Bozeman, Montana - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2015, 09:08 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Bozeman, Montana

We stayed in Sunrise Campground -- it is a typical private campground, but the owners are accommodating, pleasant, and the place is very well cared for. Laundry and showers are good -- plentiful hot water, places to put soap, shampoo, towels, etc. It was convenient to downtown -- you could practically (but not quite) walk. If train or highway noises bother you, this would not be your place, but we were fine with it. We stayed here because of the wedding we were attending --

And if you go to Bozeman, try out Norris Hot Springs -- abouat 40 minutes away. Outdoors, clean, unchlorinated natural hot springs -- lots of atmosphere but I think weekend evenings get a little crowded.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:57 AM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
We stayed in Sunrise Campground -- it is a typical private campground, but the owners are accommodating, pleasant, and the place is very well cared for.
Being new to camping and all that, what exactly is meant by "typical private campground"? As opposed to what? Thanks
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:24 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Being new to camping and all that, what exactly is meant by "typical private campground"? As opposed to what? Thanks
To me that means is more of a parking lot type setup, as opposed to nice sites carved out of a forest. Usually does not have a place of natural beauty right by them, as most provincial/state/national parks do.

That said, they usually have good facilities.

Lots of differences in them though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:28 AM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
A private campground is a place where you have to duck to walk between trailers or you'll smack your head on the slide-outs.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:31 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:51 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
That looks familiar.....nice truck
Old 07-20-2015, 11:52 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
It certainly does.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:59 AM   #8
rfs

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Boseman

Kinda like a Filet Mignon nestled between two ten pound tubes of 73% Hamburger. That's how I felt on the beachfront campground at Grand Haven MI last fall and that was even a state park facility. We like corps of engineers facilities, bureau of land reclamation and U.S. Forest service sites most of the time.
Dave
rfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:44 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Ditto that Dave- we get into tent sites!
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:50 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Ignoring what is along side of you, I would say the view out your back window looks pretty good. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #11
rfs

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
I have to admit though, two of our best friends have a pace arrow motor home and they are very good campers . And he drinks good whiskey and brings the firewood.
Dave
rfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #12

A picture of our trailer

Finally got around to posting this. If you notice, the way the RV next to us is parked, we shared that tiny piece of lawn --- each day there were new people, so mostly it didn't matter, but a couple of times it was weird to have the picnic tables on the same piece of grass, without even the pretense of privacy. But it was fine -- better than staying in a hotel.
Attached Thumbnails
Campground.jpg  
Old 08-09-2015, 06:41 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I hope you were not charged a lot for that site.....
Old 08-09-2015, 06:58 PM   #14

I think it was $30/night. There was no choice really. There was a KOA about 10 miles out of town and it got poor reviews from other campers. This place was totally convenient and clean -- it served its pupose.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:05 PM   #15
T&R

Trailer: "Olaf" 2015 21'..... 2015 Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Finally got around to posting this. If you notice, the way the RV next to us is parked, we shared that tiny piece of lawn ---
I hate to state the obvious but based on your picture it looks like you are the one facing the wrong way!
T&R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:21 PM   #16

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Finally got around to posting this. If you notice, the way the RV next to us is parked, we shared that tiny piece of lawn --- each day there were new people, so mostly it didn't matter, but a couple of times it was weird to have the picnic tables on the same piece of grass, without even the pretense of privacy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T&R View Post
I hate to state the obvious but based on your picture it looks like you are the one facing the wrong way!
Those appear to be pull-through sites (not surprising that some had Class A motorhomes with toads in them), so the direction is determined by the services. I don't see a service pedestal on the Escape's passenger/curb side (although it could be behind the tree), and there are two tables there, so it looks like perhaps they only put services every second site and expect users to alternate directions to line up with them - sharing a service pedestal on one side and sharing a table area on the other side. This can work, and saves cost in setting up the campground, but it is at least quite unusual. I wouldn't want to share the table side.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:23 PM   #17
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Finally got around to posting this. If you notice, the way the RV next to us is parked, we shared that tiny piece of lawn --- each day there were new people, so mostly it didn't matter, but a couple of times it was weird to have the picnic tables on the same piece of grass, without even the pretense of privacy. But it was fine -- better than staying in a hotel.
Clean sheets and no bed bugs!

Years ago, I was camped in an RV resort (lots of green grass, etc.) but pretty much shared a table space with the neighbors. They had a HUGE moho, more slides and tires then I'd ever want to deal with. I made a memory. It was HOT that weekend and my Scamp didn't have A/C, but those folk's parked next to me were craving someone to talk to... we spent hours in our shared space. For what they spent on their PREVOST motorhome, I could have purchased a dozen brand-new all-molded towables.

That weekend let me know, not to judge people based on the size of their RV. It goes both ways.
Attached Thumbnails
Scamp1.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:28 PM   #18

We pulled in the way they told us to. The services were on the driver side -- same with the RV. We'd had no hookups for two weeks -- and honestly hot showers and clean laundry were high on my list of priorities, especially since we were going to places where people were not in camping clothes.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:04 PM   #19

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
We pulled in the way they told us to. The services were on the driver side -- same with the RV..
Thanks So the sites are set up for alternating directions, to save the campground installation cost on services and space between the sites.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:10 AM   #20

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
The camp ground I was just at was super tight too we also were practically sharing a picnic table I was lucky that they were very nice and their kids fell in love with one of my dogs. But next time I stay in that camp I will ask for a site in the back along the tree line.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote