Escape Goats follow-up trip report: long - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2015, 01:24 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by OWilly View Post
Good Morning K&K

Thank You for your detailed report - it confirms a number of items for our build sheet.
Two ?'s
Which Tadi Brothers camera did you install ?
If wireless - did it drop the images ?
What single handled faucet did you install ?
Will you be posting images ?

Again - Thank You K&K very much for your report.

Have A GReat Day & A Better Weekend with the TT.

uw
UW,

We had ETI install the SKU93157 120 White RV Backup Wireless Camera (Birds Eye View) from Tadi Brothers, shipped directly to ETI. Hooked up the receiver portion in the Pilot to the GPS on our own. So far, no dropped images, although there's some occasional flickering.

We had ETI install a Kohler Stainless Coralais Single Handle Kitchen faucet from Wayfair, also shipped directly to ETI, to the ETI optional stainless sink.

And yes, I will be posting photos, including some of the modifications we've made since we've returned to make Escape Goats our own. Seems like work interferes with getting things done promptly.

Klaus

Honda Pilot 2011
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:02 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Overall, I like the Factory LED lights, but I have thought of getting "warm white" bulbs just to have a slightly more yellow tint. For some reason, I find it easier on my eyes, especially when reading. It isn't a big deal, but maybe when the bulbs need replacing. I have never had an LED burn out, but I did have one where a little wire broke and needed replacement.

LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:18 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 19' Escape "On the Lam"
What a great report, Klaus! Thanks for the details and some affirmation on choices made for the build sheet. We are looking forward to enjoying many of the same options in our 19. Also, we won't stray too far from ETI the first week or so (staying at Bay View and Deception Pass), while we shake-down, await the arrival of friends, and enjoy the coast.

May you and Karen have many glorious times in your Escape! Thank you, again, for the wonderful travel tips. Peace~
Gae
oldclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #14

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
Overall, I like the Factory LED lights, but I have thought of getting "warm white" bulbs just to have a slightly more yellow tint. For some reason, I find it easier on my eyes, especially when reading. It isn't a big deal, but maybe when the bulbs need replacing. I have never had an LED burn out, but I did have one where a little wire broke and needed replacement.
I've just installed a charging station under the driver-side dinette seat at the front of my 19. As part of this mod, I replaced the standard LED fixture with a strip of warm white LEDs (Lee Valley Tools - Important Announcement -- I use the 120 LEDs/m).

I love the colour and the brightness... I need to get some pictures taken after dark to show the difference with the standard LED fixtures.

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2012 Nissan Frontier
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:06 PM   #15

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Klaus & Karen, Thank you very much for the report on your trailer. As the deadline for our build sheet is approaching, I can use all of the information I can get. When I read how many reports say the same thing about the quality of the Escape trailer, it gives a person satisfaction to know that they have made the right choice. Enjoy your trailer. Loren

Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote