Why is there water? - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-15-2016, 01:44 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Vicki A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
Posts: 405
Why is there water?

Was going to put in a new kitchen faucet today and got a big surprise....!

I am NOT connected to water, there is some in the FW tank, but the pump is NOT on.
I turn on the water to release any possible pressure and water just flows out like I'm hooked up?!

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I'm so confused!

I didn't have time to stay, but I did open the fresh tank and it was draining when I left. Guess I'll recheck tomorrow.

Thanks for any enlightenment you can share.
__________________

Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:17 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 3,290
Wow, you've got a situation every boon docker dreams of.

But seriously, there ain't no free lunch. How long did you leave the faucet open? It's quite normal for some water to flow out because the system holds pressure.

The only way I can see that water would continue to flow is if the tank itself was pressurized. That shouldn't be possible because the overflow vent should prevent that.

It is a bit of puzzle but I presume that now that you've drained the water we'll all have to wait until you've installed your new faucet to see if you still have a magic water source.

Ron
__________________

Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:06 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,589
Ron has it right Vicki. There was enough pressure to force it out. It'll dissipate quick if you let it run.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:29 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 5,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki A. View Post
Was going to put in a new kitchen faucet today and got a big surprise....!

I am NOT connected to water, there is some in the FW tank, but the pump is NOT on.
I turn on the water to release any possible pressure and water just flows out like I'm hooked up?!

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I'm so confused!

I didn't have time to stay, but I did open the fresh tank and it was draining when I left. Guess I'll recheck tomorrow.

Thanks for any enlightenment you can share.
Hi: Vicki A... There's also a back flow valve at the freshwater inlet. It's behind the washer/screen. It holds water in the system so it doesn't mix with the CG. water system. In order to completely drain you must push in the plunger of that back flow valve. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:13 PM   #5
Member
 
Nindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Liberty, Missouri
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose"
Posts: 95
Ha! That's funny. Same thing happened to me last Friday when I was getting ready to leave on a trip. I pondered it a while then filled up the tank and left. Was really strange to see water just flowing out without the pump on! Thanks for the explanation!
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:31 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindy View Post
Was really strange to see water just flowing out without the pump on!
We always have our water pump turned off overnight. Allows for a bit of water use without having the pump come on.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:29 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Vicki A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Vicki A... There's also a back flow valve at the freshwater inlet. It's behind the washer/screen. It holds water in the system so it doesn't mix with the CG. water system. In order to completely drain you must push in the plunger of that back flow valve. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Thanks Alf, that worked!

Hint....do NOT stand in front of the valve when doing this, it's like a fire hose coming out.
Not that I would personally know
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:16 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 5,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki A. View Post
Thanks Alf, that worked!

Hint....do NOT stand in front of the valve when doing this, it's like a fire hose coming out.
Not that I would personally know
Hi: Vicki A... Glad it worked as it should. Sorry I should have warned about the "Fire hose effect". Hope you were wearing non shrinkable clothes!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________

__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.