For most things I am doing that. For solar that was why I looked into the solar ready option.

I've been messing with solar for years, experiments etc before I did panels on my own house. I have several extra panels (some small some large) sitting around I could use, I like controllers other than the one they are putting in, plus have a Trimetric monitor I'll put in myself.

Probably end up doing a portable setup. Even considering doing something similar to what RVSue did with a panel on the TV

Jeff
__________________

Jeff in Salinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.