Chilliwack Pick-up Trip - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2015, 12:25 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
Hi Robert,
We're having a great time! Getting settled in and finally having some downtime. I plan to do a write-up when I get back, if not sooner.
I'm looking forward to reading your impressions, including of the drive from central Texas to BC (and/or back!)
Old 06-27-2015, 03:03 PM   #42

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
And we are making the same trip in August. Southeast Texas (Houston) to Chilliwack and back.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:48 PM   #43
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
Hi Robert,
We're having a great time! Getting settled in and finally having some downtime. I plan to do a write-up when I get back, if not sooner.
That's great! You guys enjoy. Trust me, you won't want to go back to work when this is done...
Old 06-27-2015, 09:10 PM   #44

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Good thread. We pick up our 5.0TA (Our Escape) on August 13. Plan to stay in Chilliwack hotel the night before orientation on the 13th. After orientation and pick up in Sumac, we plan to cross back over the boarder, drive back to Chilliwack and stay at Cultus Lake just outside the city. The next morning we have a two hour driving instruction scheduled. I don't suspect we will find anything wrong with Our Escape but might have further questions since we are first timers at this RV game. So, we might have to stop back at ETI to get some questions answered and then we are off to other parts of Canada towards Banff. Two weeks in Canada and then head south to Montana, Wyoming, Utah, etc for another 4 weeks of adventure. We have reservations most all of the way. Right or wrong, this is how we plan to do it: live and learn.
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:27 PM   #45

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Right or wrong, this is how we plan to do it: live and learn.

Did the same. Fortunately, through some great advice here, I avoided some headaches, and created some of my own, along the way.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:12 PM   #46

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Good thread. We pick up our 5.0TA (Our Escape) on August 13. Plan to stay in Chilliwack hotel the night before orientation on the 13th. After orientation and pick up in Sumac, we plan to cross back over the boarder, drive back to Chilliwack and stay at Cultus Lake just outside the city. The next morning we have a two hour driving instruction scheduled. I don't suspect we will find anything wrong with Our Escape but might have further questions since we are first timers at this RV game. So, we might have to stop back at ETI to get some questions answered and then we are off to other parts of Canada towards Banff. Two weeks in Canada and then head south to Montana, Wyoming, Utah, etc for another 4 weeks of adventure. We have reservations most all of the way. Right or wrong, this is how we plan to do it: live and learn.

Hope to see you on August 13th. We have our orientation on the same day at 8am. Like you we are planning a three week trip back to Texas. I'm slowly making plans for our stops on the way back. It's our first TT so we are looking forward to learning as we go also.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote