Driving Cross Country towing a 17B - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2018, 09:47 AM   #91

Trailer: 2018 Ford F 150, Escape 21
Hey, I'm in Fort Stockton RV Park today (December 3-4). I'm heading the other way.

Take care, Jon

Old 12-04-2018, 10:45 AM   #92

Trailer: 2017 17B
Jon, we crisscrossed paths on I-10, we were there the night of Dec 2nd, while coming to Austin we saw 2 or 3 Escapes going west on I-10 which is unusual for us, as we see many of every other kind except Escapes. We thought there could be a rally in this part of the country. On the Camp Ground, we were placed on the far end, seemed almost like on the service road of I 10. I usually try to go up & strike a conversation, well maybe next time.......

Thanks everybody

disneydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:55 PM   #93

Trailer: 17b
can you give me a bit more information on your thoughts about the windows? We are still trying to make a decision on windows. Thanks!
Bcescapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:28 AM   #94

Trailer: Escape 19' Oct '18
Send a message via Skype™ to Upfisk
Hey, we were in Van Horn RV Park on the night of the 3 and are headed west towards home. We saw no other Escapes on I-10 except one orange graphic 17 headed East near Ft Stockton on the 3rd. It was about 11 am. There are other Escapes on the road?
Upfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #95

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Now the noisy AC good luck with that
We know quiet A/C can be done...it just takes creativity and money! Many know I've done a mini-split that is super quiet, but if you haven't seen it I just recently posted about a quieter rooftop A/C that Advanced-RV is now importing from Australia. They are saying it is 3x quieter than the standard Dometic and Coleman units. I wonder if Escape would entertain acquiring one of these and installing it on a new build?

Custom Air Conditioning Retrofit
Old 12-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #96
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
or, install the smaller Coleman Mach 9200 but unit, a lot quieter than the current 11,500 unit.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:29 PM   #97

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
or, install the smaller Coleman Mach 9200 but unit, a lot quieter than the current 11,500 unit.
Jim: I wish we had sound levels for each unit that could be objectively compared. Acceptable to one person is a jet engine to another.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #98

Upfisk, the one with orange graphics was ours going east on I-10, other Escapes we saw were probably you, Jon & I am not sure but I think we saw one other all going west.

Bcescapist - The awning windows which we have do open but only a fraction of the sliding windows we are used to with full opening. The benefit is we can keep these open when it rains where as the sliding ones can let the rain water in. I will take the full opening ones, over the partial awning windows.

I bought our camper unseen like many of us, took our chances with choices we made based on the lady on the phone at Escape Trailers and going with what was on the forum. We got many of them right except some, which we will try to get on our next camper. In Florida there are(were) not many Escapes to go see.

Sitting on the Dinette one cannot hear the other person standing at the sink when the A/C is on, we are looking to improve that in our next camper.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:43 PM   #99

Days 29 & 30
Settled in for the overnight stay at Gulf Coast RV Resort, Beaumont, Tx, 59F, Wind 7mph.

Last couple of days in Austin, was catching up with family, was feeling under the weather some even after taking the Flu Shot, stayed back an extra night. Austin was kind of cold & cloudy. Anyway, feeling better today, drove 3 1/2 hrs on Rt 71 & I-10E in mild rain to RV Park in Beaumont. Looks like a well laid out RV Park, bathrooms were clean, train passed by on the nearby tracks & the horn was quite loud, hope it does not disturb in the middle of the night.

On the home stretch now, stopping every about 300 miles or less, kind of missing home comforts now, only few more night stays remain of travel trip.

Off to Mississippi in the morning.......
Old 12-07-2018, 07:53 AM   #100
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Watch out for some nasty weather behind you....