Alabama to Chilliwack - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2015, 11:51 AM   #1

Trailer: na
Alabama to Chilliwack

Greetings Everyone
We finally made it to Chilliwack after driving more than 3200 miles from Alabama. We had a great trip following the I40/I5 route. The only snow we drove through was over the Siskiyou Pass. We crossed into Canada yesterday and had no problems at the border. We told the border agent that we were going to Chilliwack to pick up a travel trailer. He looked at us incredulously and asked if we had driven from Alabama to Canada for a trailer. We replied that it was fun and an adventure. He then asked us a couple of more questions and we were done. That was the easiest and quickest crossing we’ve had.

We pick up our Escape 19 Tuesday and have driving lessons Wednesday. We plan to wander around the Olympic Peninsula for a couple of weeks and then spend Christmas with family in Vancouver. After the New Year, we plan to drive back to the States and drive along the Oregon coast and then through the Southwest. We plan to be back in Alabama by mid-February so we can take care of our bees before the Spring build-up.

We’ve been reading this forum for at least a year and we’d like to thank all of you for your opinions, knowledge and experiences. We’ve learned so much and have felt so prepared on this trip. Heck, we even knew where to stop in Bellingham for supplies! We’d also like to thank all of you who showed us your trailers in Tennessee this past Spring and Summer.

All the best and see you down the road,
Kirk and Connie
Kapat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:58 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Congrats on the new trailer. I'd say have a good trip but I know you will.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:23 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Kirk and Connie,
We just got back and had a window in the weather both directions. May you be so blessed. Have a great time with the new 19!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:27 PM   #4

Trailer: 5.0TA
Kirk and Connie,
Congrats on the new trailer, you must have had the same border guard as us when we crossed last week as he asked the same question and was also surprised that we drove from Arizona just to pick up a trailer. Good luck with the trailer and have a great trip home. Dan
oilhead is offline   Reply With Quote