Escaping To Minnesota - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandsandyclink View Post
Hi Leon,
I'm writing these places down. Thank You...I am starting to think that perhaps a month in Minnesota will be too short. Maybe we should consider selling the ranch.
David,
We have lived here all our lives and haven't been to all the places we want to visit.
Unless you like snow, I would save the ranch to escape the Minnesota winters. . We have always loved the four seasons in Minnesota but winter is becoming our least favorite. Maybe if it didn't last quite so long.

BTW - Wisconsin is almost as nice as Minnesota.

John

Old 05-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #12

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
Hi John,
On the flip side in my world is 6 months of relentless Central Texas heat and humidity. It's refreshing to get a breath of cool, clean, mountain air, and enjoy a summer campfire. I left the cold and snow of the Colorado front range a few years ago and returned home. Ideally I would like to travel and live between the two. We're planning to visit there and escape August heat.
We love to travel off and visit a state for a month. See, meet, and eat in Rome as the Romans.

daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #13

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
John,
Thank you for the nice compliment on Wisconsin. Having lived and vacationed extensively in both states I believe they are more alike than dissimilar. I favor the northern portions of both states but each have other scenic areas outside of the "North Woods".

We now have quite a contingent of Escapes in Wisconsin. Three have been added in the past year bringing the total to six. Even Minnesota, Scamp territory, is getting quite a few. Anyone keep track in Minnesota?
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #14

Paul,
There are two Escapes on the map from Minnesota, Leon's and ours but I know there are more. A fellow who was referred by Escape to see our 19 also talked to another Escapee in St Paul and it wasn't Leon's.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
My RV tech guy says that he services a couple other Escape Trailers in St. Paul, but I have never seen them. Eric and Mary were kind enough to show theirs.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #16

Trailer: 2007 Escape 5.0, 2015 F150 2.7EB
We'll have our 5.0 in another eleven days and we are nearly in Minnesota, we can almost see it from our house, and you definitely can from our son's house across town.

Adrian
emers382 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
I bailed out of those Wisconsin winters in the 70s and enjoy year round camping in more temperate Oregon. BUT ya gotta love rain......our saying is "we don't tan - that's rust."

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:39 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
We'll have our 5.0 in another eleven days and we are nearly in Minnesota, we can almost see it from our house, and you definitely can from our son's house across town.

Adrian
We consider ourselves part Canadian. Several times when traveling to other states people have asked my wife if she was from Canada because of her accent. Her Grandparents were from Ely Minnesota and that is pretty darn close eh?
Old 05-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #19

Trailer: 2007 Escape 5.0, 2015 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrn56 View Post
We consider ourselves part Canadian. Several times when traveling to other states people have asked my wife if she was from Canada because of her accent. Her Grandparents were from Ely Minnesota and that is pretty darn close eh?
John and Brenda

Close, eh . Yes but we've never been to Ely. Lived in Thunder Bay and travelled the North Shore but never inland. Have been to International Falls and of course when we go to Thunder Bay now from here we cross through Minnesota from Warroad to Baudette. And we've been across the state both on Highway 2 and I94.

Now we've been living in Emerson we almost feel American at times, I preached at two churches in ND yesterday (I'm a retired pastor) and we just pop over to Pembina ND to pick up packages and gas. And our daughter married a US military man and our six month old granddaughter is American.

The Winnipeg Free Press had a good spread about Minneapolis on Sat. in the travel section focussing on the Foshay building and the great parks, lakes, and trails around the city

Adrian
emers382 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #20

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
We have made it as far as the headwaters of the Mississippi. Those pesky mosquitos nearly drained us of blood in Itasca SP. Our 5.0 is getting very small as we shelter from 3 days of rain and mosquitos. We are headed for the boundary waters area tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Minnesota 2014 074.jpg (210.7 KB, 10 views)

daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote