Campgrounds along I5 in Washington and Oregon - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2016, 08:20 PM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
All I can say is really keep an eye on the weather at the Siskiyou Summit Pass. They're getting snow right now and it's not unusual to get snow right through April: KDRV.com | Snow for the Siskiyou Summit Pass

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:22 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
We stopped the first night just south of Bellingham, WA, at Larrabee State Park. It was a nice place with full hookups. There is a private campground in Bellingham that we considered but it is right off the freeway near the airport so we went to the state park. We left the next morning at about 9 am and got to Seattle mid morning so traffic was not bad.
Hi Bill
This looks like a beautiful campground! They do not start taking reservations until May. Coming from Southern California I find it hard to believe all campgrounds will not be full during the week before Easter (Spring Break)! Campsite photos shows no hookups. I will call tomorrow to see what our chances are if we just show up. Did you take exit 250?
I like the idea of leaving midmorning to miss Seattle traffic.
Thanks
Mary and Kevin

Take_a_hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
All I can say is really keep an eye on the weather at the Siskiyou Summit Pass. They're getting snow right now and it's not unusual to get snow right through April: KDRV.com | Snow for the Siskiyou Summit Pass
Thank you Donna
I added your link to my bookmarks. We will keep an eye on the weather. Hopefully there is a break so we can get to Chilliwack!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:06 PM   #14

Trailer: 2017 19'
Larrabee is a cool state park. It is very close to the rail tracks and the road south from Fairhaven after you turn off at Exit 250 is a somewhat narrow 2 lane.
helesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #15

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba55 View Post
I concur, 7th Feathers in Oregon is a great recommendation. We've stayed there twice and will be again later this year.
Here's a link: Home - Seven Feathers RV Resort
We will too ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:33 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take_a_hike View Post
Campsite photos shows no hookups. I will call tomorrow to see what our chances are if we just show up. Did you take exit 250?
I like the idea of leaving midmorning to miss Seattle traffic.
Thanks
Mary and Kevin
We had hookups in our site T14 (see photo) which is a back-in site. The back-in sites had trees around them while the pull-through sites were in a row without trees. The park web site says their 26 "utility" sites have full hookups.

We exited on state route 11. Our GPS told us to turn left, but stay on Rt 11 until it turns left which is a much better road. Yay, GPS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150528_162130.jpg (344.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 10:52 PM   #17

Trailer: 2016 21'
Quote:
We will be heading to Chilliwack for our orientation March 22. We are looking for places to camp with our new 21! Unfortunately we will not have a great deal of time and hope to find a few places along the route home to California via (I5). We do not want to travel too far for our first night. Any recommendations? Will reservations he needed this time of year? It is the week before Easter and I know I would need them in California!
Hi Mary and Kevin, we are picking ours up that week also. We have reservations at the Linden KOA. Lynden, Washington Campground | Lynden / Bellingham KOA
It's hardly a drive from the border and you may want to get down the road a bit farther than that. But we wanted to be close for a couple of days in case we run into problems.
Happy trails!
Maury&Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
Champoeg State Park, which is just a couple miles off I-5 south of Portland is very nice.
This must be a nice campground! It is almost completely booked! There are a few sites still available. If the timing works out I will make a reservation.
Thank you
Old 03-06-2016, 11:21 PM   #19

Trailer: 2012 15A
Quote:
This must be a nice campground! It is almost completely booked! There are a few sites still available. If the timing works out I will make a reservation.
Thank you
It is a nice campground in an agricultural area and very close to Portland. If you need a Portland city fix, it is a short drive into the city.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:46 PM   #20

Trailer: Escape 5.0 ta 2016 Iwanna/2007 Casita SD 17ft-sold
Maury and Julie,
I have reserved Lynden koa also for my first night with my 5.0 on 3/22. May stay an extra night too. Congratulations on your new escape! Looks like a few pickups at that time!

Sandyb12 is offline   Reply With Quote