Chilliwack to Cannon Beach - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2016, 11:13 AM   #11

Trailer: 2016 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I took this route when I picked up my trailer in April 2011. No problem finding sites, however it was early enough that i ran into snow a couple of times. I have a journal of that section of the trip starting here.
Vermilye, enjoyed reading your trip notes and photos for that portion of your trip that took you through WA, OR, and into CA. Look forward to reading more later!

Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:15 PM   #12

Trailer: 2006 Extreme Toyhauler
If you are going to drive down the Oregon coast when you pass Garibaldi just before you enter Tillamook on the left side of the road you will see a Gas Station that is the Tillamook factory outlet. Tillamook makes some very good Teriyaki Pepperoni sticks. You can get 2ft sticks for a buck each. I typically buy a 10 pack or 2 anytime I am over on the coast just for camping and road trips.

Meat eater at heart and likely will die with bacon in my hand but at least it will be with a smile.

Also South Beach is a decent camp ground if you like walking around. You really cant go wrong with most of the State Parks. I would recommend avoiding private parks as they all tend to be asphalt and trailers stacked in next to each other. I like a little space between myself and the next person.

RobertH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:07 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertH View Post

Meat eater at heart and likely will die with bacon in my hand but at least it will be with a smile
on my face
Consider this, I went to a fishing tournament last weekend. Thursday night was the get acquainted picnic. Meats served were: Bratwurst, Hamburgers, pickled Northern Pike, venison salami, venison sticks, unlimited pork Rocky Mountain Oysters, and my favorite, Mallard Duck breast marinated, wrapped in bacon and grilled. Baked beans with pickled Ham and more bacon was my only "vegetable". I felt like a carnivore unleashed.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #14

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Consider this, I went to a fishing tournament last weekend. Thursday night was the get acquainted picnic. Meats served were: Bratwurst, Hamburgers, pickled Northern Pike, venison salami, venison sticks, unlimited pork Rocky Mountain Oysters, and my favorite, Mallard Duck breast marinated, wrapped in bacon and grilled. Baked beans with pickled Ham and more bacon was my only "vegetable". I felt like a carnivore unleashed.
Dave
.........and this is at a fishing tournament.........Love to see the line-up at a wild game feast!