Best Route: Bellinham to Osoyoos - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Old 02-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #31
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
One small consideration might be crossing back into Canada, especially if the trailer isn't fully licensed. Border guards are only human and there seems to be quite a variation in their attitudes and abilities to deal with people. I don't think there is any right or wrong aspect to which road route to take. But, the Sumas crossing folks are much more likely to be familiar with the Escape situation that other crossings than might think it strange that a trailer, maybe not fully licensed, is trying to cross back into Canada.

So, all other things being more or less equal, I guess if it was me I'd cross at Sumas. If there's any issues to deal with better to find out sooner than later. And, after towing the unit for an hour or so, if any issues turn up, help is close by.

Two very good points, Ron. Florida is one of the states that allow you to register a trailer that is in another location and hasn't been picked up yet. Since I already have a tag, it will be a "transfer." An expensive one since I expect the transfer fee, application for title, and sales tax will be somewhere around $2,500.

And hopefully there won't be any issues with the new trailer. When I picked up my Scamp, I hung around Minnesota for a few days for that very reason.

2015 F150 2.7 EcoBoost (Big Spot)
2015 5.0TA (Little Elsie)
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote