CA to Chilliwack to CA My 19 trip - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
All the places I've been, I'm very impressed with the Chilliwack area. Very picturesque. Love how the clouds hang over the mountain tops. Beautiful. Me and my Escape 19 will hopefully see many more sites.

Cultus Lake is a wonderful 1000 trails campsite. Spent my first 2 days there. They also are a Passport America site too. Around 100 sites along a passive stream and close to Cultus Lake, it's worth a stay.

Bridal Falls is a beautiful campsite. Well maintained, laid out and over 200 spaces, many with 6' hedges between sites. Most have full hookups and plenty of things to do. The pool is very nice too. Only drawback is it's kinda pricy. Even charge a loonie (Canadian $1 coin) for a shower. Recommended park though. Attached pics are from Bridal Falls.

Tomorrow we leave for Silverlake, WA for the next 2 days.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0200.jpg   DSCN0199.jpg   DSCN0201.jpg  

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
A use for the microwave anyway.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
I enjoy the humour !!!

As someone without pets. I've had to endure hours of yapping dogs in the next trailer when they've been left and I suppose are experiencing "separation anxiety."also yapping dogs that get territorial about their trailer site which they somehow think extends onto ours.

But I suppose enough ranting about pets. I do like Gbagao's sense of humour
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:09 PM   #24

I've had several cats and don't any more. I'm a dog kinda guy that likes to go for walks and hikes for exercise as my doctor suggested. Very hard to take a cat for a hike.

As with babies, kids, dogs, cats, inlaws, and many other types of family, you'll have run-ins occasionally. It's all part of life I guess. As long as you're camping, it's all good for the most part. Focus your attention on the fun stuff.

Mark
Old 06-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I repeat.
Last year my buddy tied his Brittany Spaniel to an awning arm by a 30' rope.
Dog spots bird. 'BIRD, BIRD BIRD' and runs full tilt until he was out of rope. Dog didn't suffer any damage, but the awning arm was bent and had to be straightened out before it could be closed.
Don't do that.
OK, a Brittany Spaniel I grant you. What about this little one?
Attached Thumbnails
coco.jpg  
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:22 PM   #26

Best keep an eye out for eagles.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #27

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Glad to learn you and the boyz are having a good time. Thanks for the pictures and the information. Those are good things to know about that area and I'm sure there are some people who are new to the area up that way that will find it useful.
What mods are you thinking about? Mosquito repellents?
Old 06-29-2014, 12:30 AM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Most of the time one of us will sty and the other will leave. If we both must go we either take the dogs with us or leave them in the trailer, closed up with the a/c on and tell a neighbor. If the power goes out, they will call mx and we will will go home. Never left them for more than 2-3 hours max in that scenario.
That's the best option. Just use a little common sense.
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:35 AM   #29

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Sounds useful for Guinness the dog too
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:28 PM   #30

Trailer: 2014 E21
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
Not sure if your dog would like being on a leash, but one of the things we had Reace do on the Lark was to weld a small loop on the back of the frame where we an attach a long rope that prevents Murphy-the-Dog from escaping. It is useful, especially when we are setting up or taking down.
We asked for the same thing this past winter. Wouldn't do it. Will get it done down the road.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #31

I don't understand why you need the loop welded to the frame.
You can tie a loop in the rope and attach a carabiner. Run the rope around the frame two or three times ( carabiner end ) and hook the carabiner on the rope.

Option I use is to tie on to the mushroom anchor that I use in my canoe and pontoon boats. I have a 5 lb. and another heavier one. I can drop the anchor wherever I need it to be.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #32

Hey,

I use Gbaglo's method though I use this Bungie Trailer Tie Valley Vet Supply (Supplies Tack - Halters Leads - Trailer Cross Ties)
To a stainless carabiner http://www.diversdirect.com/scuba-di...ner-with-lock/ to a cable rated for more weight then the dog by atleast 20 lbs. The bungie takes up the shock when hitting the end of the line so no injury to necks, backs etc especially on older dogs. It is rated for a horse so the chances of anything smaller then a mastiff breaking it are slim. If you have a mastiff use this Smittybilt Products Receiver Hitch w/ D Ring 2" Black on the TUG emergency brake set wheels chocked and front wheels turned ROFL :}}

Cypher

Cypher
Cypherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #33

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post
If you have a mastiff use this Smittybilt Products Receiver Hitch w/ D Ring 2" Black on the TUG emergency brake set wheels chocked and front wheels turned ROFL :}}
Although it would work well, those things are really heavy, consisting mostly of a 2"x2" solid steel bar. The safety chain loops should be plenty strong for even that mastiff.

Since the tug is usually heavier than the trailer (in the case of an Escape), and sits on two widely spaced axles, it seems to me like a better base than the trailer... as long as you're not driving anywhere!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Although it would work well, those things are really heavy, consisting mostly of a 2"x2" solid steel bar. The safety chain loops should be plenty strong for even that mastiff.

Since the tug is usually heavier than the trailer (in the case of an Escape), and sits on two widely spaced axles, it seems to me like a better base than the trailer... as long as you're not driving anywhere!
I was joking a bit Brian :} you are correct though, a 5/16" Carabiner in the safety loop attached to a cable will hold any dog. A 1/4" would hold but I like the larger one for the days the hands and fingers are not functioning well or the weather is not playing nice. As for forgetting and driving off simple chock the rear wheels :}

Cypher
Cypherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #35

These mushroom anchors come from 8 to 20 lbs ( $20 to $35 ). You can place it wherever you and the dog happen to be ( unlike the trailer ).
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2014-06-29 at 3.08.56 PM.png  
Old 06-29-2014, 10:37 PM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I don't understand why you need the loop welded to the frame.
You can tie a loop in the rope and attach a carabiner. Run the rope around the frame two or three times ( carabiner end ) and hook the carabiner on the rope.

Option I use is to tie on to the mushroom anchor that I use in my canoe and pontoon boats. I have a 5 lb. and another heavier one. I can drop the anchor wherever I need it to be.
We didn't really need one, but when we ordered our first trailer we didn't understand much about travel trailers in general, let alone Escape Trailers. So we asked Reace if he could weld a little loop on the frame, and he obliged us.

That said, it has proven to be useful. Murphy-the-Dog has two ropes, one about 8' long and the other about 15' long, each with a carabiner on them. When we are doing something outside, we just snap the carabiner over the loop, and then he can watch us do whatever we are doing. We probably could loop the rope through the steps, or through some other part of the frame, but this is quick and easy to fasten and unfasten. Especially nice when we are getting hitched up, since the last thing we do is un-snap Murphy's rope, stow it in the passenger side hatch, and put Murphy in the car.

I haven't asked for a loop on our new trailer. But given the number of times that we have used this one, I might.

Leon
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #37

Happy 4th of July!
Mark, how are your travels?
Old 07-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #38

Hi Sandra!

Thank you for asking. I'm in the finishing stages of bonding with my 19 and couldn't be much happier with my new toy. I decided to stay a 3 days instead of the 1 day originally planned for the last stop on my trip back home and spend the 4th with some new friends. There's a local Sheriff's Deputy with his wife camping here and several others and we decided to spend the 4th together. I even got a ride on a jet boat that is powered by a Corvette LS2 6.0 liter engine. Sounds incredible! Very fast and impressive.

I'm staying at Driftwood RV park in Los Molinos, CA, which is right on the Sacramento River. Although it's in the upper 90's, by the river it's at least 5 degrees cooler and more comfortable. Relaxed and beautiful, it's a nice park that is a Passport America park and is $20/night for water and electric.

It's quite calming camping by a river. My first night camping at Lake Cultus, BC there was a stream that ran through the park and the sound of running water is soothing. A river is even more soothing.

Livin large and having a great time.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0206.jpg   DSCN0207.jpg   DSCN0208.jpg   DSCN0209.jpg   DSCN0211.jpg  

Mark
Old 07-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #39

Thanks for the update, and info. Looks like a great spot. Thanks for the pictures too. They even have full hook-ups for the greenhorns like me. Since Tehama County is not too far for valley guys and gals, it might be a good gathering spot.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:02 PM   #40

Yes. It's a nice park and the price is good too. Camping near water is always nice if you don't have to deal with mosquitoes and/or other excessive bugs. In Washington the mosquitoes were nasty and I ended up smelling like DEET for most of that stay. Even sprayed OFF on the screen door. Here there's no mosquitoes so far that have bothered me. Could be good timing, or the California climate. Is nice here though.

Several people so far love the Escape trailer and enjoyed the tour I gave them. Gotta love the interest that so many have in fiberglass RVs. Maybe it's my glowing happiness and pride, or the trailer itself. I know I'm happy and comfortable in my new home away from home.

Escape therapy is fully engaged and I'm reaping many benefits.

Mark