Factory Visit Tomorrow! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
Smile Factory Visit Tomorrow!

We're so excited... We're heading up to the factory to get a bed extension and a couple other small things done to our used 17B, which means not only do we get to see the factory, and meet Tammy and Reace, but we also get to see the 21!
We're not sure where we're camping tonight, since there were two close RV parks I figure we'll just stop at once of those, neither offered online reservations. We do have reservations for Friday and Saturday nights at Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park campground, so we'll spend Saturday in the woods with our dogs.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Say hi for me, though I will see them in a week anyway. I have never been to their new digs yet, just the old ones a couple times.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B (sold); Currently 2013 19
That sounds like a fun excursion. I've always wanted to go to the factory. There are some modifications I'd like to do but thought Escape would be too busy in the summer. Very curious about the bed extension. How are they extending it?
lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Just saw Tammy and Reace yesterday, they both looked good, and got to see the 21. Wow. For those who want more room, it's great. I'm happy with my 19, especially now that I have the front cargo box installed.

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
I have an extension for my 17B done by Reace--I live in Poco if you want to see it..
But you can check out 17b bed extension or something like that on here and you will see photos of it done...
Old 06-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
Back home from the factory followed by two nights at Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park (campground of the BMX bikers and endless children)! It was fun to see all those Escapes in one place, and to meet Tammy and Reace, and Tammy's Dad Dennis. I'm still drooling over the 5.0, but in all practicality we will only move up to a 19 at some point in a few years when we upgrade TV to an SUV since we don't want to be stuck with a pickup (need room for dogs/stuff in TV).

The bed extension is a piece of carefully cut plywood with folding legs that fits exactly your Escape's dining table end and hallway, thus the necessity of the visit to the factory for Reace to measure it. He did ours himself! Here's a link to the forum piece about the original: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...r-17b-928.html

We also got a couple shelves put in the top of the wardrobe, an extra 12V outlet by the front dinette, a hatch to easily access the passenger side of the big dinette (aka under the bed) where we now have all our towing and tank dumping accessories, a battery disconnect switch and we also bought an LED for the porch light while we were there since I hadn't found one yet.

Between the bed extension and the hatch alone, the trip was well worth it; the other things were just bonuses since we were already there! The first night after getting the extension was a learning curve for the dogs, but they finally got it last night and we four had a pretty perfect night of sleep.